grammar fight

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:32, topic:22370”][quote=“ninerfan55, post:30, topic:22370”][quote=“CharSFNiners, post:28, topic:22370”][quote=“ninerfan55, post:25, topic:22370”][quote=“moss2k, post:24, topic:22370”]new Rivals.com article - http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1085339

Sullivan listed Clemson, Virginia Tech, Virginia and Penn State as his top four schools that have offered.
[/quote] penn state? really? i undestand the others but come one, penn state?[/quote]

He’s high on academics.[/quote]
and. that would make more sense if we were talking about virginia but penn state is a good but not great school academically. a degree from penn state is not difference than a degree from charlotte to the average employer except that they are more well known.[/quote]

Not to be a dick and point out the grammatical errors here, but you’re not very good at disproving them as a better institution.

Most Big Ten schools, are far from slouches academically. Are they UVA, no, but I wouldn’t attempt to compare to them.[/quote]
dude, i know you aren’t supposed to start a sentence with and i know about capitalization but this is a message board, not a thesis. i believe that the average sat’s at penn state is around 1200, which is good but far from elite.

Not to be a dick and point out the grammatical errors here, but you’re not very good at disproving them as a better institution.

Most Big Ten schools, are far from slouches academically. Are they UVA, no, but I wouldn’t attempt to compare to them.[/quote] To err is human. To point out grammatical errors while committing them is hilarious.

scout.com now has Bernard as the 25th best PF in the 2011 class, 3 star prospect.

Most Big Ten schools, are far from slouches academically. Are they UVA, no, but I wouldn’t attempt to compare to them.[/quote] To err is human. To point out grammatical errors while committing them is hilarious.[/quote]

I’m glad you caught the point. There isn’t an over your head emoticon big enough for you.

Most Big Ten schools, are far from slouches academically. Are they UVA, no, but I wouldn’t attempt to compare to them.[/quote] To err is human. To point out grammatical errors while committing them is hilarious.[/quote]

I’m glad you caught the point. There isn’t an over your head emoticon big enough for you.[/quote] Well, not to be a dick, but you contradicted yourself there. If I had understood your point, then it wouldn’t be over my head. Try to be logical if you can.

The point of my post was to give him s*** for grammatical errors. Then I had grammatical errors. You caught my errors you just did not catch the fact that I did it purposefully. When I commented, “I’m glad you caught the point,” that was said with sarcasm. So yea, you are kind of being a dick. Do you want me to send you a message everytime I post so you can troll them?

I think Ace needs to chime in on this.

My grammar is a better cook than your grammar…

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:6, topic:23299”]The point of my post was to give him s*** for grammatical errors. Then I had grammatical errors. You caught my errors you just did not catch the fact that I did it purposefully. When I commented, “I’m glad you caught the point,” that was said with sarcasm. So yea, you are kind of being a dick. Do you want me to send you a message everytime I post so you can troll them?[/quote] Sorry. Now I know the rule. You can give people crap for their grammar on a message board or post homophobic stereotype reinforcing crude comments about our athletes without “being a dick”, but if I don’t catch your implied humor I am “being a dick”. Now I understand. I bow down to your superiority. We will speak no more of this, for no one cares.

I am the only person on this board who is glad this thread was made.

You called yourself a dick, I just went along for the ride. You’re fine to try and call me out for improper grammar when I’ve purposefully done so but you’re the one who will look foolish for doing so. If you think it’s sarcasm, it probably is. I never made a homophonic reference about our players.

You called yourself a dick, I just went along for the ride. You’re fine to try and call me out for improper grammar when I’ve purposefully done so but you’re the one who will look foolish for doing so. If you think it’s sarcasm, it probably is. I never made a homophonic reference about our players.[/quote] Lord. You are a hard case. You and I both remember your HOMOPHOBIC ignorant post which was deleted by the mods. That was the genesis of my distaste for you. Nobody says that about my Niners and gets away unscathed. Perhaps the name “Don Imus” will refresh your alcohol dulled memory.

Nope! I’ve been waiting for this moment the entire time I’ve been looking at this message board. For goodness sake, the word “anyways” is not a word. Its “anyway”. There is no “s”. Please stop using that! It drives me nuts!

Also - your and you’re. Don’t confuse them. You’re means “you are” - remember this!

See, you’re not the only one who is excited about this! Anyway, thats all I’ve got!

Nope! I’ve been waiting for this moment the entire time I’ve been looking at this message board. For goodness sake, the word “anyways” is not a word. Its “anyway”. There is no “s”. Please stop using that! It drives me nuts!

Also - your and you’re. Don’t confuse them. You’re means “you are” - remember this!

See, you’re not the only one who is excited about this! Anyway, thats all I’ve got![/quote]
So we’re really doing this? Cause I could go on for a bit if so.

I thought the thread was about some really bad joke by CharSF and 4ever having had some previous beef with him.

So we’re really doing this? Cause I could go on for a bit if so.

I thought the thread was about some really bad joke by CharSF and 4ever having had some previous beef with him.[/quote] It was. Note the use of past tense. I’m going to try acting like a grownup and stop beating him over the head for one mistake, albeit one that seriously pissed me off.

[quote=“zerogeneticsdc, post:14, topic:23299”]Nope! I’ve been waiting for this moment the entire time I’ve been looking at this message board. For goodness sake, the word “anyways” is not a word. Its “anyway”. There is no “s”. Please stop using that! It drives me nuts!

See, you’re not the only one who is excited about this! Anyway, thats all I’ve got![/quote]

Why do you care anyways? your not an english major…

;D

[quote=“zerogeneticsdc, post:14, topic:23299”]Also - your and you’re. Don’t confuse them. You’re means “you are” - remember this![/quote]Your and You’re… Their, There, and They’re… Its and It’s… Too and To… Affect and Effect… and double negatives are some of the worst.

Double negatives aren’t actually improper grammar.

As long as the point gets across, I usually don’t care.

Double negatives aren’t actually improper grammar.

As long as the point gets across, I usually don’t care.[/quote]

No, but someone reviewing your resume and cover letter may care. It’s one thing to use improper grammar on this board. It’s another to use it in the corporate world.

I know you understand the difference, but there are quite a few “educated individuals” that do not.