GREAT 2ND HALF

FWIW, My 2 cents,

I was kind of scratching my head when we came out and the full court press, and I cotinued to scratch my head throughout the 1st half. Our Full Court Press was weak, Maryland would just use the dribble to beat it or throw a close pass because we wouldnā€™t have enough men up for a full press. Donā€™t half-heartedly do a press, if you are going to full court press, do it all out! Maryland got WAY too many easy looks in the 1st half, Osby (guy with the fro) continually benefited off of it!

Gerrityā€™s on the ball defense was weak, Vasquez was torching him in the first half, he would easily get to his spot and pull up. No contest, he had 17 or so at halftime. In the 2nd half, Harris did a MUCH better job at defending him, except when he would post him up. I saw Dijuan fight through screens and hassle him the whole time when in the game.

As usual, Bobbyā€™s In bounds sets were weak and usually resulted in nothing. Although, I did see a cutter or two to the basket, so that is a glimmer :biggrin:

Leemire was trying to force his shot, this is what happens, teamā€™s know he is going to shoot the 3, he isnā€™t going to drive it past them, just like when we were on the break and the Maryland defender (I think it was Vasquez) looked at his feet and quickly got out on him because he knew the Scouting Report on Lee. Just drive a few times to keep them honest Lee!

I loved the 2nd half effort, epecially when the bench came in. This is the type of basketball I would like to see, good sound defense and an attempt to get it inside. I absolutely loved the play of Gaby & Dewhurst, they are ballers and I am going to enjoy watching them for years to come! Big Phil needs to do something about his hands, I swear he has blocks for hands, canā€™t catch anything. The play of our bench had me excited about years to come, it showed when we donā€™t have a guy to run offense for a 3 for, we actually look like a dangerous and effective team.

I was a little pissed off at the conclusion of the game, but I when I really thought about it the positives showed. I liked how we fought back and never QUIT! Down 22, it would have been easy for the team to hang it up and just finish the game. The comeback also showed me how mature our young guys were! Anjuan, Dew, Dijuan, and even Gaby didnā€™t come in forcing things. They just played sound basketball, and before you knew it we were back in the game, which was very promising.

The frustrating part was that some of our vets, mainly Lee and Lamont were forcing shots. I know Lamont hit a few big 3ā€™s, but the one he forced near the end off the dribble was terrible shot selection. Lee felt like it was his destiny to shoot the 3, and he kept forcing 3ā€™s with defenders on him like glue. I also was frustrated by the fact that our full court pressure was weak from the get go and yet Bobby kept sticking with it. It cost us at least 10 points in the first half. Good M2M half court D is underrated I guess.

[QUOTE=metro;281209]btw, I spoke to HP today and tried to find you too[/QUOTE]
Where did you see HP? I was at Dixieā€™s before the game, Section 116-Row A during the game, then Dixieā€™s again, then Picassoā€™s.

HP Junior had THREE girls with him today. When HP left Charlotte, he was driving, the passenger seat was empty, and Junior was in the back with the THREE girls.

Leeā€¦ 3/17 from the floor and 4 turnovers. :ohmy: (where is the barf emoticon when you need it?). He took some really awful shots today. Yet Bobby still draws up a play for him at the end of the gameā€¦ that same old play we run way too many times. I saw it coming three miles away and Maryland probably did too. How about something original Bobby?

We couldnā€™t throw it in the ocean in the first half. It seemed like we were stuck on 19 FOREVER. It seemed like we were trying to slow the game down in the first halfā€¦ wtf? We scored 25 points in the first half and 47 in the second. Had we not completely sucked in the first half, we would have won this game easily. Vasquez lit us up in the first half and we gave up way too many uncontested dunks.

Harris > Gerrity.

That official that Ian tackled really had it out for us after that happened. He made 3 or 4 really bad calls against us.

Gaby and Dewhurst have been playing well lately. Wilderness needs to get more shots on offenseā€¦ only attempted 3 shots in 32 minutes today. Phil still looks very raw and has trouble catching the ballā€¦ I thought heā€™d play a much bigger role this year. Iā€™m glad Coleyā€™s injury wasnā€™t serious.

At least we didnā€™t get blown out by 30+ on national television todayā€¦ which looked like a real possibility for a while. We missed another opportunity to make some noise against a bigger name ACC opponentā€¦ its a shame because this was a very winnable game.

I donā€™t think I was more pissed watching the game when Mack tried to do his no look Steve Nash passes under the basket down ā€œTwiceā€.

Our press is absolutely terrible. It hurt us in the 1st half, we got beat off of it so many times. Maryland looked to me like a team that has trouble scoring in a half court set (like us), but we were letting them get easy transition dunks and layups in the 1st half. Also, I can never understand how we have so many problems getting back on defense. After we score, to have a team inbound the ball and run back and dunk it on you is unacceptable. If we had some guys like Coleman back there, Iā€™d understand, but we are always just slow to get back.

We played hard, we didnt give up. Dijuan really hustles and makes things happen. Coley is a monster on defense tipping balls around.

Bottom line is we fought back against a very average Maryland team. Our best offensive player is a 5ā€™11ā€™ā€™ shooting guard who is a streaky shooter and canā€™t penetrate. He can get shut down by a big, athletic coverā€¦and God love him, Leemire was fighting hard out there today, but was DREADFUL on offense, maybe the worst game Iā€™ve ever seen from him.

Any game he plays like that we are gonna struggle to beat Farleigh Dickinson, much less Maryland.

coley was wearing a boot at the womens gameā€¦hopefully just to keep everything in place

[QUOTE=Submarley734;281188]You guys canā€™t be noticing this just now. Iā€™ve been saying this for as long as Iā€™ve been watching Lutz and Co. If I ever see a Lutz team run a play to score off of an inbounds pass, I think Iā€™ll have a heart attack.

Also. Who the hell let a girl sit in the STUDENT SECTION with a Maryland hoodie on. I know she was probably a Charlotte student who is a ā€œMaryland fan,ā€ but it looked like she was with her bf. Please, students please, do not allow this anymore. Heckle the **** out of her until she; 1. takes the sweatshirt off, 2. leaves. When I was a student, I forget which game it was, but we had something like that happen. We made this guy feel like an ass until him and his friend, who was a Charlotte student who got him the ticket left the section. There should NEVER be another teamā€™s colors in our CHARLOTTE STUDENT SECTION. Those people are taking tickets away from CHARLOTTE STUDENTS who should be the only ones sitting in the CHARLOTTE STUDENT SECTION!![/QUOTE]

Iā€™m not just now noticing it submarley. Iā€™ve noticed it for years. Itā€™s time for us to move in a different direction, maybe promote Moxley since he can recruit. We need an offense. By that I mean an offensive system, not just set plays. Maryland runs the Flex offense and it gives them constant movement and screening. They can then run some set plays out of their offensive system. We have no system other than set plays.
Play 1) Hit the wing and let the 2 posts double screen for leemire or ian for a 3
Play 2) Swing it to the wing, let the wing pretend like he is attacking the basket and have a double screen set for leemire for a pitch out 3, which was the final play we ran.

Iā€™M TIRED OF MORAL VICTORIES AND Iā€™M TIRED OF MEDIOCRITY.

Mid-foot sprain in his left foot. He said after the game he should be fine by Monday, but he was headed to get some precautionary X-rays. This was before the womenā€™s game, however.

I'm not just now noticing it submarley. I've noticed it for years. It's time for us to move in a different direction, maybe promote Moxley since he can recruit. We need an offense. By that I mean an offensive system, not just set plays. Maryland runs the Flex offense and it gives them constant movement and screening. They can then run some set plays out of their offensive system. We have no system other than set plays. Play 1) Hit the wing and let the 2 posts double screen for leemire or ian for a 3 Play 2) Swing it to the wing, let the wing pretend like he is attacking the basket and have a double screen set for leemire for a pitch out 3, which was the final play we ran.

Iā€™M TIRED OF MORAL VICTORIES AND Iā€™M TIRED OF MEDIOCRITY.

QFT
you forgot the offensive play that involves everyone staring at each other in total confusion

or just winging it.

[QUOTE=Submarley734;281188]You guys canā€™t be noticing this just now. Iā€™ve been saying this for as long as Iā€™ve been watching Lutz and Co. If I ever see a Lutz team run a play to score off of an inbounds pass, I think Iā€™ll have a heart attack.

Also. Who the hell let a girl sit in the STUDENT SECTION with a Maryland hoodie on. I know she was probably a Charlotte student who is a ā€œMaryland fan,ā€ but it looked like she was with her bf. Please, students please, do not allow this anymore. Heckle the **** out of her until she; 1. takes the sweatshirt off, 2. leaves. When I was a student, I forget which game it was, but we had something like that happen. We made this guy feel like an ass until him and his friend, who was a Charlotte student who got him the ticket left the section. There should NEVER be another teamā€™s colors in our CHARLOTTE STUDENT SECTION. Those people are taking tickets away from CHARLOTTE STUDENTS who should be the only ones sitting in the CHARLOTTE STUDENT SECTION!![/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ765BtuB3o

there you go. are you going to have a heart attack now?

[QUOTE=metro;281244]QFT
you forgot the offensive play that involves everyone staring at each other in total confusion or just winging it.[/QUOTE]

That one isnā€™t near as good as having to go the length of the floor with 10 seconds left after a terrible inbounds play.

[QUOTE=Jim Utter;281243]Mid-foot sprain in his left foot. He said after the game he should be fine by Monday, but he was headed to get some precautionary X-rays. This was before the womenā€™s game, however.[/QUOTE]

If heā€™s out, we might as well throw in the towel. Heā€™s been our MVP so far.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ765BtuB3o[/URL]

there you go. are you going to have a heart attack now?

Itā€™s pretty bad when we remember all of the inbounds plays that weā€™ve scored on, isnā€™t it?

I'M TIRED OF MORAL VICTORIES AND I'M TIRED OF MEDIOCRITY.

Me too. It is time for a change.

[QUOTE=Submarley734;281263]Itā€™s pretty bad when we remember all of the inbounds plays that weā€™ve scored on, isnā€™t it?[/QUOTE]

yeah i definitely agree with that.

i hate the maryland people in the student section too, but they got the tickets through school and if anyone got guest tickets, they can go to anyone. in halton, this should NEVER fly. G-W students were in our section at that game, and we gave them hell but if it was a full crowd they would have been pushed out. youā€™re rightā€¦but at bobcatsā€¦thereā€™s not really a ā€˜studentā€™ section considering thereā€™s like 4 seperate sections where students sitā€¦but yeahā€¦it sucks.

i hate the maryland people in the student section too, but they got the tickets through school and if anyone got guest tickets, they can go to anyone. in halton, this should NEVER fly. G-W students were in our section at that game, and we gave them hell but if it was a full crowd they would have been pushed out. you're right..but at bobcats...there's not really a 'student' section considering there's like 4 seperate sections where students sit..but yeah..it sucks.

well the crowd today was all GREEN. Ninernation showed up, too bad our team waited until they were down 22 to show up.

Maryland and Wake fans both failed miserably at Bobcats arena.

I was pleased that we played hard in the 2nd half. We did almost enough to win. We just couldnā€™t get over the hump. We would be within 3 maybe 2 and could not get a basket. Agree with earlier post that mentioned Mackā€™s (bad) Nash interpretation. Two chances for a score and nothing but a huge TO x 2. Not to mention Lee shooting absolutely horrible 3s. He was lucky to get fouled on one of them. I would be overjoyed to see us slow down a little and think on offense sometimes. I know it is hard not to get caught up in the emotion of a comeback but some of the shots when we had a chance were just terrible.

No moral victory, not the officials fault. We did not do enough to win.

Iā€™m a little afraid of the game at Clemson. Not sure what to expect.

Iā€™m disappointed. We should of won this game and we showed that we were a superior team in the second half. In the first half they looked like chickens with their heads cut off because the ā€œshotsā€ they were attempting literally looked as if they were all blind folded out there.

We should of won this game, weā€™re a better team.

Thank God others are saying that our press was worthless. I talked to two people on the light rail landing after the loss and said ā€œman I think I think we are actually still on the court in the pressā€ they both said, ā€œwell it started workingā€ I was clueless at that point. For every decent play that we got out of that jacked up press Maryland got 2 dunks, 1 lay in and a foul. It was atrocious. It was evident that Maryland sucked in the half court. They had so many awful passes that went straight to a white jersey. I mean they honestly looked worse than us in the halfcourt as far as passes go.

I thought sleeping on this game would make me feel better but it doesnā€™t. We lost to a way worse team than us, this team has backtracked if you ask me. I appreciate the second half effort, but you guys are forgetting that in the second half we dug our hole 7 points deeper to start it off, and then when we got down only 7 we made 3 of the dumbest plays on offense I have seen all year in a row. The third one was at 7:58 so we got the media timeout, i really donā€™t know if bobby would have called timeout then, it was obvious that emotions had gotten the best of us and we needed to reign in the team a little bit (as if that ever happens).

I donā€™t know how you are Phil/Judy and see us constantly throw the ball into the back court with single digit time on the shot clock and think we have a good coach.

coley was wearing a boot at the womens game..hopefully just to keep everything in place

I asked him in the parking garage how it felt, he said it felt good. Saw him at the womenā€™s game with the boot, so I asked him again and he still said he would be ready for Clemson. Soooooā€¦