Great game...great crowd!

Plavich said in the postgame show that Lutz told them at halftime to come out with more energy. I have a feeling there was a lot more said than that because that was a totally different Niner team in the 2nd half. We really struggled on defense early in the game but we closed the first half strong and made a tremendous adjustment at the half. Davidson could not get into an offensive flow at all after that and Plavich couldn’t miss. The best part was watching the faces of the Davidson students everytime he drilled another three. They were in total awe. :stuck_out_tongue:

The crowd was fantastic as always and some of the chants were hilarious. We were definitely louder than the Wildcat section at many times.

This team could have easily let this game slip away with the way we played in the first 10 minutes but they hung in there and really clawed their way back into it. Any lingering effects of the Bama game quickly vanished after that late 1st half run. This was a huge win, not so much because of who we beat, but because of the loss we were coming off of and what lies ahead. I feel good about the next two and then we’ll cross the Indiana bridge when we get there.

And what hip flexor?? Tremendous game by Eddie. What a warrior.

thank God i’m not a goose on that campus tonight :rolleyes:

It was great to see us make the comeback & then great to see us pull away down the stretch. Those free throws seemed to fall in a little more often too.

It looked like the team started to gel a little & decided to do what they are capable of doing. I know Plav getting hot helped but our increased intensity on defense didn’t hurt either.

25-2 is not a bad record.

B) B) B)

It is always fun taking over their gym (well except for the game 2 years ago). Davidson is once again out hme away form home.

I was getting very worried in the first half though… we looked unfocused and like we were still dwelling on the bama loss. 14 (or something like that) turnovers in the first half??? Unacceptable. Coach must have said something at halftime because we did look like a different team in the second half. Plav was huge… everyone played better in the second half, but without 7 threes from Plavich that game could have ended very differently. I think he was close to getting a backcourt violation when he made that one from halfcout. :stuck_out_tongue: Great game from Eddie as always.

How the fork did our all conf. player miss an uncontested layup?

I guess I can live with 25-2.

listenin from the yahoo internet feed, you could distinctively make out the “We are… Charlotte” chant from our crowd near the end of that game. Its a home away from home for us for sure.

[i]Originally posted by Anborn[/i]@Dec 8 2004, 10:25 PM [b] listenin from the yahoo internet feed, you could distinctively make out the "We are... Charlotte" chant from our crowd near the end of that game. Its a home away from home for us for sure. [/b]
Could you make out the "This is our house" chant? It was just as loud as the "We are Charlotte" one.

25-2 is not a bad record.

Students were strong…huge turnout and they stood the whole game. I was impressed.

Don’t know about every one else but my freakin’ back hurts. Hey Davidson, you are not a high school - install some backs on the seats.

Oh, and I’d also just like to say…

[font=Impact][SIZE=4]Davids0wned[/font][/SIZE]

Great game, for us! Was a little worried when I saw the halftime score but…they pulled together and really came out strong in the 2nd half. The crowd sounded great over the internet feed.

Coming off of a home loss like Alabama and going on the road is difficult. Glad we beat them for one, and also glad we beat them by a wide margin. Now lets put a beating on Georgia St. In the postgame Bobby said that they live and die by the three. Sounds familiar.

25-2 sounds great. :smiley: Go Niners!

[b]The crowd was fantastic as always and some of the chants were hilarious. We were definitely louder than the Wildcat section at many times.[/b]

Can someone gave a recap of what the chants where? I could only make out a few on TV. Thanks.

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Dec 8 2004, 11:15 PM [b] Can someone gave a recap of what the chants where? I could only make out a few on TV. Thanks. [/b]
Well, for the most part, the usual. Only other Davidson specific ones were "We Are--Charlotte (which you got), the "This is Our House" (that you got also), "Niner Home Game" went around a little, as did "Where's our Trophy?" with about a minute left. Everytime Davidson's cheerleaders were on the court, a "High School Cheerleaders" went up.

And unfortunately, my “Eli Manning” chant whenever Davidson would make a pass to nowhere near anybody never got off the ground really.

The chants were:

“We are…Charlotte”

“High School Cheerleaders” (a shot at how young their cheerleaders looked)

“This is our house”

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Dec 8 2004, 11:15 PM [b] Can someone gave a recap of what the chants where? I could only make out a few on TV. Thanks. [/b]
THIS IS OUR HOUSE! (clap clap clapclapclap)

Something to the effect of, “Get a rope and find a tree, we’re gonna hang a referee”… though we shut that one up pretty quickly.

“Daddy’s Boy” or “Daddy’s Girl” a few times for Matt McKillop…

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Dec 8 2004, 10:00 PM [b] Plavich said in the postgame show that Lutz told them at halftime to come out with more energy. I have a feeling there was a lot more said than that because that was a totally different Niner team in the 2nd half. We really struggled on defense early in the game but we closed the first half strong and made a tremendous adjustment at the half. Davidson could not get into an offensive flow at all after that and Plavich couldn't miss. The best part was watching the faces of the Davidson students everytime he drilled another three. They were in total awe. :P

The crowd was fantastic as always and some of the chants were hilarious. We were definitely louder than the Wildcat section at many times.

This team could have easily let this game slip away with the way we played in the first 10 minutes but they hung in there and really clawed their way back into it. Any lingering effects of the Bama game quickly vanished after that late 1st half run. This was a huge win, not so much because of who we beat, but because of the loss we were coming off of and what lies ahead. I feel good about the next two and then we’ll cross the Indiana bridge when we get there.

And what hip flexor?? Tremendous game by Eddie. What a warrior. [/b]

[b] Lutz told them at halftime to come out with more energy. [/b]

What did he tell them pre-game?? Come out with no energy? Thanks John Wooden.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Dec 8 2004, 11:23 PM [b] What did he tell them pre-game?? Come out with no energy? Thanks John Wooden. [/b]
Great post PI. Way to keep the good times rolling.

Another crowd chant was the standard “Drive Home Safely” when many of their fans started leaving early.

25-2 ain’t too shabby.

[i]Originally posted by MKNiner+Dec 8 2004, 11:29 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (MKNiner @ Dec 8 2004, 11:29 PM)

Do you consider it your divine mission in life to piss all over any positive things that happen for our program?

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi+Dec 8 2004, 11:53 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (49erpi @ Dec 8 2004, 11:53 PM)
Originally posted by MKNiner@Dec 8 2004, 11:29 PM [b]