greeks and bball the truth

Imagine the excitement one day when we win a championship.

Next March.

These guys may be DB’s, but quit characterizing every fraternity member as a dumbass Greek. I was a Kappa Sig, and I attended every home game and a bunch of road games during my four years at Charlotte. At some I was there with the fraternity, but at others I was just with friends. I may have worn my Kappa Sig jersey to some games (in green and white), but usually I wore UNCC stuff (that’s what we were called then).

My point is that you complain about Greeks not attending because you don’t see them in groups wearing their letters, but they could be there in numbers, just as a part of the crowd. It’s like us criticizing 3rd floor Moore Hall for not having everyone at the games, but it is easier to identify Greeks wearing their letters.

I think the administration was right to stop or relocate the prime seating blocks for Greeks, if they weren’t using them regularly. If that’s your beef, it’s been dealt with. Just quit putting down all Greeks with stupid generalizations.

I was having a good Friday until I saw this video. It makes me want to puke to think that our school was represented on National TV by these clowns.

Our logo was used for these d-bags names and underneath it said ‘Charlotte Student’. It should have said “Chapel Hill Poser with no self pride.”

I can’t believe this is the first we’ve heard of this video and it was done back in February?

SOMEONE NEEDS TO EMAIL THAT LINK RIGHT NOW TO JUDY, PHIL AND AS MANY OTHER PEOPLE IN OUR ADMINISTRATION AS YOU CAN.

THIS IS THE MOST EMBARRASSING PROOF YET THAT WE NEED OUR OWN IDENTITY!!

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE!!

NATIONAL TV AND NONE OF THE STUDENTS SHOWN SUPPORTED THE SCHOOL THEY GO TO. THEY EVEN DISMISSED THE QUESTIONS…LIKE THEY WERE EMBARRASSED TO BE CHARLOTTE STUDENTS.

WE NEED FOOTBALL AND WE NEED AN IDENTITY AND THIS IS PROOF.

Please someone provide Judy and Phil’s email address and let’s ALL email this to them and see if they can’t share the disappointment and embarrassment and challenge our LEADERSHIP to actually give a damn about fixing this sh!t…NOW!!!

SOMEONE NEEDS TO EMAIL THAT LINK RIGHT NOW TO JUDY, PHIL AND AS MANY OTHER PEOPLE IN OUR ADMINISTRATION AS YOU CAN.

NATIONAL TV AND NONE OF THE STUDENTS SHOWN SUPPORTED THE SCHOOL THEY GO TO. THEY EVEN DISMISSED THE QUESTIONS…LIKE THEY WERE EMBARRASSED TO BE CHARLOTTE STUDENTS.

Please someone provide Judy and Phil’s email address and let’s ALL email this to them and see if they can’t share the disappointment and embarrassment and challenge our LEADERSHIP to actually give a damn about fixing this sh!t…NOW!!!

grounds for expulsion??? maybe they can get into their beloved school instead?

[QUOTE=metro;413400]I just read the tail end of the first post…so KA used this vid on their recruiting page? Or ESPNU has it on our recruiting page?[/QUOTE]

It’s on the KA page

http://www.kacharlotte.com/Photos.html

[QUOTE=77grad;413409]These guys may be DB’s, but quit characterizing every fraternity member as a dumbass Greek. I was a Kappa Sig, and I attended every home game and a bunch of road games during my four years at Charlotte. At some I was there with the fraternity, but at others I was just with friends. I may have worn my Kappa Sig jersey to some games (in green and white), but usually I wore UNCC stuff (that’s what we were called then).

My point is that you complain about Greeks not attending because you don’t see them in groups wearing their letters, but they could be there in numbers, just as a part of the crowd. It’s like us criticizing 3rd floor Moore Hall for not having everyone at the games, but it is easier to identify Greeks wearing their letters.

I think the administration was right to stop or relocate the prime seating blocks for Greeks, if they weren’t using them regularly. If that’s your beef, it’s been dealt with. Just quit putting down all Greeks with stupid generalizations.[/QUOTE]

DOBA.

I was Kappa Sig as well ( AEKDB, 77Grad). We actually had game letters we were pretty much required to wear IF we wore our letters to a game. I had a black jersey with green and gold letters myself (this was my freshman year before I was in the pep band obviously). I was also Greek at the time when Dan came into the IFC meeting. All that’s true as well.

However, this KA guy definitely still wins the douchebaggery award. Hands down. It’s pathetic, really. I know some of the KA’s though, and the ones I know are great guys. As a matter of fact, my band played for one of their formals a couple years ago. Nonetheless…I don’t know this fella, and even if I did, I’d have no qualms with telling him that he’s being a tool. That’s unacceptable.

Just emailed ESPNU the following:

Dear ESPNU,

It has come to my attention that last February you featured my university, UNC Charlotte, on your show. I am upset with the way the students you chose to interview represented the school I am proud of. They embarrassed the rest of us at Charlotte, by boasting about a different school. I am asking you to revisit UNC Charlotte in the coming year, so that we may be accurately portrayed.

Sincerely,

My Name

Probably won’t do anything, but I felt it was neccessary.

I would have loved to see the Greek Council sanction them for “Actions Unbecoming of a Niner.” [B]K[/B]arolina [B]A[/B]nnex needs to be flogged, ladies, no mixers with those guys.

Just quit putting down all Greeks with stupid generalizations.

I’ll stop when they stop fulfilling the generalizations. My experiences with frats have included the following: frat guys cheating on tests in my classes, frat guys hitting on my girlfriend right in front of me (don’t worry, I called them out on it), frat guys being drunk in public, and frat guys cutting in line at games that I have been in line for for over an hour. So forgive me for not having warm and fuzzy feelings about them. Now I have no beefs with sororities, but frats are another thing.

I'll stop when they stop fulfilling the generalizations. My experiences with frats have included the following: frat guys cheating on tests in my classes, frat guys hitting on my girlfriend right in front of me (don't worry, I called them out on it), frat guys being drunk in public, and frat guys cutting in line at games that I have been in line for for over an hour. So forgive me for not having warm and fuzzy feelings about them. Now I have no beefs with sororities, but frats are another thing.

Not to defend frat guys, because I am not a fan, but…

I’m not a frat guy and I’ve done about 95% of that stuff…

Not to defend frat guys, because I am not a fan, but....

I’m not a frat guy and I’ve done about 95% of that stuff…

It just seems the percentage of guys who are like that jumps way way up when you focus on frat guys. I realize you don’t have to be a frat guy to be like that.

[QUOTE=andrew_uofc;413429]It just seems the percentage of guys who are like that jumps way way up when you focus on frat guys. I realize you don’t have to be a frat guy to be a prick.[/QUOTE]

hahahahahhahaa.

hahahahahhahaa.

I chose to go back and censor myself lol.

Other than breaking in line for a game, what about that makes a person a prick?

Other than breaking in line for a game, what about that makes a person a prick?

Hitting on a dudes girl right in front of the guy is a pretty dickish move

[QUOTE=andrew_uofc;413425]I’ll stop when they stop fulfilling the generalizations. My experiences with frats have included the following: frat guys cheating on tests in my classes, frat guys hitting on my girlfriend right in front of me (don’t worry, I called them out on it), frat guys being drunk in public, and frat guys cutting in line at games that I have been in line for for over an hour. So forgive me for not having warm and fuzzy feelings about them. Now I have no beefs with sororities, but frats are another thing.[/QUOTE]

It’s all about identifying someone more easily. I knew more greeks than non-greeks in college, in terms of friends and acquaintances, and I assure you that there were many MANY bigger pieces of **** on that campus that I knew of who WEREN’T greek compared to those that were. That’s not defending greeks, per se. They’re guilty of it too, just like anybody else. However, if some random guy just cheats on a tests or does something stupid, it’s just some guy. You’ll forget about him tomorrow. However, if that guy in your class that does that stuff has worn letters at some point, you probably noticed he was greek. That sticks out in the mind…so from then on, it becomes “Yeah, that frat guy is a real prick.” It’s just that there are plenty of other pricks going around unnoticed or easily forgotten because they don’t necessarily do or wear anything to make them stand out or make an impression.

Side note: My girlfriend was in nursing school with quite a few sorority girls @ Charlotte. They cheat, lie, and do shady stuff just as much as the next person. Not to imply that they’re worse, but they’re no “better” than your perception of fraternities. Just saying.

Back on topic: I’m emailing ESPN as well as soon as I’m home from work.

Hitting on a dudes girl right in front of the guy is a pretty dickish move

I disagree, the guy should take it as flattering…and of course if she leaves for the douche, well then she wasn’t worth your time in the first place.

Done!

This is so embarrassing. Every time I think we are making strides I see crap like this.

49times, I understand your anti-hate approach/feeling. But this should fire you up and make you upset. They interviewed 6 KAs, 5 of them pulled for a school other than Charlotte. That’s ridiculous.

Not only should the chancellor be aware of this but I think the video should be used in support of the name change campaign. When people see that in person, it would be impossible for them to say we don’t have an identity problem.

[QUOTE=casstommy;413434]Hitting on a dudes girl right in front of the guy is a pretty dickish move[/QUOTE]

I mean, if I knew it was your girlfriend and I was trying to steal her away from you, yeah. But if some guy just walks up and starts hitting on my girlfriend, it wouldn’t bother me.