Green Line

I just saw the Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) proposed layout for lightrail in the county. Wouldn’t you know it, the Northeast corridor line that is proposed to go to the Charlotte campus is the blue line. THE BLUE LINE??!! WE NEED THE GREEN LINE TO GO TO OUR CAMPUS!! We need to start now to campaign to have the GREEN LINE run to our school. Click on this link like I did and let them know we WANT THE GREEN LINE, before it’s too late!! We need to FLOOD them with nice, civil requests to do this. Contact the Charlotte Observer too and your city/county official (if you live in Meck County) and GET THIS DONE. IT’s ONLY RIGHT THAT WE GET THE GREEN LINE. Blue line, indeed! PULEEEEEZE!!!

http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/CATS/Home.htm

[QUOTE=49er1;159510]I just saw the Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) proposed layout for lightrail in the county. Wouldn’t you know it, the Northeast corridor line that is proposed to go to the Charlotte campus is the blue line. THE BLUE LINE??!! WE NEED THE GREEN LINE TO GO TO OUR CAMPUS!! We need to start now to campaign to have the GREEN LINE run to our school. Click on this link like I did and let them know we WANT THE GREEN LINE, before it’s too late!! We need to FLOOD them with nice, civil requests to do this. Contact the Charlotte Observer too and your city/county official (if you live in Meck County) and GET THIS DONE. IT’s ONLY RIGHT THAT WE GET THE GREEN LINE. Blue line, indeed! PULEEEEEZE!!!

http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/CATS/Home.htm[/QUOTE]

Considering the apparel that gets worn to games, isn’t “Blue” more appropriate?

Kidding. I will throw my support behind the Green Line.

I can’t find anything on the site that says it’s the Blue line. Am I missing something??

I’ve sent a letter. Hopefully they will listen. I dont see why they wouldnt. Where else in Charlotte is one color more important than any other? Seems to me we are the only ones who would want a certain color. Too bad it wont be built sooner. It would be sweet to ride the green line into town for whatever.

Just sent my green line request. It says to include an email address if you want a reply, so I included mine. I will post their response if it warrants it. Thanks for the heads up… This really is a good idea.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;159515]I can’t find anything on the site that says it’s the Blue line. Am I missing something??[/QUOTE]

Try this:

http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/CATS/Rapid+Transit+Planning/Home.htm

SENT MINE. I THINK THE GOLD LINE COULD BE APPROPRIATE ALSO.

Where are we sending the letters? Let’s get this organized!

or even “Gold line” u could call that section of the rail system the mine shaft

you guys have got to be kidding me…

seriously…I don’t believe this…

or even "Gold wire" u could call that section of the rail system the mine shaft

fixed

you guys have got to be kidding me....

seriously…I don’t believe this…

C’mon, man… This is a GOOD idea. It should be the green line. It just makes sense…

Just another thing to be laughed at! Yes, it does make sense! BUT the light rail is NOT for the school. It is for the CATS whose colors are blue and white. That makes sense even more!:hammer: Can’t wait to hear about this in the Observer!

clt will make this happen. the line will now be known as the “the thin green line”.

Just another thing to be laughed at! Yes, it does make sense! BUT the light rail is NOT for the school. It is for the CATS whose colors are blue and white. That makes sense even more!:hammer: Can't wait to hear about this in the Observer!

No, no, no… We’re not discussing the color of the trains/cars. We’re talking about the color of the ROUTE.

No, no, no... We're not discussing the color of the trains/cars. We're talking about the color of the ROUTE.

I know that you are talking about the route…I am just saying that the light rail is not for the school even though it goes through the school…I just don’t see them naming the route the green line because of the color of the university! They will name all of the routes probably after the colors designated for CATS. It is a great idea and does make sense but it is just something I could see in the Observer talking about all of the crazy Charlotte kids obsessed with their school! And no that is not a bad thing necessary but it just seems like something that would happen!

The Gold Line, the Mine Shaft… I love it. Those would be sweet.

VN, I really dont think they can be naming the colors of the lines only after the CATS colors. CATS is Blue, White, and some Black. That is only three. There are going to be 5 lines so far. They can squeeze a green line in that list. No the system is not for the school, but no one else should care about the color of the route so it shouldnt be a big deal. Yes we are crazy Charlotte kids, but isnt that how its sposda be?

And 49er1, I agree with the dude who said we should coordinate this a little. Just make sure we arnt sending our mail to 4 different places or something. The show of force will be less obveous if 4 people each get only one fourth of the mail.

VN, I really dont think they can be naming the colors of the lines only after the CATS colors. CATS is Blue, White, and some Black. That is only three. There are going to be 5 lines so far. They can squeeze a green line in that list. No the system is not for the school, but no one else should care about the color of the route so it shouldnt be a big deal. Yes we are crazy Charlotte kids, but isnt that how its sposda be?

Right on!:toast:

My point is…why would they go about changing the current blue line to the green line? I just think its crazy people are going to write letters to CATS to get them to change it.

My point is…transit could give a rat’s @ss over what color it is. It should be changed pretty easily.