Green Line

My point is...transit could give a rat's @ss over what color it is. It should be changed pretty easily.

WELL YOUR POINT DOESN’T MATTER BECAUSE IT SUCKS!!! :lmao:

I always envisioned a replica of the Carowinds Gold Train Ride. Ya know, the Carolina Goldrusher.

[QUOTE=ViRiBuSNiNeR;159638]WELL YOUR POINT DOESN’T MATTER BECAUSE IT SUCKS!!! :lmao:[/QUOTE]

Why do you care if they want it to be the green line?

Jesus, some of you people hate niner fans more than our “rivals.”

OK, let’s harness and channel this youthful energy guys. If we go about this politely and in a civil manner we can get it done. Start by accessing the link in my original post and leave a serious message in the text box. And I appreciate your great ideas, but let’s just focus on just getting the line color changed to the green line. It just makes sense because of the tie-in to the school and riders will find it easy to remember. Just don’t let this get out of hand in a drunken blast. I am serious and think it will be cool. Thanks.

Why do you care if they want it to be the green line?

Jesus, some of you people hate niner fans more than our “rivals.”

Geez, I must hate myself then considering I am a niner fan. It would be cool if it was the green line but moron you are missing my point yet again! I don’t see them changing it because of letters sent from a couple of college kids. It would probably take a little more than that. Possibly a request from the school in general rather than 4 or 5 individuals would do the trick.

Geez, I must hate myself then considering I am a niner fan. It would be cool if it was the green line but moron you are missing my point yet again! I don't see them changing it because of letters sent from a couple of college kids. It would probably take a little more than that. Possibly a request from the school in general rather than 4 or 5 individuals would do the trick.
You ****ing idiot, they haven't even built the lines yet. Do you even go to this University??? Lightrail is still in the planning stage!! Its still a work in progress!! What is it to you if we make an effort to push for the line coming towards the University to be green before its even built? Good lord please shut the hell up because the majority of your first 25 posts make absolutely no damn sense.

You sound like the typical Charlotte fairweather fan. Holy crap you people are annoying!! Wow!!!

[QUOTE=gotLutz;159682]You ****ing idiot, they haven’t even built the lines yet. Do you even go to this University??? Lightrail is still in the planning stage!! Its still a work in progress!! What is it to you if we make an effort to push for the line coming towards the University to be green before its even built? Good lord please shut the hell up because the majority of your first 25 posts make absolutely no damn sense.

You sound like the typical Charlotte fairweather fan. Holy crap you people are annoying!! Wow!!![/QUOTE]

:clap:

I agree totally, why wouldn’t we push for a green line. I mean CATS isn’t referring to a Cat or a panther or something like that. It refers to the Charlotte Area Transit System (hints the name CATS). I know they have their busses blue and stuff, but it isn’t like CATS is a private operated transit system. Since the campus IS located in Charlotte, I think we have the right to voice our opinions. This isn’t a question of just getting a color, it would only make since for the color running to the University of Charlotte (And Yes I said that intentionally) to be that of A school color (preferably green).

Green would be easily recognizable with the school and that would make the location of the route easily recognizable. See what I’m saying?

not to mention the current green line in the plan is the north corridor which runs to Lake Norman… now why wouldn’t that one be blue (seeing as how the lake is water and all)… and give the NE corridor green? the switch takes absolutely no thought, cost, etc. Fairly innocuous, and a good way to make friends for the people on the CATS/DoT board who may or may not be elected.

Thanks for the support for you guys who “get it”. For the VERY few who don’t and have tried to turn this in to a screaming match (W?T?F?), please seek professional help and THEN come back to support my school and teams. GO GREEN!! GO NINERS!!! This can be done.

[QUOTE=ViRiBuSNiNeR;159677]Geez, I must hate myself then considering I am a niner fan. It would be cool if it was the green line but moron you are missing my point yet again! I don’t see them changing it because of letters sent from a couple of college kids. It would probably take a little more than that. Possibly a request from the school in general rather than 4 or 5 individuals would do the trick.[/QUOTE]

From my perspective, the only one on this board that sounds like a moron is YOU!

Not much into the name-calling but when the shoe fits that well…

The simple fact that you are using your time to discredit something that is obviously important to others shows your true colors (and I hope its not green).

If you visited the site more often you would realize we are not all “college kids”.

This whole thing is sorta like Alabama requesting a ‘Crimson Line’. There would be no complaints (except maybe from Auburn fans)

Sad that this school hasn’t fully shaken the inferiority complex. God forbid we ask for school colors to be displayed in the immediate area.

It really should not be a big deal unless somebody with the power at CATS wants to be a pr***. All we’re asking is that the green line go to UNCC and the blue line go to lake norman, instead. Simple, but if a jerk gets in the works and wants to screw us around then it’s ON!!! We need to be ready to make this effort larger (chancellor, mayor, etc.) but while continuing to be civil, polite and professional about it. We do NOT want to be perceived as raving idiots about this or they will turn off to us and the idea before we even get started.

Should we draft a letter to the chancellor, or someone else within the University, to a) make them aware of this and b) get somebody with power to take a stand to push this thru??

Why don’t they have names instead of colors for the lines? The one to campus would be the “University” line or something like that. The north end would be the “Lake Norman” line or whatever, etc etc. Colors are boring.

Why don't they have names instead of colors for the lines? The one to campus would be the "University" line or something like that. The north end would be the "Lake Norman" line or whatever, etc etc. Colors are boring.

That’s just the way it is. We had colors on the metro when I was living in Washington DC. I can bet that’s something we won’t get changed.

Chicago is by color…

Reading Railroad, Pennsylvania Railroad, B&O Railroad, and Short Line? That’s only four.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;159898]That’s just the way it is. We had colors on the metro when I was living in Washington DC. I can bet [I]that’s[/I] something we won’t get changed.[/QUOTE]

Isn’t there one train driver who starts calling the Orange Line the “White Line” once you hit Virginia?

The guy who I emailed about this wrote me back:

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Thanks for your comments. It was something we tried to accommodate. However, many years ago, before rail was developed, the city department over the transit system used green to represent local routes and red to represent express routes. All schedules use these colors to make the information easier for attracting new riders. These colors were replicated across the 3,800 bus stops CATS has across the region. Unfortunately, we found that the use of the green and red colors created a “brand” equity with customers regarding the system’s services. The cost to replace all 3800 bus stops, switch out all 1,200,000 annual schedules, etc. and to re-brand the system would prove to be economically prohibited.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I hope you understand.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Thanks[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma]Olaf Kinard[/FONT]

I wrote back and asked if the Gold Line was possible. Guess we’ll find out.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=49or bust;160033]The guy who I emailed about this wrote me back:

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]

I wrote back and asked if the Gold Line was possible. Guess we’ll find out.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Total BS.