Hayes Stadium

Took the camera out to campus today…

nice pictures stats. this stadium has come a long way.

That thing is looking pretty BA.

thanks tf. cant wait to watch a game there in my seats

lets keep building the program and get it to this:
http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/7500/virtualtours.html?DB_OEM_ID=7500#

Thanx for the pics tf. Can’t wait till baseball season!

:49ers:

I aim to please. I take pics of campus all the time, lots of which are on Facebook if you have that capability. I can’t wait to see us play in that stadium in February. I hope the sound system is nice. haha

Nice. Now, let’s get some students, grads, and Charlotteans out there to fill up the place.

A stadium this nice can do nothing but make fans want to keep coming to more games, especially if we’re winning… not to mention the boost in recruiting we may get.

Plus… we have one of the best PA announcers in college baseball.

The press box is finally going to have high speed wireless internet, so Gametracker won’t be constantly crashing for those who can’t make it out to the game. It is also going to be very well elevated above the field, which will be nice for me, Ryan, the radio guys, etc.

And thanks for the dap, Over40.

[QUOTE=metro;247710]thanks tf. cant wait to watch a game there in my seats

lets keep building the program and get it to this:
http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/7500/virtualtours.html?DB_OEM_ID=7500#[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with the basketball arena and the baseball stadium is frickin sweet, but lets hope we need a much better football studium then that one.

Wow, that’s looking good!! Thanks TF!

Looks good. I can’t wait until it’s done.

Anyone know if there are any plans for the outfield fence?? Maybe painting it green?

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;247755]Anyone know if there are any plans for the outfield fence?? Maybe painting it green?[/QUOTE]
The fence will stay the way it is. We had that green wall before 2003 when they redid the field, and I really like the wooden fence better.

Looks really good. I took a short cut through campus last weekend and was impressed. All I saw concerning the bioinformatics and student union buildings were construction guys moving around a lot of dirt… I guess building the base and doing grading.

I agree with Bojangles comment. Would be a shame if they did all that work and then left the fence the natural wood color… looks sort of amateur.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;247737]Nothing wrong with the basketball arena and the baseball stadium is frickin sweet, but lets hope we need a much better football studium then that one.[/QUOTE]

WSU does not have football

[QUOTE=metro;247771]WSU does not have football[/QUOTE]
SHOCKING!

That baseball stadium is awesome.

[QUOTE=metro;247771]WSU does not have football[/QUOTE]

Well then, (Cessna Field) is one kick ass soccer and track and field complex then.

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;247758]Looks really good. I took a short cut through campus last weekend and was impressed. All I saw concerning the bioinformatics and student union buildings were construction guys moving around a lot of dirt… I guess building the base and doing grading.

I agree with Bojangles comment. Would be a shame if they did all that work and then left the fence the natural wood color… looks sort of amateur.[/QUOTE]

When I saw the fence for the first time, I assumed it was temporary and would be replaced, painted or something. 49erAlumnus told me it was the permanent one. Looks like popsickle sticks to me. Paint it.

Painting the fence green? Was that serious? That would look really, really bad. Leave it wood.

First off, there is no way to reliably match the green on the fence to the green of the batter’s eye. So it’s going to mis-match. That’s just how it works with color, it’s never going to match on two different surfaces.

Then, the paint is going to start to flake and peel, and it’s going to be an eyesore that requires work to keep up.

Leave it wood. It’s classy.

i like the wood…

also - in front of the new stadium entrance it looks like theres going to be a large concrete entrance - if this is so is there any talk of putting in a statue similar to those outside of halton in? Or just some sort of statue in front of that entrance

[QUOTE=Brick Tamland, Weather;247850]Painting the fence green? Was that serious? That would look really, really bad. Leave it wood.

First off, there is no way to reliably match the green on the fence to the green of the batter’s eye. So it’s going to mis-match. That’s just how it works with color, it’s never going to match on two different surfaces.

Then, the paint is going to start to flake and peel, and it’s going to be an eyesore that requires work to keep up.

Leave it wood. It’s classy.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was serious about painting it green. I think it looks cheap the way it is. It looks temporary or incomplete.