High School Football

Who’s excited about a little high school football? I know I am. Should be some good games in the region.

Butler and Indy will be good again, as will Mallard Creek. I’m going to the Mallard Creek-Indy game Friday night to see how legit Marquis Williams is. East Meck has been good in the past but I think redistricting hurt them along with losing their coach (Greg Hill - my high school weightlifting coach) to Ashbrook.

South Point over in Belmont has a lot back and should be good again. They won the 3AA championship last year.

South Pointe and Northwestern should be good down in SC. Clowney for SP is the #1 player in America from most recruiting services.

Brown over in Kannapolis should be good and West Rowan has just reloaded.

My high school (EA) should be good again too even though we lost (W. Rowen) a lot from last years 3A runner-up.

Do any of you guys get into high school football.

hough high school opens up just down the road from me.

Pretty excited to go to some games with the kid.

I haven’t followed HS football in a while, but have a renewed interest now that we have a team and will be recruiting these kids soon. I’d love to go check out a game or 2 this fall. I know Memorial Stadium is open now. Anyone know what games are scheduled to be played there?

Butler-Rich Co & Butler-Indy games are at Memorial this year. I know Indy does not like to give up any home games and move them to Memorial, so I think that’s the only game scheduled there for them. It’s technically at Butler “home” game.

GO EAST MECK EAGLES!!!

GARRINGER!

Hell Yeah! Big Red is always a blast to watch. They run a misdirection offense that is spot on. I am at a good number of their games, so if you wanna watch the Red Raiders one friday night give me a hollar!

There is a HS preview show on Channel 9 right now.

It better be open… you fixed it.

Northwest Guilford Vikings!

FACS!

Go Big I!

Davie War Eagles!

Piedmont Panthers !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Also a War Eagle although this season will mark the 10th year that I haven’t gone to a football game. Hard to believe I’ve been out of HS for 10 years now. I still follow them in the paper but it’s hard to justify going as a graduate and seeing people that went to school 30 years ago still wearing letter jackets and telling how the coach stinks and it was better in their day. I’m glad we don’t have that on this board ;D .

We may suck at football, but while you’re watching the game, we’ll be in the parking lot slashing your tires.

Garinger class of 1996.

Also a War Eagle although this season will mark the 10th year that I haven’t gone to a football game. Hard to believe I’ve been out of HS for 10 years now. I still follow them in the paper but it’s hard to justify going as a graduate and seeing people that went to school 30 years ago still wearing letter jackets and telling how the coach stinks and it was better in their day. I’m glad we don’t have that on this board ;D .[/quote]

Yeah I understand that. I love going to South Point games, but I shake my head at some of the fans and parents. I mean really these are kids out there playing. Fact is though that going to a HS football can be a ton of fun and there is nothing wrong with cheering on the team.

We may suck at football, but while you’re watching the game, we’ll be in the parking lot slashing your tires.

Garinger class of 1996.[/quote]

lol

n.m

Watch it Al. You best not say anything about the G or else things could get pretty ugly around here. :))