Homecoming helmet reveal

5 Likes

Phenomenal!

1 Like

Iโ€™ve been waiting for something like this!

1 Like

Can someone post a stillshot of the helmet? I canโ€™t get the video to play at work.

ETA:
Hereโ€™s a picture:

Thatโ€™s a tremendous helmet.

7 Likes

1 Like

Love thisโ€ฆwould buy everything attached to this logo. Keep!

Iโ€™m going to have to wear my Norm shirt now instead of my jersey. This helmet is sick!!

3 Likes

This is beyond awesome for me. Itโ€™s from my days on campus.

3 Likes

It is funny how when we dumped that logo and moved to the C-pick the general consensus was that we had moved to the big leagues. We had gotten rid of what looked like it had been orignally sketched on a napkin, to a new polished and professionally designed logo. Fifteen (?) years later we love what we hated. I bet fifteen years from now we will have the C-pick on a homecoming helmet and people will think it is a great retro look.

I think this helmet is fun, and I think homecoming is a great time to do this. I donโ€™t want it to be a primary logo again, but as an alternate throwback it is great.

2 Likes

tastes change. trends come and go.

3 Likes

Itโ€™s a challenge to come up with a logo that stands the sands of time. The Michigan M is a good example. We are still searching for that. Throwbacks though are fun. I still want a UNCC final 4 season basketball throwback.

I bet it will happen.

When will the new bling be available for purchase?

Agree. As a throwback, I love it. Donโ€™t want to return to it as a primary, though.

1 Like

Love the throwback helmet!! Hope there is some merch on sale with the old school logo! Love the gold metallic helmets we have and now this old school Norm logo for the helmet; fingers crossed that we see an all gold uniform down the road!

1 Like

I understand WHY people would want a '77 UNCC throwback uni, but any gear that says โ€œUNCCโ€ on it is a terrible idea until weโ€™ve made enough progress to get past all the name confusion for our school and program.

I would love to see us adopt a collegiate โ€œCโ€ as our primary. Colors green and white.

The gold โ€œForty Ninersโ€ basketball throwbacks are sweet

I have thought bout that too. I am thinking more calligraphy. I have a hat circa late 90s that has a calligraphy C in gold on a green hat. I love it.