Homecoming helmet reveal

are we wearing new jerseys too?

Me tooā€¦I would like some type of BLOCK ā€œCā€ā€¦but somehow it needs to be distinguishable as ours.

clt assumes we are wearing white jerseys?

Calling Mr. Bojanglesā€¦I believe the baseball team did this for at least one season with their hat.

I would love a block C that has a pickaxe in the negative space.

These helmets are so sick!!!

3 Likes

I like the Norm. I thought the 49 at the bottom was not great.

It didnā€™t look quite as good on the field, but I think it may look better with the white jersey. The green on green isnā€™t the best look.

Really not trying to be rude or anything, but you are aware that is the logo from the 60ā€™s, yes? not sure Iā€™d change it just for a helmet

No, not from the 60s. Late 70s to 90s.

1 Like

Yes, I am fully ware. I have multiple pieces of apparel with that same logo on it. I love old Norm. He is a great retro logo. To me, the full logo seemed squished on the helmet (I am only seeing the social media pictures, so real life might be different). On a shirt where the room is almost unlimited, you can do the full logo no problem. On the helmet, I miss the ā€˜ersā€™ part and the 49 kind of disappears.

This board talks a lot about what logo to use and clean designs (e.g. C49ers vs Cpick). To me, this is more like the C49ers logo and a cleaner look would have been just Norm. And for that cleaner look, I would change it just for a helmet.

I agree with that. painfully apparent none of our logos were designed with a football helmet in mind.

Thereā€™s actually an ERS there but is hard to see.

Yes, that is what I meant by missing the ā€œersā€ part. I should have said ā€œcanā€™t seeā€ instead of ā€œmissā€.

1 Like

After losing two straight games with this retro logo on our helmets I hope the coaching staff have learned their lesson and take that shit off our helmets. Clear monochrome C-pick is our logo. Letā€™s stick with it.

1 Like

That retro logo saw a big pop in ticket sales, social media activity, recruits loved it and the players loved it.

The helmet logos and uniform changes will keep happening and they should.

2 Likes

Pop in ticket sells? To what events because it sure wasnā€™t our last 2 home football games?

Are we blaming helmet logos for the loss?

No, I just think itā€™s a hideous logo and will be more than glad to find any reason no matter how remote to not see it on our helmets again. Looks like a very disinterested middle school art department had to put something out in 15 minutes.

1 Like

You know what they say about opinionsā€¦