Hornets 2018-2019 Season

Howard traded. Reports are saying locker room hated him (No surprise there). Draft is tomorrow night so how are people feeling? Roster is bad and with the Howard trade (To get under luxury this year) I think they really boxed themselves into a corner. I don’t believe Kemba will be resigned…especially if a PG is taken at 11. He might even be trade bait this year. Tough times in Charlotte.

Was ecstatic when Charlotte was given the Hornets in '88. Loved going to the games. But, the more I watched the nba and the Hornets, it seemed to me the games were not officiated fairly and the league seemed biased against teams like Charlotte. It’s just gotten worse for my perceptions over the years. I believe Charlotte will NEVER again have a team good enough to make it out of the first round of the playoffs, even we we get there, which I don’t think we will. Same teams every year. It’s been a long time and I’m just over the nba.
I still hope I’m wrong, but not so far.

I won’t even comment on the rigged draft lottery.

The NBA is crap. The players get together to see who can join a team to win the championship. It is a rec league with money.

3 Likes

clt could not agree more

The Hornets are going to have to draft their way to relevancy. Trying to sign high dollar free agents won’t work for them.

There’s just one problem with the Hornets and drafting, his name is Michael Jordan. You know, the guy that can do no wrong to the Cheat apologists and the guy that decided Frank Kaminsky would be a better player than Devin Booker and Boston’s monstrous offer of four first rounders.

1 Like

Golden State, San Antonio, Cleveland, Boston and OKC are debunking your theory. For the most part they drafted well and have climbed to the top.

The Hornets have been horrible in the draft. They got Cho, one of the guys behind Seattle/OKC great draft success. But obviously he didn’t have the same success here.

To answer the original question, my original thoughts on the draft were the Hornets have to move on from MKG. Batum is flexible and can play either the 2 or 3. With that in mind, the Hornets should draft the best 2 or 3 available.

Mikal Bridges seemed like the ideal pick. If they feel confident he’s not going to be there at 11, they move back and draft the other Bridges, Miles Bridges, or the other Nova SG DiVincenzo.

Having said all that, most experts seem to think Kemba is gone, so the Hornets have to draft a PG. If that’s the case, it is depressing. Not just because Kemba would be gone. But also because I don’t see a franchise PG at 11. I see another DJ Augustin/Raymond Felton type pick.

Kenna is a good PG and the Hornets best player. Why would you trade him for an unknown draft pick?

He is a free agent after this year who they likely aren’t going to resign. Gotta get something before he leaves for nothing.

Because you hope you hit it great and get a star. Also while that young player develops you win less and get better changes of a lottery pick, to again, try to get lucky with a star.

Also, what @sportsman1417 said. He ain’t staying here, get something while you can.

Wait I thought he was garbage?

Brian Gregory to GT. I said while he was shooting under 40%, as a shoot first PG, he was worthless. His first 4 years he was basically that. He has vastly improved his shooting the past 3 seasons which is why he has value. If he was still shooting under 40% and 32% from 3…no one would be calling.

MJ’s draft plans went totally out the window when Maye announced he was going back to Chapel Hill

1 Like

[quote=“TP49er08, post:6, topic:32763, full:true”]
There’s just one problem with the Hornets and drafting, his name is Michael Jordan. You know, the guy that can do no wrong to the Cheat apologists and the guy that decided Frank Kaminsky would be a better player than Devin Booker and Boston’s monstrous offer of four first rounders.
[/quote] Remember all those times MJ’s teams here and in Washington made runs through the playoffs?
Yea, neither do I.

1 Like

I was hoping for Porter since he fell. Take a flyer. We now have a stockpile of 2nd round picks. Yay.

At this point, any player the Hornets draft I automatically assume will suck and not be a good player in the NBA.

NBA is garbage, by far my least favorite league. I was done after Kobe flat out refused to play for the hornets after being drafted by them.

2 Likes