Hornets playoffs

Well, the first game went well. :o

That felt like watching the Superbowl again :’(

Another shitfest of more to come I’m sure.

Easily the worst game of the year, no ball movement and defensive effort was piss poor. Not quite sure what is up with this team and early start times, the opponent has a disruption in their routine too.

[quote=“bleedsgreenandgold, post:24, topic:30313”]Easily the worst game of the year, no ball movement and defensive effort was piss poor. Not quite sure what is up with this team and early start times, the opponent has a disruption in their routine too.[/quote] Horncats were jet lagged from their trip south! ;D

Every 3rd or 4th game, they’ll decide not to even fing try.

Well, if they win the two or three in between then things are looking good.

The Heat would have beaten anyone in the playoffs yesterday… Sometimes you run into a buzzsaw.

I really hope we show up tonight it would be really nice having the series tied 1-1 coming back to Charlotte

The Heat scored 72 points in the first half. That has to be close to a record.

Showed up in stretches tonight but it wasn’t enough. Also have to call out sportsman1417 for his shoutbox comments hating on Kemba, you’ve got nothing for Marvin Williams or Jeremy Lin tonight? Kemba played his heart out tonight on both sides, those 2 mentioned before contributed very little.

Marvin sucked so bad the first 2 games of this series and what the heck is up with Miami shooting lights out both games especially from 3 point land where can can barley make them

I im asking is just for 1 playoff win something this franchise hasent seen since 2002

Kemba took 29 shots and got 29 points. Marvin and Lin are not the star of the team. They sucked too however. But in big games stars are supposed to show up. He has 4 assist total this playoffs. Also 4 turnovers. When he is on he is deadly, but who knows when that will be. I don’t give participation trophies to a guy who is making (assuming we get swept - played in 85 games this year) $141,176 per game.

You may want to expect more out of them because every garbage shot Williams and Lin jack up, it allows the Miami defense to zone on him especially on his dribble penetration. If you want to cherry pick stats I would look towards Lin, Williams, and Batum shooting a combine 5-28.

Seems like you are expecting elite production from a guy that isn’t even near a max contract, he needs help somewhere.

You may want to expect more out of them because every garbage shot Williams and Lin jack up, it allows the Miami defense to zone on him especially on his dribble penetration. If you want to cherry pick stats I would look towards Lin, Williams, and Batum shooting a combine 5-28.

Seems like you are expecting elite production from a guy that isn’t even near a max contract, he needs help somewhere.[/quote]

Yet you say I probably hate Cam…who is elite. You can’t make that comparison while saying they are not on the same level. Walker shoots a ton and is inconsistent. He always has been. Everyone else has sucked this series. That doesn’t mean I have to all of a sudden pardon Kemba. He shot 460 more shots than anyone else and shot 100 more 3’s than the next closest. If you are going to shoot that much, you better be more reliable.

The Heat haven’t been the same since the addition of Joe Johnson. I always felt like they had enough talent to be top 2 or 3 in the east and now they are finally playing like it. Honestly, they’re just the better team and they’re playing like it.

I wasn’t trying to compare Cam to Kemba, that was a little bit of snark there. You seem to be doing what all the Cam doubters have done for the past couple years and cherry pick stats for whatever reason but this team wins with him on the court whether it is pretty or not.

Let’s compare apples to apples on offense this season with Kemba and Russell Westbrook. Kemba has a better FG efficiency %, better 3PT %, better FT %, and the same assist to turnover ratio. Westbrook has a higher FG % by 2.6%, I’m assuming this him getting to the basket more. If you are on par with Westbrook, I consider that pretty decent.

I’m not trying to convince you to like the guy or how he plays but I find it hard to slight him the way he is playing this season.

Kemba took a huge leap this year and anyone critical of him isnt watching enough hornets ball. He’s not the issue.

They arent hitting their shots. Simple as that. We’ve been a great 3 pt shooting team all season and its dried up. Meanwhile the heat have been terrible from long range and have been hitting everything. Sometimes that happens.

I wasn’t trying to compare Cam to Kemba, that was a little bit of snark there. You seem to be doing what all the Cam doubters have done for the past couple years and cherry pick stats for whatever reason but this team wins with him on the court whether it is pretty or not.

Let’s compare apples to apples on offense this season with Kemba and Russell Westbrook. Kemba has a better FG efficiency %, better 3PT %, better FT %, and the same assist to turnover ratio. Westbrook has a higher FG % by 2.6%, I’m assuming this him getting to the basket more. If you are on par with Westbrook, I consider that pretty decent.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/player/kemba-walker
https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/player/russell-westbrook

I’m not trying to convince you to like the guy or how he plays but I find it hard to slight him the way he is playing this season.[/quote]

Lol. We can stop replying back and forth if you think Kemba is even close to Westbrook on a basketball court. I can see you are going Daryl Morey on me.

My point was strictly to offensive numbers, we all know it isn’t close when it comes to defense and rebounding.