How did we win??

we shot .520 from the FT line

we were out-rebounded 47-33

I guess Leemire’s 3 pointers sums it up

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/boxscore?gid=200712050395

Gaby really surprised me, played with “It is my house” attitude, able to score a bit and when he grabs the rebound, he was a MEAN MACHINE. He really needs to learn how not to foul.

Mack took 7 three pointers. That really bothers me.

It’ll be awesome to see Gaby, Harris, Wilderness, Dewhurst and Jones play together for 3 years, what a great core of group.

it was 3 pointers, from lee.

If we rebound, don’t make stupid turnovers, and shoot decent from the line we win by 18

[QUOTE=metro;274001]we shot .520 from the FT line

we were out-rebounded 47-33

I guess Leemire’s 3 pointers sums it up

[media]http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/boxscore?gid=200712050395[/media][/QUOTE]

It wasn’t a textbook shooting display by either squad. Davison left some at the line as well. It was tought to watch at times.

Just like golf… It’s not how, but how many. I’ll take that same box with the W on Saturday and smile from ear to ear.

LEE
MIRE
GOLD
WIRE

And Richards took a lot of shots, I guess forgetting, he can’t shoot.

just saw a crucifiable stat:

Davidson was 8-29 from 3 (.276)…that is devastating

Curry was 50% or so…

Richards took a lot and I don’t think he hit one of them.

And let Boris Meno do it all day…along with the other guys on their team…

The funniest part…some guy I know from Davidson actually called us a one man team after this win. I thought that was hysterical.

Shooting at the line and Mack’s 3s concern me, other than that I will take this box score any day. Curry is a hell of a shooter though.

im happy about the win but im worried about a couple things. first, we relied on lee a lot. im glad he carried us but the other guys need to step up. also, we still dont set up plays. also, what is with our rebounding. we shouldnt be getting outrebounded by davidson, our guys seemed lost at times. we also seemed to regress and looked for the three point shot. sorry to be pessimisstic but i had to get that off my chest. great win tonight.

The funniest part..some guy I know from Davidson actually called us a one man team after this win. I thought that was hysterical.

I don’t think letting leemire score a career high in points is very flattering for their team.

SERIOUSLY, GET THE PESSIMISM OUT OF HERE.

STOP.

Davidson is a great team. You know who DIDNT BEAT DAVIDSON BY 7? Carolina. Duke.

Thx.

Poll the board, I’d venture a near unanimous response that this was a great win for this team. Just becasue it wasn’t a game that you want to show as an instructional video doesn’t mean we are dogging Davidson. An ugly yet deliightful win.

All I want is the guys to stop celebrating after a shot, big shot, whatever shot… just get back and play D. Numerous times this killed us from making and keeping any type of momentum. That’s my huge gripe.

We were hurt in the rebounding dept. b/c you pay that price chasing Curry around, and doubling up top with Coley. Many times we had 1 big and a small guard down low. Hell, Lee had 8 def. rebs. so that tells you right there. They have one guy shooting at will, and two other decent ones who take a shot when open (but one is usually on the bench), so that would leave 3 guys two rebound.

Lee was unconscious at the end… but thank god, my heart was in my throat on some of those shots, especially since we didn’t need threes necessarily.

I’m not worried with Lee carrying us at times. He is the leader after all on a young and fresh team, so that’s one of his main roles. It’s pretty tough to score 75, with one guy dropping 34, and another having too much. There was some balanced contribution all around. I’d be more worried with a guy scoring 34, another 25, and finishing with 75.

It was loud in there at times but I was somewhat surprised that it wasn’t as loud consistently. Not a shot at students as I thought the pace of the game initially hindered that.

The last thing I will say… Curry is nothing without those screens… NOTHING. Now before I get blasted for that let me explain. How many times did he create for himself, I’ll say maybe 3 or 4 times, and one of those he got a lucky roll, but it still counts. Like I said this is not a shot at him or Davidson, the kid has a killer stroke, it’s nylon every single time, but I’d hate to see a kid that fundamentally sound disappear to Europe after he graduates. PLEASE, someone teach the kid to dribble, drive, and finish. Maybe that will come with growth as he still looks like an 11th grader. His body should fill out. With that stroke, if he develops the ability to dribble, he would destroy people even if he’s serviceable (dribbling) at best. Please nobody feed me stats from last year on assists, I’m sure he gets them, we all would if we were constantly double teamed and hounded on screens like that. He will not last in the NBA unless he can become a PG (his height hurts him too), and that is sad to say about someone that good.

One last thing, GREAT GAME, GREAT WIN, and the last 10 minutes that was a KILLER CROWD… you had people standing in the farthest reaches of Halton.

I love the win but our free throw department needs a lot of work. We could have put the game away sooner had we made a few more FTs. At one point I thought our team didn’t want the ball. the kittens kept on getting tons of offensive rebounds.

i agree that this is a great win. im just saying that im concerned that we still dont know how to set up plays.

So when ESPN does another love fest column on Davidson’s schedule, or next time they show their schedule on TV, they will actually mention Charlotte right?

BTW - Calling us a one man team… we had 9 guys who scored… they had 6…

So when ESPN does another love fest column on Davidson's schedule, or next time they show their schedule on TV, they will actually mention Charlotte right?

during the chapel hill game they did.

Attendance… 8923 - F’IN IMPRESSIVE!

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;274039]Attendance… 8923 - F’IN IMPRESSIVE![/QUOTE]

Good crowd overall… Davidson had a good showing and were loud the entire game. Our students came early and came strong. The students have been tremendous thus far.