How many season tickets will you buy if Major is retained?

I think we all have different ways and definitions of support. Buying tickets is just one way. I was pissed off we ended up in the A10 and dropped my season tickets, however I went to a ton of games just buying tickets at the window. What if someone dropped their tickets but moved that same amt over to foundation giving? Or moved funds to the academic side? Or instead of buying basketball tickets they started buying baseball ones. Simply buying fewer tickets does not make you any less supportive. I will also say this - if halton had 7000 people in it every game no matter how bad major sucks he would not be on the hot seat. The $ involved is what drives plenty of decisions- like it or not thats the truth. You have a very pure view of things and I wish it worked that way[/quote]

It may be a pure view on things or maybe it’s just force of habit! I’ve been going to the games so long I don’t know what else to do with my free time and $. I don’t really analyze the situation too much to be honest. I just like going to the games. I do agree that the Major extension was not justified.

I think we all have different ways and definitions of support. Buying tickets is just one way. I was pissed off we ended up in the A10 and dropped my season tickets, however I went to a ton of games just buying tickets at the window. What if someone dropped their tickets but moved that same amt over to foundation giving? Or moved funds to the academic side? Or instead of buying basketball tickets they started buying baseball ones. Simply buying fewer tickets does not make you any less supportive. I will also say this - if halton had 7000 people in it every game no matter how bad major sucks he would not be on the hot seat. The $ involved is what drives plenty of decisions- like it or not thats the truth. You have a very pure view of things and I wish it worked that way[/quote]

It may be a pure view on things or maybe it’s just force of habit! I’ve been going to the games so long I don’t know what else to do with my free time and $. I don’t really analyze the situation too much to be honest. I just like going to the games. I do agree that the Major extension was not justified.[/quote]

Well if you like going to games then by all means continue to go! I think that is also a important distinction. I havent enjoyed going to games and with a 2 year old and 30 min drive it makes it all difficult for something that isn’t enjoyable.

It may be a pure view on things or maybe it’s just force of habit! I’ve been going to the games so long I don’t know what else to do with my free time and $. I don’t really analyze the situation too much to be honest. I just like going to the games. I do agree that the Major extension was not justified.[/quote]

Well if you like going to games then by all means continue to go! I think that is also a important distinction. I havent enjoyed going to games and with a 2 year old and 30 min drive it makes it all difficult for something that isn’t enjoyable.[/quote]

I hear you man. If I had those factors you mention I might think differently. My kids a lot older and I live close so it’s pretty easy going for me right now as far as time goes. This home stand has been awful. I am with you there. I am REALLY looking forward to football season right now!

True as long as we have this ads vision. A new ad could have a very different point of view.[/quote]

Absolutely. Only using student fees creates apathy. If we ever want to take the next step with the athletic program, we have to have more involvement and donations from alumni. It’s the all more true as we try to build a football program.

I’ve tried giving and not giving and no one in the A D has asked my opinion either way. But I would guess that those who open their pocket books wide have more influence than those who don’t give anything.