HUGE Change in football parking

In classic 49er fashion we announce a massive shift in the worst way.

In email dated 2/1 with subject: [font=arial][size=small]Register Today for Upcoming Charlotte 49er Club Event, at the bottom, under chalk talk, under golf and under gold rush auction is this under Football Parking:[/size][/font]

[font=arial][size=small]In the next several weeks, FSL Account Holders will be receiving information regarding parking options for the 2018 season. Please be on the lookout for this email and review it carefully to determine your parking options. Parking permits will go on sale Monday, February 26 at 8am.[/size][/font] There will be an option to purchase online or by calling the Athletic Foundation. Parking will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis as availability exists. Please note that we expect several lots to sell out and encourage you to secure your parking location as soon as possible. When you purchase your permit you will be able to indicate your parking preference. For those electing to park in a lot with numbered spaces, please note we cannot guarantee you will have the same parking space as last year. However, we will make every effort to accommodate each request.

[font=arial]A[size=small]s always, if you have questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 704-687-4950[/size][/font].

[size=4]This is HUGE! ANY lots, no lot by donor level. I am going to try and get more info about this. This is a massive shift from how we have been handling parking. [/size]

First come first serve doesn’t seem correct when we have a 49er club with rankings. If there is a squeeze on parking the the higher ranks should get first dibs.

I’m not saying that cause I have some high rank. I’m not that high on the list and I always park in the deck.

But if you have put in the time and money to get a high rank you need to be given the benefits.

[quote=“Gassman, post:2, topic:32339”]First come first serve doesn’t seem correct when we have a 49er club with rankings. If there is a squeeze on parking the the higher ranks should get first dibs.

I’m not saying that cause I have some high rank. I’m not that high on the list and I always park in the deck.

But if you have put in the time and money to get a high rank you need to be given the benefits.[/quote]No need to worry. Judy has planned ahead and made sure there is plenty of premium parking for expected demand.

[quote=“Gassman, post:2, topic:32339”]First come first serve doesn’t seem correct when we have a 49er club with rankings. If there is a squeeze on parking the the higher ranks should get first dibs.

But if you have put in the time and money to get a high rank you need to be given the benefits.[/quote]

The issue is the high donors havent been using the spots assigned to them. I agree with you in principle, but if they arent going to tailgate or attend they might as well have a deck pass. Their lack of attendance has impacted the environment nearest the stadium and kudos to the AD for trying to address that.

This makes far more sense and will most likely save them money. I am surprised its first come and not slotted bu ranking though. I had suggested for years to have people rank lots of preference and then slot based on donor level.

I am going to be on campus meeting with turnkey tomorrow. I am going to try and speak with AD about parking.

2019 is gonna be fun. 1 more burn year.

Can’t wait a decade from now to buy 3 spots and have grandkids cheer a winner.

The email isn’t clear at all. It’s still possible the purchase options available could be limited based on your Club rank (e.g. Blue lot or below). Also, you can’t have a fair competition for spots pitting online applications with phone calls if it’s purely first come, first served.

I suspect what they’re trying to address is they have more CRI-level donors than they have spots available.

Are we certain this means donor level doesn’t matter? The lots have always been “first come first serve” in that you’re not guaranteed a spot in your donation level. I know at least one of the decks has sold out before, so that’s how this reads. I’m thinking parking will be like it has been.

Yuge.

For the record, this is almost exactly what they did with student football tickets, and yes, it completely ruined the student loyalty system. I fear this may have similar repercussions on our booster club, which is already very small.

Isn’t this a mute point (unless you are tailgating with grill, etc)…if you will in South Charlotte, take the light rail and from anywhere else just park in the North Tryon deck and take the light rail and pay $4.40? instead of paying $10-$20 for parking.

clt suspects this is just for higher level donors.

There are changes but it is still by $$. Lot $$ are changing quite a bit.

The point can’t speak? Sorry, couldn’t stop myself…

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:8, topic:32339”]Yuge.

For the record, this is almost exactly what they did with student football tickets, and yes, it completely ruined the student loyalty system. I fear this may have similar repercussions on our booster club, which is already very small.[/quote]
Yup, the student ticket system is ruined, but sadly we suck so much in football and basketball that any ststem right now would suck.

I loved when they did pick axe points a couple years ago, it got your priority for tickets if they event was going to sell out or if there was a lottery and you got free gear for the more points you earned. It actually got me out to a volleyball game or two and several softball games. I haven’t gone since cause no incentive

So every single 49er Club member who cares about parking for football will be calling the AD office or trying to buy passes online at 8:00 am on a Monday morning. What could possibly go wrong???

This is going to ruin the AD team breakfast outing to Chick-Fil-A

I think it is first come first serve in the lots that your ranking or donations allow. You cannot move up next to the stadium if your donation does not meet the level.

Also, they are going to try to put you in same space if you are in lots with numbers so I think it is not well-written on the email.

clt says this is chaos.

The school needs to give NNN members their own lot, right beside the stadium.

They did. I know several of us are in it, you should join us.

They did. I know several of us are in it, you should join us.[/quote]

We’re talking about #badfans though.