Huggy Bear

I don’t exactly live nearby to buy all kinds of tickets and I’ve never critcized our facilities, fans, or school. I love Charlotte. It seems to me that you don’t have a clue about anything.[/quote]Why did you think I was talking about you?

Huggins has never done anything illegal and heck Lutz even supported him.
Huh? Are you saying you condone everything Huggins has done? Including his stabbing of Bobby in the back? You have no clue. Maybe you should start attending at least one game a year. It won't hurt you to make that 75 minute drive once a year to see YOUR(?) Niners. Either that or quit coming on here just trying to stir up trouble.[/quote]

Maybe because you wrote pitiful. I always attend a few games each year. This was a strange year for me, but apparently you know everything. How am I stirring up trouble?? Sounds to me like you have NO CLUE.[/quote]Bullshit. I’ve looked at some of your previous posts. Nothing else needs to be said.

I don’t exactly live nearby to buy all kinds of tickets and I’ve never critcized our facilities, fans, or school. I love Charlotte. It seems to me that you don’t have a clue about anything.[/quote]Why did you think I was talking about you?

Huggins has never done anything illegal and heck Lutz even supported him.
Huh? Are you saying you condone everything Huggins has done? Including his stabbing of Bobby in the back? You have no clue. Maybe you should start attending at least one game a year. It won't hurt you to make that 75 minute drive once a year to see YOUR(?) Niners. Either that or quit coming on here just trying to stir up trouble.[/quote]

Maybe because you wrote pitiful. I always attend a few games each year. This was a strange year for me, but apparently you know everything. How am I stirring up trouble?? Sounds to me like you have NO CLUE.[/quote]Bullshit. I’ve looked at some of your previous posts. Nothing else needs to be said.[/quote]
What are you calling BS on? Apparently I’m just not understanding this

[quote=“Ruckus42, post:22, topic:22957”]What are you calling BS on? Apparently I’m just not understanding this[/quote]Let’s start at the beginning since you don’t seem to have all your brains in the same jar. I made a statement about our “fans” that never attend our games or contribute to the 49er Club but always criticize our team, coaches, and other stuff. I did not mention YOU in the post but you immediately replied defending yourself. So if the shoe fits.

Serious hostility.

Actually this is what you put. Basically responding to the pitiful post that I made.

But anyway, enough of this crap. i still think huggins is a good coach and his kids really like him. sorry if you disagree.

I’m assuming this thread was started because of the whole “comforting the player” thing. I thought it was a little weird, hard to watch, over the top, etc. I know the guy was hurt but ugh.

The Beasley/Hill debacle is enough for me to say I was glad to see them lose and I have no respect for him. However, no one can question his ability to take a program to another level like him or not.

Why was it not ‘just business’?[/quote]Because he stepped way over the line. Way over. Everything he did was about as unethiccal as you can get.[/quote]
As I remember, he hired away an assistant who had ins with a top prospect. The assistant was very skilled in his own right, but the top prospect obviously had to weigh in on the decision heavily.

What more did he do? I have said all I know/knew/remember.

[quote=“49er96, post:26, topic:22957”]The Beasley/Hill debacle is enough for me to say I was glad to see them lose and I have no respect for him. However, no one can question his ability to take a program to another level like him or not.[/quote]Exactly. I think we all agree Huggins is a good coach. But liking Huggins because he is a good coach after the crap he pulled is way over the top. I guess some people are just attracted to slimeballs.

I don’t think huggins is a slimeball.

Cal, sure. But we have had our fair share of “thugs” also.

Huggs has never cheated.

[quote=“Ruckus42, post:25, topic:22957”]i still think huggins is a good coach[/quote]You just don’t get it do you? The question was not if he was a good coach or not. The question was of his character. I think everyone agrees he is a good coach.

I think he has done a lot for his players. they love him. did you read Mazzulla and Butler’s comments today? he’s like a father to these guys.

I really think you could blame our Athletic Department, Delonte Hill, and Huggy… how much percenatge you put on any of the three depends on what you consider “bad” or “over the line”

Everyone in the country knew that Beasley was going to go wherever Hill was… you would think we would put something in his contract as soon as they changed the NBA rule (I’ve read somewhere that Beasley really wasn’t even going to play in college but they changed the rule so he had too and he was going to follow Hill and play for a year to help him out) The AD should have known that we need to keep Hill here if we wanted to keep Beasley, put some sort of clause in his contract about going to another school or something, I think we handled that poor.

Now think about this, if you work for a company and you like where you are, but let’s say another company comes along and says, “we will double your salary if you come work for us” If you like the company you work for, wouldn’t you at least tell them that they are making you an offer to pay you a lot more… give them a chance to match? He didn’t do that, and to add insult he left a message saying he was leaving… I think that’s pretty messed up to do to a place that gave you 2 second chances. (Talking about Hill)

So now on Huggy… I’m sure he went to the KSU AD and said if we get Hill here we have a top 5 recruit next year gauranteed… all they had to do is write the check… is that messed up? I guess it depends on who you ask, I think it kind of is but I also think if the other two players (Hill and our AD) did their end it wouldn’t have come to that.

He’s never been caught- doesn’t mean he hasn’t.

I have it from a very reliable source that there was a $300K cash payment made to Beasley and his handler (not Delonte) for his “services”. True story, I swear I’m not making it up.

I have it from a very reliable source that there was a $300K cash payment made to Beasley and his handler (not Delonte) for his “services”. True story, I swear I’m not making it up.[/quote]

I don’t want to discount your source, but I doesn’t make sense to me that a stud HS recruit would go to an A-10 school out of the goodness of his heart, but would need $300k to go to a Big 12 school with a future HOF coach.

I have it from a very reliable source that there was a $300K cash payment made to Beasley and his handler (not Delonte) for his “services”. True story, I swear I’m not making it up.[/quote]

I don’t want to discount your source, but I doesn’t make sense to me that a stud HS recruit would go to an A-10 school out of the goodness of his heart, but would need $300k to go to a Big 12 school with a future HOF coach.[/quote]
I agree- but this guy told me that it was the damnest thing you’ve ever seen. Beasley was laughing and buying his buddies shoes, clothes, dinner, etc and saying don’t worry, there’s more where this came from.

On a side note, same guy was telling me that Ted Washington is prick but is hilarious to be around. Will give you the dish on which coaches are whiners and which ones are pretty cool to work with. Didn’t like Lutz, BTW.

Is driving while staggering drunk legal where you live?

He wasn’t just drunk, he could hardly even stand up, and that was his second DUI. The video has been removed from most sites now, but it’s not something you want a prospective recruit to see, and definitely not something you want to see from a coach who is recruiting your son. But hey, some people would be okay with rape and murder from their coach so long as he won games.

All I know is I saw an interview on ESPN back with Sincy had their 0% graduation rate and Huggins said something along the lines of “I am a basketball coach and am here to win games, not educate them. What do I care if they graduate?” Now I am sure there are plenty of coaches that feel the same, but damn. How does a statement like that not get you investigated by the NCAA?

Investigated for what? Being honest?

I was well aware of the ESPN stuff regarding 0% graduation rates at Cincy and I don’t recall Huggins stating anything like that.

I do remember him talking about how dumb the way they calculated graduation rates, and that there were a number of former players of his that have gone on to graduate.

As we all know the basis of this calculation is to graduate in 5 years. Transfers count against the graduation rate (both transfers in and transfers out), JUCOs count against the graduation rate, players leaving early to play in the NBA count against the graduation rate, etc.

Food for thought…

Only 51% of the entering full-time freshman of the fall of 1998 had received their degrees by 2004 at UNC Charlotte.