I still Don't Get it

Nice win against an awful team today.

But I still don’t get it.

We still can’t shoot for sh!t…but we still shoot 24 3 pointers (7-24)!? Why?

We were 21-34 from 2 point range (over 61%) why shoot more than 10 threes when we are that efficient from inside the arc?

I just don’t get it.

We can adjust to our team strengths but someone is too stubborn to do so.

Agreed. Anderson was crap from the 3, and Coleman is always horrible. Mack shot 9 but did work.

[QUOTE=contemptor;384064]Agreed. Anderson was crap from the 3, and Coleman is always horrible. Mack shot 9 but did work.[/QUOTE]

i dont know why lutz insists on playing ian so much and why we continue to go zone.

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;384065]i dont know why lutz insists on playing ian so much and why we continue to go zone.[/QUOTE]

maybe we went zone b/c they are a bad shooting team.

if they are a bad shooting team, we let them in the game by playing zone and giving them wide open threes. even if they are a bad shooting team, wouldnt you rather play man and contest the threes?

I really don’t see how you can be complaining about playing a zone. It did its job.

Not to mention the fact that it helps give Dijuan some rest on defense since he’s being forced to play so many minutes.

Sigh… We are complaining about an 18 point win… sigh… :huh:

Agreed. Anderson was crap from the 3, and Coleman is always horrible. Mack shot 9 but did work.

I love the fact that we have proven that we CAN work the ball around for a good shot. So why would we ever jack up a three or run a play for a three early in the possession?

Let them work it for 25-30secs first…if nothing pans out we can always find a bad shooter for a three pointer as the clock runs down if that’s what we want to do. My issue is the 10-15 possessions during the game where one of our awful jump shooters takes a three pointer 5 seconds into the possession without even TRYING to work it around for a good shot.

IMO…When you have bad shooters…you need to value each possession and at least TRY for a good shot first.

We don’t seem to do that on at least 10-15 possessions per game. That’s what’s frustrating.

I love the fact that we have proven that we CAN work the ball around for a good shot. So why would we ever jack up a three or run a play for a three early in the possession?

Let them work it for 25-30secs first…if nothing pans out we can always find a bad shooter for a three pointer as the clock runs down if that’s what we want to do. My issue is the 10-15 possessions during the game where one of our awful jump shooters takes a three pointer 5 seconds into the possession without even TRYING to work it around for a good shot.

IMO…When you have bad shooters…you need to value each possession and at least TRY for a good shot first.

We don’t seem to do that on at least 10-15 possessions per game. That’s what’s frustrating.

I mean, there really weren’t any head scratchers today. They were all good shots. Ian just started the game out ice cold.

I mean, there really weren't any head scratchers today. They were all good shots. Ian just started the game out ice cold.
Coleman ever shooting a ball from beyond 15 feet is a head scratcher imo. I enjoyed the game... but we should've won by 30.

[QUOTE=contemptor;384079]Coleman ever shooting a ball from beyond 15 feet is a head scratcher imo. I enjoyed the game… but we should’ve won by 30.[/QUOTE]

he can shoot the three if he is wide open. that is the only time he should be shooting threes.

I mean, there really weren't any head scratchers today. They were all good shots. Ian just started the game out ice cold.

As bad as our shooters are…I would consider any set play for a 3 pointer a head scratcher. Or any 3 pointer attempted with more than 10 secs left on the shot clock.

3 pointers should be a last resort for us but they still seem o be a predominant part of our offense (24 of our 58 shots were 3 pointers today?!)…which IS a head scratcher.

Coleman ever shooting a ball from beyond 15 feet is a head scratcher imo. I enjoyed the game... but we should've won by 30.

He made his first one.

What is wrong with Big Phil? 4-5 but only 9 mins?

[QUOTE=Florida49er;384084]What is wrong with Big Phil? 4-5 but only 9 mins?[/QUOTE]

he was in foul trouble but yeah, i think he should have played more.

[QUOTE=TRLeader;384063]Nice win against an awful team today.

But I still don’t get it.

We still can’t shoot for sh!t…but we still shoot 24 3 pointers (7-24)!? Why?

We were 21-34 from 2 point range (over 61%) why shoot more than 10 threes when we are that efficient from inside the arc?

I just don’t get it.

We can adjust to our team strengths but someone is too stubborn to do so.[/QUOTE]

Could you run to your computer and post this any faster than you did? Anytime ANY team is up 20 points at half there will be a tendancy to relax. Even when your up 30 like we were today. We should shoot about 18 3’s every game. and we should make 6-8 of them. You make 6 of 18 3’s it’s like shooting 50% from 2. 18 is not a lot in today’s college game by any means.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;384074]Sigh… We are complaining about an [B]18 point win[/B]… sigh… :huh:[/QUOTE]

It’s all Coach Lutz fault. What was he thinking by winning this game by 18? I’m really upset with this win. I hope I could get this upset after every game. :biggrin:
:49ers: :49ers: :49ers: :49ers:

my god, GW is absolutely horrid.

They may be worse than NC A&T from a few years ago (Martin Iti’s highlight video). Of course, I’m probably exaggerating a bit because I never expected A&T to be good, but I expected SOMETHING from GW.

I would not wish GW season tickets on Joaquin Phoenix.
If you don’t understand that reference check this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXpYk7WGN5Y

Sigh.. We are complaining about an 18 point win.. sigh... :huh:

You’re right we haven’t had as much discussion after some of the (bigger) losses this year.
-Winning cures everything.

[QUOTE=TRLeader;384081]As bad as our shooters are…I would consider any set play for a 3 pointer a head scratcher. Or any 3 pointer attempted with more than 10 secs left on the shot clock.

3 pointers should be a last resort for us but they still seem o be a predominant part of our offense (24 of our 58 shots were 3 pointers today?!)…which IS a head scratcher.[/QUOTE]

Wow look Xavier beat Fordham by 35 today and look at that…they shot 27 3 pointers…how dare they shoot so many 3’s when they are dominating from 2 (17-31)…shame on them…just poorly coached!! 27 3’s and 31 2’s against an inferior team…sounds familiar.