Ian Andersen - 2006 sg

We have offered. He seems to like us a lot and from an article I read, it looks like we could be his leader. Dont know much about his game, but i gather that he is probably a serious shooter

to be 6’4 in the NCAA he needs to be around 200 pounds he’s going to have fun getting that muscle on

He looks a lot different than he did when he was in Jethro Tull (and changed the spelling of his last name too!)… :stuck_out_tongue:

“Aqualung my friend…”

Now, to the serious stuff:

Rivals.com: Ian Andersen

PortlandTribune.com: Main man

OregonLive.com: A summer to stand apart

Okay, glad I’m not the only one. I was going to post something about smoked salmon, but figured it’d be a bit too obscure.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Aug 10 2005, 11:09 AM [b] Okay, glad I'm not the only one. I was going to post something about smoked salmon, but figured it'd be a bit too obscure. [/b]
My initial thoughts were even more obscure

Jethro Tull (1674–1741) was an English agricultural pioneer.

Tull was born in Basildon, Berkshire, and is considered one of the fathers of scientific agriculture. He was instrumental in designing numerous agricultural implements that transformed agriculture, most notably the seed drill in 1708. Prior to Tull, seed was simply cast upon the ground, to grow or lie fallow as it landed. The seed drill opened a hole of a prescribed depth, dropped in a seed, and covered it over, three rows at a time. The result was a greater germination rate, and a much-improved crop yield.

Tull also invented a horse-drawn hoe for clearing weeds, and made changes to the design of the plough that are still visible in modern versions. His interest in ploughing came from his war against weeds, and his belief that plants took their nourishment solely from the minerals in the soil and that organic emendation was not necessary. He knew that horse manure was filled with weed seeds, and hoped to avoid using it as fertiliser by pulverising the soil to make the minerals more available.

Although Tull was in error on this latter point – the error of a pioneer, it should be noted – as a whole his innovations form part of the foundation of productive modern farming. His inventions were controversial at the time and were not adopted for many years.

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Aug 10 2005, 11:00 AM [b][img]http://home.insightbb.com/~instantlittlebrother/ian.jpg[/img]

“Aqualung my friend…”

[/b]

Of course, if Ian does sign, I think we need a Jethro Tull Night where the entire pep band dresses like this.

FWIW…I’d rather hear any of the following:

Cross-Eyed Mary
Locomotive Breath
Bungle In The Jungle

than You can call me Al.

[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante+Aug 10 2005, 11:23 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (SilvioDante @ Aug 10 2005, 11:23 AM)

By the way, this very day is the birthday of Ian Anderson (of Jethro Tull fame).
He is 58.

Richmond board reports that Andersen will make an official visit to Charlotte.

Spiderfans.com

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Aug 24 2005, 03:41 PM [b] Richmond board reports that Andersen will make an official visit to Charlotte.

Spiderfans.com [/b]

And according to NinerReport.com, it will take place on the weekend of Sept 10th.

[b]"Charlotte - in terms of what they do, their style of play, and what they kind of need - I fit their profile," Andersen said. "They've always had really good athletes, so they want shooters."[/b]

And we’ve always had really good shooters but need to reload NOW!!!

How about “really good defenders”?

just as long as he doesn’t “eye little girls, with bad intent”…

[i]Originally posted by Tenniner[/i]@Aug 25 2005, 12:44 PM [b] just as long as he doesn't "eye little girls, with bad intent".... [/b]
:lmao:

Andersen’s visit is this weekend – Saturday, 9/10. Took me forever to find his listing on Scout.com since they can’t spell… :rolleyes:

Scout.com: Ian Andersen

Will members of the pep band be allowed to have a meet and greet, and perhaps have a flute or two signed?

[i]Originally posted by Tenniner[/i]@Aug 25 2005, 12:44 PM [b] just as long as he doesn't "eye little girls, with bad intent".... [/b]
I'd be surprised if they'd take him too serious. Afterall, he does have "Snot running down his nose"

3 more days til ian visits the campus

He visits today… maybe i’ll see him…NOT…lol :smiley:

Rivals is reporting he loved his visit to Charlotte.

Not to second guess here, but do we really need another 6’4’’ shooting guard in 06 since we just locked up 6’5’’ and 6’6’’ in the same class last week? Especially a SG that isn’t very highly rated and his next best scollie offer is from San Jose State. Not sure what we are doing with this one :wacko: :blink:

rivals.com: Andersen 9/10 visit

Some great quotes in there about his visit.

[b]"I love it there - I love everything about it," Andersen said. "I met the coaches and their families, played with the players, and saw the campus and the facilities. It was all awesome - I really liked the vibe there." [/b]

Sounds like we really like him. Additional visit scheduled. Tatum and Dewhurst are not big-time shooters. This kid may be. As long as we can use the remaining 2 ships for big men, he sounds like a good fit.