Ian Andersen - 2006 sg

Rivals.com: Andersen ready to make decision

Decision this week after a Coach Lutz visit.

If Coach likes him, then we need to sign him. I would say his scouting of shooters is pretty good, good to get him if he commits.

Remember Coach liked Gansey (WVU), when no one else was recruiting him except St. Boni. I would not go by which schools are recruiting a player.

Ian has committed to Charlotte!! woo hoo!!! :thumbsup:

One 'ship left…this gets interesting now.

we need a power foward or center

hell yeah we NEED to land a BIG man now. we have a plethora of wing players

when do we not have wing players?

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Sep 24 2005, 04:33 PM [b] hell yeah we NEED to land a BIG man now. we have a plethora of wing players [/b]
Nice use of the word 'plethora.' It is far underused in my opinion. Last night when I was announcing a football game I said there was 'a plethora of flags on the field' and got hundreds of people to turn towards the press box like WTF?....

ANYWAY, welcome to Ian! Looking forward to seeing him in Niner Green. And yes, we need a big man in the worst way.

Wow. So, our recruits in 06 stand 6’1’’, 6’4’’, 6’5’’, and 6’6’’?

By my count, the only ‘big’ men we have on tap for 06 is 6’7’’ Coleman and 6’8’’ Williams, neither of whom has even played a game for us yet, and who would be seniors. I suppose we have two more schollies left for 06? We need to get two stud big men…and even then, thats kind of a shallow number, especially if one were to go down to injuries.

Edit: I forgot sophomore/possible redshirt freshman Mullis who is 6’7’’ if you want to count him as a power forward, which I dont.

we have 1 scholarship left. marcus bennett might get the appeal in his favor where he has two years of eligibility left.

I believe we have 4 departing seniors (baldwin, withers, nance, drayton) and the Iti/Pigford scholarship left, correct? We get that one back next year, I assume.

[b]we have 1 scholarship left. marcus bennett might get the appeal in his favor where he has two years of eligibility left. [/b]

So basically we have no 'ship left and have to wait to see what happen with Bennett. That’s not good.

I can’t help but believe that we have more than one scholarship left. Perhaps one of the freshmen will be redshirted. Doesn’t that still count as a scholarship for next year? Perhaps we will land a JUCO big man and one more freshman big man (Mike Jones, maybe?).

by my count (and Lefty pointed this out to me) we should have 2 left.

We have these 5 graduating:
Marcus Bennett – (PG/SG) - Graduation
Chris Nance (PF/C) - Graduation
E.J. Drayton – (SF/PF) - Graduation
Curtis Withers (PF) - Graduation
Mitchell Baldwin (PG) – Graduation

Plus, the one we didn’t use (or we lost) this year.

So we have two or three scholarships left, depending on Bennett?

I think we have one or two depending on Bennett. 5 or 6 leaving and we have 4 coming in.

You’re right PCON. I forgot about Carlos Williams. Wow, even without Bennett in '06 we’re a little heavy in 2’s and 3’s. That last scholly HAS to be a solid 4/5 who can play RIGHT AWAY - no time for a project/redshirt.

From the Portland Tribue article Run posted earlier:

[b]Although he lives in Lincoln’s district, Ian Andersen chose to attend Wilson, somewhat, he says, in response to an incident that occurred during the summer before his freshman year. During some horseplay, he was hit in the eye with a BB fired from a gun. As a result, he had a lens transplant. His right eye now has an artificial lens, which is the primary reason he wears protective glasses during games.[/b]
[b]Andersen spends many mornings in summer or on weekends at the Multnomah Athletic Club, lifting weights or practicing basketball. In summer, he regularly wakes at 5 a.m. to practice with his brother, Joel, who played at Franklin when Aker was the coach there and now works for Andersen Construction Co. Ian was a ball boy at Franklin.[/b]

It appears the kid has a good work ethic, and is already on the weights. With his height, hopefully he can become a really good defensive 2. Getting room to shoot won’t be a problem.

Welcome to Charlotte!!!

Anderson makes his choice, rivals.com

[b]"I know that with my work ethic, my ability, and the style they run that I can play significantly immediately," Andersen said. "The style they play is the way I play. The facilities are top notch and I'll spend so much time in the gym. I know I'll get so much better going there." [/b]

From that PortlandTribune story:

He caught Florida coach Billy Donovan’s attention, and the Gators have sent numerous recruiting letters his way. Purdue and Florida State also have showed interest, along with Oregon State.

Pep band needs to start practicing some Jethro Tull songs… :stuck_out_tongue: