Ian postgame - Gerrity

Mitch was really solid his junior year.

His senior year, wellā€¦

Mitch did what we needed him to do for the most part. Took care of the ball and didnā€™t turn it over. He could beat the press as good as anyone and he ran the offense. The area of his game where he really lacked was dribble penetration. At least the last 2 years. I realize he got hurt and that hurts you mentally.

If we could have had the Mitch from Louisville his sophomore year his junior and senior year Iā€™d have been on cloud 9.

But Mitch was a solid kid and as nice a person as you could find.

And, our team was plagued with morale rumors from his first year forward.

Thatā€™s one nice thing about this team, there doesnā€™t seem to be any rumors of team chemistry and it shows on the court.

I think Lutz finally has a team under control.

And, our team was plagued with morale rumors from his first year forward.

Thatā€™s one nice thing about this team, there doesnā€™t seem to be any rumors of team chemistry and it shows on the court.

I think Lutz finally has a team under control.

Agree. These guys enjoy playing together. A real team.

Answer to the trivia question was: Kelvin Price, FPOY from Lousiana, brought in by Butch Pierre.

[QUOTE=MKNiner;275592]Mitch did what we needed him to do for the most part. Took care of the ball and didnā€™t turn it over. He could beat the press as good as anyone and he ran the offense. The area of his game where he really lacked was dribble penetration. At least the last 2 years. I realize he got hurt and that hurts you mentally.

If we could have had the Mitch from Louisville his sophomore year his junior and senior year Iā€™d have been on cloud 9.

But Mitch was a solid kid and as nice a person as you could find.[/QUOTE]

The big, huge difference I see is intanglebles. Harris really seems to have a fire in his belly that I just never saw with Mitch.

They neither are/were shooters. Harris has a much better handle than Mitch and seems to be a better defender to me. But once again, he just seems to want it more.

Back to the Gerrity issue. I think Harris could be a monster coming off the bench and that will be his role. That is what he was brought in to do. Personally I have been impressed with him, probably more than most. I love his heart. That being said, Gerrity has been in the program longer and if Harris gets another start, itā€™s because he earned it in the first 8 games. Nobody knows what goes on in practice.

Gerrity was brought here to be a starter, hopefully the team chemisty will not suffer because of it.

All I know if thisā€¦please donā€™t let Ian do anymore postgames. You ask him a question and he goes on for like 10 minutes. lol. Think heā€™s auditioning for Mattā€™s color guy when heā€™s out of school.

God he was terrible on the mic.

When is Gerrityā€™s first game heā€™s eligible for?

When is Gerrity's first game he's eligible for?

The next one. Hofstra.

FWIW: I heard Bobby in a postgame recently and when asked about how having two quality point guards will be a good problem to have, he said something like (Iā€™m paraphrasing), ā€œWeā€™re really excited about having Mike in the backcourtā€¦or Dijuan in the backcourtā€¦or Mike AND Dijuan in the backcout (blah, blah, blah)ā€

Doubtful if youā€™ll really see much Harris-Gerrity combos this season with Leemire (and his 20 ppg)ā€¦but hopefully next year.

FWIW: I heard Bobby in a postgame recently and when asked about how having two quality point guards will be a good problem to have, he said something like (I'm paraphrasing), "We're really excited about having Mike in the backcourt...or Dijuan in the backcourt....or Mike AND Dijuan in the backcout (blah, blah, blah)"

Doubtful if youā€™ll really see much Harris-Gerrity combos this season with Leemire (and his 20 ppg)ā€¦but hopefully next year.

What? Why not a Harris, Gerrity, Goldwire, Wilderness, Coley line-up? Put on the track shoes and watch them goā€¦