IE vs Firefox vs Mozilla or whatever

[QUOTE=ninermac;210082]LOL, buy me a Mac PC, or better yet, buy me the new iPhone and I’ll certainly make it compatible. Seriously, it would be tough to work on it when I can’t even test it…[/QUOTE]

Ninermac,

Now available for Windows machines. Yay!

http://www.apple.com/safari/

Anybody that has Opera, have you had any trouble getting Java to work correctly when running it? The operating system I’m using Opera on is Windows Me. I can’t get Java sites to work correctly. I’ve namely been troubleshooting with the Official US Time Clock website. I downloaded the latest version of Java after the initial problems, but the sites still do not run correctly. I got frustrated and downloaded Firefox to see if it would work correctly, and it did when running Firefox. So it seems to be a browser-related problem instead of an operating system problem. I’ve finagled the java settings, but it either does not work or prompts me to download Java AGAIN. I like Opera, but if Java is not going to work correctly within it, it will be history.

[QUOTE=X-49er;252997]I’ve namely been troubleshooting with the Official US Time Clock website.[/QUOTE]

Doesn’t work for me either.

[QUOTE]This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem.[/QUOTE]

This is the first time I ever had a problem using Opera.

Are there any other websites you are having problems with - or is it just the Official US Time Clock site?

[QUOTE=survivor45;253010]
Are there any other websites you are having problems with - or is it just the Official US Time Clock site?[/QUOTE]

There were a few others. I’ll have to jot them down as I view them in the upcoming week. I’ll post them once I get a list. The US Time Clock not working was just the icing on the cake and an easy one to remember. I know it’s hard for a webpage designer to account for several different browsers, but it’s nice to have something other than IE to run. It looks like Firefox will be my choice.

Survivor45,

I got the US Gov time site to work in Opera. I was testing my draft at ESPN.com, and it made me download another Java install for the draft applet. For whatever reason, it took this time. I had previously downloaded the Java update from the Sun Microsystems website, but could not get it to work right. Anways, if you happen to be playing Fantasy baseball or football on ESPN, it’s a much easier way to get Java to work for Opera and Firefox on your computer.:thumbsup: