If Bobby leaves?

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:60, topic:22704”][quote=“Niner9, post:57, topic:22704”]One name no one has brought up and would be a great coach. Rusty Larue at Wake Forest. Dino Guadio is on the hot seat at Wake as it is and if they choke in the first round of the tournament the seat will be even hotter next year. That being said, if we collapse at the end of next year why not bring him in he is young and is a very smart person. He was athletic director and basketball/football coach at Forsyth Country Day for years. Any opinions on this option?

O by the way did I mention he coached at Forsyth Country Day for all you Colby Lewis lovers? ;D[/quote]

Can we stop with these ridiculous coaching candidates like Rusty LaRue or Rick Lewis. Some of you act like we are a friggin YMCA team, and you wonder why the program is in the state that it is.[/quote]

since were going after wake forest how about Jeff Battle haha

[quote=“truninersfan, post:61, topic:22704”][quote=“Charlotte2002, post:60, topic:22704”][quote=“Niner9, post:57, topic:22704”]One name no one has brought up and would be a great coach. Rusty Larue at Wake Forest. Dino Guadio is on the hot seat at Wake as it is and if they choke in the first round of the tournament the seat will be even hotter next year. That being said, if we collapse at the end of next year why not bring him in he is young and is a very smart person. He was athletic director and basketball/football coach at Forsyth Country Day for years. Any opinions on this option?

O by the way did I mention he coached at Forsyth Country Day for all you Colby Lewis lovers? ;D[/quote]

Can we stop with these ridiculous coaching candidates like Rusty LaRue or Rick Lewis. Some of you act like we are a friggin YMCA team, and you wonder why the program is in the state that it is.[/quote]

since were going after wake forest how about Jeff Battle haha[/quote]

Jeff Battle is a guy I thought would be a good choice in the past, but from what I have seen from WF the past two seasons makes me not as sold as I once was.

How did we work out the Louisville game? Could we do something similar with Duke or is this a rule the A10 just put into place this year (starting next year)? Not saying we need to hire Wojo just to get a game with Duke just curious how/if this means no more away games without a return game.

No Duke assitant is going to take a non BCS school coaching job.So you can take
Collins and Wojo of the list.
How about Matt Doherty at SMU.

[quote=“ninerrbl, post:64, topic:22704”]How about Matt Doherty at SMU.[/quote]NO.

This.

Doh is actually on the hot seat at SMU.

That’s understandable as next year will be his 5th season in Dallas and the Mustangs have yet to post a winning season overall or in C-USA during his tenure at SMU.

Dallasnews.com: SMU’s Doherty remains optimistic, despite little bottom-line progress

Isiah Thomas? :wink:

When have we ever hired a coach with name recognition?

Jeff Mullins rings a bell.

Jeff Mullins rings a bell.[/quote] He had name recognition for playing, not coaching. He basically came to us from a car dealership, right? Or am I mixing that up?

Mullins has to go down as one of the all-time great long-shot coaching hires.

Yes, Doug Orr really went out on a limb on the Mullins hire, who at that time owned a car dealership in Cary, but was known mainly for his work as an ACC TV network analyst.

Iron9er, don’t slit your wrists, but it would be a lateral move for Marshall to come to Charlotte. I heard our program referred to as "mid-major"
on sports t.v. again last night. Our program has fallen mightily. As for Huntington, W.Va. not being an attraction for recruits, explain to me,
then, how the heck Kansas State attracts recruits?

[quote=“wakeniner, post:73, topic:22704”]Iron9er, don’t slit your wrists, but it would be a lateral move for Marshall to come to Charlotte. I heard our program referred to as "mid-major"
on sports t.v. again last night. Our program has fallen mightily. As for Huntington, W.Va. not being an attraction for recruits, explain to me,
then, how the heck Kansas State attracts recruits?[/quote]

Well, I was talking about Marshall’s coach, Donnie Jones, not Greg Marshall of Wich St. As far as Huntington, WV and Manhatten, KS, yes both places are not places recruits are pining to go to. I guess, how they make it happen is they have good recruiters in place. Which is why I was saying to take their coach!

Again, not going to happen, but was throwing it out there.

That’s understandable as next year will be his 5th season in Dallas and the Mustangs have yet to post a winning season overall or in C-USA during his tenure at SMU.

Dallasnews.com: SMU’s Doherty remains optimistic, despite little bottom-line progress[/quote]Name any coach that has won at SMU? His heart is not in that job I’m sure.

[quote=“Iron9er, post:74, topic:22704”][quote=“wakeniner, post:73, topic:22704”]Iron9er, don’t slit your wrists, but it would be a lateral move for Marshall to come to Charlotte. I heard our program referred to as "mid-major"
then, how the heck Kansas State attracts recruits?[/quote]

Well, I was talking about Marshall’s coach, Donnie Jones, not Greg Marshall of Wich St. As far as Huntington, WV and Manhatten, KS, yes both places are not places recruits are pining to go to. I guess, how they make it happen is they have good recruiters in place. Which is why I was saying to take their coach!

Again, not going to happen, but was throwing it out there.[/quote]
you guys are placing too much importance on location. kids go where they win and based on conference affiliation and their connection to the coaches. look at syracuse, is that a place you want to go live, of course not but it is a great program so kids go there.

This.

Doh is actually on the hot seat at SMU. [/quote]

The funny thing is there was a fair percentage of this board in favor of hiring Doherty here when it looked like Bobby was headed to Tennessee. Wonder where we’d be right now if that would have played out.