If they say 'NO'

If the school passes on football, what will you do?

I know itā€™s not look likely, but Iā€™d like to guage who would stay and who would go from Niner Nation.

[QUOTE=49or bust;251272]If the school passes on football, what will you do?

I know itā€™s not look likely, but Iā€™d like to guage who would stay and who would go from Niner Nation.[/QUOTE]

I thought this thread was about if you are with a girl and you make an advance at herā€¦

As much as I hate to say itā€¦I would have to turn away from supporting the niners from a $ standpoint. No more donations, season tickets, ect. It would suckā€¦and it would really kill me during college b-ball seasonā€¦but I would have to do it.

I cant support anything that doesnt care about itself as much as I do. If the University is so shortsighted that they cant see where they are heading without footballā€¦then I dont trust them with my money.

I would be dissapointed, but college basketball is my main thing and as long as we can compete at a high level in bball I wouldā€™nt turn my back on the Niners.

Realize though because I have another alma mater my view is a bit different. I have a football team, but will never get into RU basketball.

As much as I hate to say it....I would have to turn away from supporting the niners from a $ standpoint. No more donations, season tickets, ect. It would suck....and it would really kill me during college b-ball season...but I would have to do it.

I cant support anything that doesnt care about itself as much as I do. If the University is so shortsighted that they cant see where they are heading without footballā€¦then I dont trust them with my money.

The good thing is that the committee already knows this. I was surprised.

I thought this thread was about if you are with a girl and you make an advance at her...
:lmao:

This thread made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;251278], but college basketball is my main thing.[/QUOTE]

Mine tooā€¦in factā€¦Iā€™m not even that big of a college football fan. But I am smart enought to know that college football drives college sportsā€¦and its what the majority of fans enjoy most. If the university cant see what not having football has doneā€¦and will continue to do to the schoolā€¦then they wont get another dollar from me.

I thought this thread was about if you are with a girl and you make an advance at her...

lol, too true.

Mine too.....in fact....I'm not even that big of a college football fan. But I am smart enought to know that college football drives college sports....and its what the majority of fans enjoy most. If the university cant see what not having football has done...and will continue to do to the school.....then they wont get another dollar from me.
I'm with you guys. I don't actually care too much about college football (that would change if we had a team) but I can't support this team the way I have since I started attending, and know that since we have no chance at football, the bball program will steadily fall behind. It would hurt too much.
This thread made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.
Why? Would you rather the university stick it's head back in the sand? The consequences of coming this close to football and saying no need to be out there and realized by the university.

[QUOTE=49or bust;251288]Iā€™m with you guys. I donā€™t actually care too much about college football (that would change if we had a team) but I canā€™t support this team the way I have since I started attending, and know that since we have no chance at football, the bball program will steadily fall behind. It would hurt too much.[/QUOTE]

You forgot to add the option of ā€œcontinue to go to the school but wear nothing but chapel hill stuffā€

[QUOTE=NLP;251289]Why? Would you rather the university stick itā€™s head back in the sand? The consequences of coming this close to football and saying no need to be out there and realized by the university.[/QUOTE]

I said that because I donā€™t want no to even be an option that this University to have. I want football to at UC and saying no would be like a stab in the back.

I hate to think of what will happen if they say no to football. Ever since they have decided to do a feasibilty study, I have been more excited about my alma mater than I have ever been. I even doubled my donation this year. Iā€™ve also become much more interested in what is going on at the University. Normally I wouldnā€™t even be on this board during this time of the year. Especially after the garbage season we had in basketball.

I will withdrawl all extra donations I currently make to the AD, but continue to support the COE. I just really hope that I am not being naiive by thinking that it looks really good for football right now. They are doing a great job so far and I hope they donā€™t make me regret saying that.

Who the hell voted for the last option!? :confused:

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;251273]I thought this thread was about if you are with a girl and you make an advance at herā€¦[/QUOTE]
:grin:

[QUOTE=Chisox17;251304]Who the hell voted for the last option!? :confused:[/QUOTE]
what 5 fools voted for option #1?
(I voted for #2 btw)

what 5 fools voted for option #1?
I am fool #6. What am I going to do, start rooting for the Tarheels? The Niners are my team.

If they say noā€¦ the Niners are dead to me. I have made it this far in life without a favorite football team and I can make it without a favorite basketball team. I wonā€™t root against themā€¦ but I wonā€™t root for them. I just will not acknowledge them. If the school thinks my loyalty was signed and delivered with a diploma they are mistaken. I have a duty to use the education and growth from UNCC to better myself as a person and contribute to society, they have a duty to continue to make wise choices that increase the value of my diploma and education. Does that go beyond football, sure it does, but I do not think that an organization with such little vision and desire deserves my loyalty. If they are happy being the step child of the mothership in Chapel Hill and refuse to acknowledge that which we can all see, then I am more than happy to walk away from the connections and bonds I have with this institution.