If they say 'NO'

[QUOTE=casstommy;251276]I cant support anything that doesnt care about itself as much as I do.[/QUOTE]

This is the issue in a nutshell. Really needs to be repeated. Often. Maybe even turned into a (not the) Niner Nation mantraā€¦

Interesting that as I write this, over 61% of the respondents said they would make no donation to the school if they pass on football. (Of course it didnā€™t ask if those same 61% were already making donations, but it was implied).

A no vote on football would be devastating to this university. If they say no now, look for them to be handing out free tickets on campus and downtown, because atleast a 1000 less people will be in Halton this year.

If this university says no to football they can move all the programs back down to DII. That is effectively what a no vote would be, because it would DOOM basketball and baseball along with it. Does anyone here really miss the Sunbelt that much to think theyā€™ll vote no?

Under those circumstances, there is no doubt that my support (what minimal amount it is) would be less.

Part of the motivation to give now is that there are some potential better things, on the horizon, in addition to just having football.

I would most likely still attend some games, but season ticket purchases and more significant contributions would be a thing of the past.

If football is a no go, Iā€™m willing to bet that the upper level of Halton Arena gets closed in for office/classroom space. There would be no need for it.

If they say ā€˜noā€™ to football, then Iā€™ll start a hunger strike until they change their minds. Iā€™m not at all joking or speaking hyperbolically. The students voted that this is something they desperately want, and Iā€™m not taking ā€˜noā€™ from anybody.

I am fool #6. What am I going to do, start rooting for the Tarheels? The Niners are my team.

Same here, although Iā€™m a student so I donā€™t do much donating at the moment anyway.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;251298]I will withdrawl all extra donations I currently make to the AD, but continue to support the COE. I just really hope that I am not being naiive by thinking that it looks really good for football right now. They are doing a great job so far and I hope they donā€™t make me regret saying that.[/QUOTE]
Why quit giving to athletics Chev? They donā€™t have the a say in it. Judy is at these meetings just to answer any questions and Darin has provided the numbers. That is the extent of the athletic departmentā€™s involvement.

If you give less to athletics, it just proves to Dubois that football support was not there. If you donā€™t give to the University, it would show that you are upset at the decision. I know that it would be difficult for you to not give to the College of Engineering as it would be for me not to give to Arts and Sciences. Regardless, I will still contribute to the Alumni Association. Should I need to withhold any contributions, Iā€™ve already got a letter saved on my laptop for Vice Chancellor of Development Laura Simic and Dubois stating my reasons.

[QUOTE=HP49er;251350]Why quit giving to athletics Chev? They donā€™t have the a say in it. Judy is at these meetings just to answer any questions and Darin has provided the numbers. That is the extent of the athletic departmentā€™s involvement.

If you give less to athletics, it just proves to Dubois that football support was not there. If you donā€™t give to the University, it would show that you are upset at the decision. I know that it would be difficult for you to not give to the College of Engineering as it would be for me not to give to Arts and Sciences. Regardless, I will still contribute to the Alumni Association. Should I need to withhold any contributions, Iā€™ve already got a letter saved on my laptop for Vice Chancellor of Development Laura Simic and Dubois stating my reasons.[/QUOTE]
sOME GOOD POINTS hPā€¦ cERTAINLY A LOT TO THINK ABOUT (IF THAT DREADED SITUATION WER TO ARISE). iT IS A LITTLE STRAGNE THAT THE ad HAS SO LITTLE INVOLVEMENT IN THIS. iTā€™S UNDERSTANDABLE, BUT STRANGE. i JUST HOPE THAT OUR WORK PAYS OFF AND i WILL BE JOINING ALL OF YOU IN A qUEEN cITY PARKING LOT COME FALL 2012. mAN i CAN ALREADY SMELL THE GRILLS GOING. gOOD POINTS hp. :thumbsup:

[I][B]Edit: Sorry about the caps lock. Everything for work is in CAPS. I donā€™t feel like retyping all of that right now[/B][/I]

the choices of the poll are very lacking

two very important ones especially

1. jump off a building
  2. wellā€¦i guess for this one one of your choices explains what im about to say, but not really. ā€¦bleed niner green. if someone chose that, they better have meant NEVER EFFING GIVE THE F UP

there is no ā€œif they say noā€

not if you bleed green.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;251356]there is no ā€œif they say noā€

not if you bleed green.[/QUOTE]
Oh, you mean like this?:

No? I'm sorry, I don't recognize that word. Can you use it in a sentence?
No. As in, 'No the UNC Board did not give us any money [I]again[/I]'
Oh, like 'No, we are not Chapel Hill' or 'No, we are not a Community College'.
:huh: :ohmy: :wow: :unhappy: :weep: :ticked: :fastgun:

Thatā€™s how invision itā€¦

If they say no, not giving is not strong enough. Everyone who is going to cut back their donation or just not donate should still go through the motions of writing a letter and including a voided check for the amount that they would have given. And CC the President, or send it directly to him rather than the Athletic Foundation. After all, youā€™ll never know what you didnā€™t have when it doesnā€™t show up ā€¦ or something like that.

We might have to get the beatdown on some people in power w/ the school.

Who the hell voted for the last option!? :confused:
I personally wouldn't blame them. I'd feel like the school turned its back on me. Like the school went ahead and said, "Ok, Chapel Hill, Board of Governors, City of Charlotte, whoever. Go ahead and bend me over. Let me have it. Make me the bitch you always knew I could be." I don't want to be associated with that and it would hurt like hell if it happened. That's why I picked the next to last option. But I love this place so much I could see resentment growing from them passing on football, and I could understand someone doing it right back and turning their back on the Niners.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;251331]This is the issue in a nutshell. Really needs to be repeated. Often. Maybe even turned into a (not the) Niner Nation mantraā€¦[/QUOTE]
god thats like 3 posts in a row weā€™ve seen eye to eye on. :toast:

I am a bit of a perfectionist. My theory is the day you stop trying to be better than what you are already, is the day you die.

If this school gives up on football, it is dead to me. It will be a long time from now that the subject of football is ever brought up again if it fails this time.

If we think the path that we are on is the best/right path for our athletics, then I will not stand by and support the athletics program or the school any longer. The idiocy that happens at this school and the ignorance that some have to stand by it is bad enough as it is, I wouldnā€™t be able to look at my 49er merchandise the same way if we give up on this opportunity.

DuBois is in enough trouble w/ the did he or didnā€™t he influence the transit study scandal. I think it the football study comes out no, people like me will say itā€™s a fix.
If the study comes back no, tell them in Spanish to: Joder Apagado!

I would still be a NINER but would be terribly disappointed. I certainly donā€™t think football will cure everything but we have to have it from an athletics standpoint.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;251273]I thought this thread was about if you are with a girl and you make an advance at herā€¦[/QUOTE]
Me too.

[QUOTE=ninerID;251366]I am a bit of a perfectionist. My theory is the day you stop trying to be better than what you are already, is the day you die.

If this school gives up on football, it is dead to me. It will be a long time from now that the subject of football is ever brought up again if it fails this time.

If we think the path that we are on is the best/right path for our athletics, then I will not stand by and support the athletics program or the school any longer. The idiocy that happens at this school and the ignorance that some have to stand by it is bad enough as it is, I wouldnā€™t be able to look at my 49er merchandise the same way if we give up on this opportunity.[/QUOTE]

exactly,
38% have voted theyā€™d ā€œbleed greenā€ even if football fails, this is why our fanbase sucks. 38% are always willing to take it in the 2 spot from poor leadership and smile.

Or, alternatively, 38% either donā€™t really care about getting college football or will always bleed green regardless of any happenings with UNCC, good or bad, mishandled or otherwise. Or I guess the 38% could be mostly comprised of people who didnā€™t read the poll and just vote ā€œbleed greenā€ whenever itā€™s an option. Or maybe that 38% is people who are actively against us getting football. There are plenty of options here.