If they say 'NO'

Itā€™s difficult to know what my response will be until I know all the reasons for the rejection. Hopefully, Iā€™ll never have to find out those reasons.

IMHO this poll is more pointless then the Lutz to Wake thread.

There will be no ā€œNOā€. They wouldnā€™t have even started a study of this topic if they didnā€™t know the outcome already. Admittedly, Dubois and some others have done some dumb things recently, (see Light Rail), but something of this magnitude divided over so many departments of the university cannot be a mistake.

They wouldnā€™t have let this bird off the ground if they didnā€™t know it would fly. We know this, theyā€™ve held it down since [COLOR=darkgreen][B]1949[/B][/COLOR]; they were good at it too! Mac Everett would never waist his time with something designed to crush the spirit of the universityā€™s most loyal fans. The university never allowed this to move forward because they knew we didnā€™t have the student fees to pay for it; now we do, and now we can sustain a program and [B]THEY ARE READY TO DO IT[/B].

We all heard the ā€œwe wonā€™t hurt basketball for footballā€ crap before. Well they now know that[B] NOT HAVING FOOTBALL WILL CONSTANTLY HURT BASKETBALL[/B] in the future. The results for us from the last conference expansion has opened their eyes to reallity.

So rest well [B][COLOR=DarkGreen]NinerNation[/COLOR][/B], football is coming; and if for some rediculous reason it doesnā€™t, then I will never tolarate anyone complaining about people wearing ACC gear again.:49ers: :thumbsup:

exactly, 38% have voted they'd "bleed green" even if football fails, this is why our fanbase sucks. 38% are always willing to take it in the 2 spot from poor leadership and smile.

that 38% will dwindle when their tickets arenā€™t free anymore, they have to move away from the university area, they get a family, they get a dog, they have bills, oh and we are in the atlantic sun (or the a10 becomes equivalent to it).

Yes there are leftyā€™s and NAā€™s of the world, but i would say most of the students are a little misguided, or at least havent tasted the real world yet enough to see the difficulties in being a niner fan after college.

Tough decison but as NA alluded to, I think that my apathy would be on par with what I perceive as apathy from the university.

Not sure I would quit donating but I would certainly drop back down to the $49 minimum and not a penny more. And though I would likely continue to get season tickets to menā€™s basketball, I would feel far less guilty about missing various home games. And of course, if our menā€™s basketball program continues to slide, I would even consider just buying single game tickets in the future.

I just refuse to give 100% of myself if the school isnā€™t 100% committed to bringing football here. Itā€™s August 1st and teams/fans all across America are gearing up for fall football. Weā€™re sitting here living vicariously through them and thatā€™s completely unacceptable given the size of our university/market weā€™re in. Maybe Iā€™ll use the extra money Iā€™d save from 49er contributions and just start attending more Wake Forest football games.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;251425]Maybe Iā€™ll use the extra money Iā€™d save from 49er contributions and just start attending more Wake Forest football games.[/QUOTE]
jcl, just come on up and letā€™s cook some eggs and bacon in the parking lot before the home opener with Nebraska on September 8 (12:00). We can imagine what it could be like in Charlotte.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;251425]Tough decison but as NA alluded to, I think that my apathy would be on par with what I perceive as apathy from the university.

Not sure I would quit donating but I would certainly drop back down to the $49 minimum and not a penny more. And though I would likely continue to get season tickets to menā€™s basketball, I would feel far less guilty about missing various home games. And of course, if our menā€™s basketball program continues to slide, I would even consider just buying single game tickets in the future.

I just refuse to give 100% of myself if the school isnā€™t 100% committed to bringing football here. Itā€™s August 1st and teams/fans all across America are gearing up for fall football. Weā€™re sitting here living vicariously through them and thatā€™s completely unacceptable given the size of our university/market weā€™re in. Maybe Iā€™ll use the extra money Iā€™d save from 49er contributions and just start attending more Wake Forest football games.[/QUOTE]
exactly, Iā€™ll still be a 49er fan if they say NO to football, but just not with the fervor I once had

Wow! Almost 38 percent of you would still bleed green. I assume that means you would not change your habits in regards to the University at all.

I can respect that kind of dedication to the school. But the question(s) I would ask isā€¦does the apparent lack of foresight this school continually displays not worry you? Do you think that the program can position itself to be in a better position when another conference shakeup happens (which you know will happen) without football? Is there a point in which you can even possibly be frustrated enough with our leadership to consider withdrawing your own hard earn dollar?

I think almost everyone on this board will always ā€˜bleed greenā€™ but it will be really hard for me to sit back and watch our athletic department go down the drain. It was hard enough for me to deal with going to the A10. Going to games thinking about the way it used to be is depressing. It would be even harder to go to games and think about what this University could have been with a football team.

If football was voted down, I would probably reduce myself to attending the Homecoming basketball game each year, if I could find anyone to come with me.

that 38% will dwindle when their tickets aren't free anymore, they have to move away from the university area, they get a family, they get a dog, they have bills, oh and we are in the atlantic sun (or the a10 becomes equivalent to it).

Yes there are leftyā€™s and NAā€™s of the world, but i would say most of the students are a little misguided, or at least havent tasted the real world yet enough to see the difficulties in being a niner fan after college.

Dead onā€¦ Iā€™ve only been out for 2 months and with a g/f, a dog, a cat, a new car, a new apt., and 10 hour days it is not going to be easy and I will probably not by a package this year just come to certain games and buy cheapies.

I have to chime in on this. I would still support the school mostly due to a glimmer of hope that anyone or any group can do anything they put their mind or heart to. Then again, if the answer is ā€œnoā€ it may kill my feelings on that, I donā€™t know since it hasnā€™t been decided yet. I can guarantee they would not get any of my money since Iā€™d basically be donating and continously missing a sports season (Iā€™ll have basketball in the winter and baseball in the spring). With what Iā€™ve seen and reports Iā€™ve gathered from all sources and primarily from feedback on these meetings Iā€™m very optomistic it will happen. I think some media sources still need to be brought over to this optimism. Fox News (primarily the Edge) made it seem like a joke that we could ā€œget a team and REALLY compete.ā€ Brothaā€™ Fred was pissing me off.

I guess this fall Iā€™ll just hit up a few VT games with friends so I can get a taste of things to come.