If you could prevent 1 assassination....

who would it be and why. I stole this idea from another thread I came across on another board. Put this in the ramblings forum cause I dont think its just a political issue.

I would put this in the form of a poll…but dont know how.

Some canidates include…

Lincoln … JFK …RFK … MLK … Franz Ferdinand … Gandhi … Rabin

Whuddya think?

Sarah Connor.

Bobby Kennedy.

Sarah Connor’s was prevented.

Sarah Connor's was prevented.

You’re welcome.

I would have to go with RFK…If RFK lives…and goes on to become prez…then you dont have the Nixon presidency. People dont become jaded (or as jaded) with government (or the murder of RFK). No Nixon…and you probably dont have Carter…No Carter…and you probably dont have Reagan. The ramifications on the political landscape could have been HUGE.

I think RFK had the most potential of all those listed.

Although it would have been interesting to see how Lincoln would have handled reconstruction…or what JFK does with Nam.

JFK.
If JFK hadn’t been shot, there wouldn’t have been a cover-up to protect, thus the people that killed JFK wouldn’t have had a reason to kill RFK, thus preventing 2 in 1.

Anwar Sadat

It would have to be Lincoln for me. Such a great leader and someone that I look up to in polictics after reading and learning about him.

[QUOTE=casstommy;247883]I would have to go with RFK…If RFK lives…and goes on to become prez…then you dont have the Nixon presidency. People dont become jaded (or as jaded) with government (or the murder of RFK). No Nixon…and you probably dont have Carter…No Carter…and you probably dont have Reagan. The ramifications on the political landscape could have been HUGE.

I think RFK had the most potential of all those listed.

Although it would have been interesting to see how Lincoln would have handled reconstruction…or what JFK does with Nam.[/QUOTE]

But, Nixon was a good president. Not such a great person, but there has been a president as good as him since.

Stanley Kubrick. He was murdered because Fox wanted to cover up some of the nudity in Eyes Wide Shut, and Stanley would never allow that blatant disrespect for his art. They conveniently made his death look like “natural causes”.

Captain America

The Archduke of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. His assanation started WW1, which had a 20 year break before it became WW2. Multi-Millions were killed in both wars.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;247897]But, Nixon was a good president. Not such a great person, but there has been a president as good as him since.[/QUOTE]

I agree…I think Nixon was an ok president…but he left America so jaded and apathetic…I think he did more harm then good. I think the country would have been better without him.

Franz Ferdinand’s death might have been the straw that broke the camels back for WWI…but Europe was a powderkeg at the time…WW1 would have happened at some point anyway.

[QUOTE=casstommy;247883]…and you probably dont have Reagan.[/QUOTE]

Are you implying that this would have been a good thing??

[QUOTE=somosdel;247907]Are you implying that this would have been a good thing??[/QUOTE]

yes

[QUOTE=casstommy;247914]yes[/QUOTE]

hmm…

Yeah, if we had no Reagan, then we wouldn’t have outspent the USSR into bankruptcy causing the fall of the Iron Curtain.
Every liberal knows that Communism was the perfect gov’t. & we shouldn’t have won.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;247919]Yeah, if we had no Reagan, then we wouldn’t have outspent the USSR into bankruptcy causing the fall of the Iron Curtain.
Every liberal knows that Communism was the perfect gov’t. & we shouldn’t have won.[/QUOTE]

haha now I see why many people don’t agree with you stonecoldken. Reagan is one of my favorite presidents but I respect your debate (although I see no truth in it).

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;247919]Yeah, if we had no Reagan, then we wouldn’t have outspent the USSR into bankruptcy causing the fall of the Iron Curtain.
Every liberal knows that Communism was the perfect gov’t. & we shouldn’t have won.[/QUOTE]

LOL…If you want to think that Reagan won the cold war on his back alone…I’m not gonna argue with you. He did contribute to the fall of the USSR…but not nearly as much as the fundamental internal problems communist Russia had. Truman…Carter…Gorbachev…they all had their hand in it as well.