If you want Football at Charlotte READ THIS!!!

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;168281]Itā€™s time to honor Bonnie Cone and clear her good name.[/QUOTE]
Can the original season ticket holders be called the Coneheads?

[QUOTE=HP49er;168285]Can the original season ticket holders be called the Coneheads?[/QUOTE]

I think that would be fitting.

After less than 24 hours, hereā€™s where we stand:

24 people signed up

$15,050 in initial donations

$7950 in yearly donations

59 Season tickets sold

So basically this all starts with us and here is my proposal: I am going to start a list of Football supporters and contributors. I will compile this list until I have 1000 names and then I will submit it to the administration. This is what I need from all of you:

1. PM or email me your Name and contact info, year of graduation, How much money would you contribute to the initial start up, How much would you give yearly and would you buy season tickets.

2. I need each of you to reach beyond this message board and give me a list of at list 5 people you graduated or attend school with the info I asked for in #1.

We have about 200 active posters here who are hard core 49er fans, if all of us reach out and get 5 people to comit to this we have our 1000 people.

Pledge as much as you can realistically expect to contribute. For example I am Pledging $500 for start up and $250 a year and I would buy season tickets.

This will allow us and the administration to see how serious we are about football. If no one signs up then we know this will probably never happen in our lifetime, but if we really want this as much as we say this will go a long way to proving it and actually doing something to make it happen.

Time for all of us to put our money where our mouth is. I think the website is a great idea and this can go hand in hand with it (weekly update of pledges and so forth) but I really think this is the only way to find out how serious we are.

I look forward to you response and I can be emailed at jimmyhat32@yahoo.com

This would ruin the UNC Charlotte 49ers tee shirts stating ā€œUNCC Football, unbeaten and never been scored upon.ā€ But as much as I love that shirt, Iā€™d love the school to have a team even more. This would be huge for UNCC. Even though I graduated in 91, would I still have 4 years of eligibility? Iā€™m fat, slow and short, but I can still toss the old pig skin. Great job getting this going Jimmy. Iā€™m shooting you my pledge right now.

How much do you guys estimate season tickets would cost if we started football? I guess App. St.ā€™s or ECUā€™s prices would be comparable.

ā€¦

Wish I had a blank white helmet, so I could slap the ā€œCā€ logo on it and take a photo :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Hollywood;168366]Wish I had a blank white helmet, so I could slap the ā€œCā€ logo on it and take a photo :-)[/QUOTE]

would we want a ā€œcā€, ā€œ49ersā€, or the new emblem on the helmet?

[QUOTE=JaMiNNiNeR;168362]How much do you guys estimate season tickets would cost if we started football? I guess App. St.ā€™s or ECUā€™s prices would be comparable.[/QUOTE]

Hereā€™s APP St. Ticket packages

Season Ticket Priority Deadline - May 15, 2006:
Season Tickets
Type: Regular Season Ticket
Price: $120

Type: Faculty/Staff Reserved Seating (Limit 2 per Family)
Price: $96

Type: Senior Citizens (60+)
Price: $96

Type: Youth Ticket (Ages 3-12)
Price: $80

Type: Gold Seats and East V.I.P.
Price: $240
Available to Yosef Club members at the $1,500 level or higher. These seats are all chairbacks located directly infront of the press box and underneath the roof in section 10 of the East Section.

Half Season Tickets
Gold Package (JMU, Elon, The Citadel)
Price: $60

Black Package (Mars Hill, Wofford, Furman)
Price: $60
(Half season tickets will be seated after all season ticket orders)

Hereā€™s ECUā€™s Season Ticket plan:

1. Regular ($200)
  2. Faculty/Staff ($160)
  3. Economy Plan ($100)
  4. Graduate Plan ($100)

[QUOTE=LakeNorman49er;168370]would we want a ā€œcā€, ā€œ49ersā€, or the new emblem on the helmet?[/QUOTE]

Definitely not the whole long logo. Iā€™d vote for just the C pick, I believe. I like the simple look. Then we could put the italics ā€œ49ersā€ on the front of the jersey and wherever else.

[QUOTE=LakeNorman49er;168370]would we want a ā€œcā€, ā€œ49ersā€, or the new emblem on the helmet?[/QUOTE]

I vote the ā€œC/pickaxeā€ logo, as seen here:

Green face mask, of course :wink:

Update. After one full day of this, here we are:

33 people signed up

$20,900 in initial donations

$11,000 in yearly donations

82 Season tickets sold

Great start!!

Again the key to this will be reaching out beyond this message board. Send every Niner you know a email and get them to pledge.

And for all our current students and recent graduates, we wonā€™t be collecting this money for 3 to 5 years, which coincidentally is about how long it takes Charlotte grads to reach six figuresā€¦

I do like that people are taking this very seriously and pledging only the amount they really would be willing to pony up.

[QUOTE=Hollywood;168373]I vote the ā€œC/pickaxeā€ logo, as seen here:

Green face mask, of course ;-)[/QUOTE]

that helmet looks pretty damn good. i like it.

Count me in for 5K initial and 2k a year along with 4 season tickets.

Let me know when and where to send my check.

But we must understand that if football is not in the mix in the next year or so, we will need to make a adjustment at the AD level. I think we need to start sending a message to ole JR. She doesnā€™t know anything about football so for her job security, she will never work hard for it. Get her out.

[QUOTE=ninerqb;168382]Count me in for 5K initial and 2k a year along with 4 season tickets.

Let me know when and where to send my check.

But we must understand that if football is not in the mix in the next year or so, we will need to make a adjustment at the AD level. I think we need to start sending a message to ole JR. She doesnā€™t know anything about football so for her job security, she will never work hard for it. Get her out.[/QUOTE]

QB, send your info to Jimmyhat via PM or emailā€¦see below.

Per Jimmyhat49er:

[QUOTE]So basically this all starts with us and here is my proposal: I am going to start a list of Football supporters and contributors. I will compile this list until I have 1000 names and then I will submit it to the administration. This is what I need from all of you:

1. PM or email me your Name and contact info, year of graduation, How much money would you contribute to the initial start up, How much would you give yearly and would you buy season tickets.

2. I need each of you to reach beyond this message board and give me a list of at list 5 people you graduated or attend school with the info I asked for in #1.

We have about 200 active posters here who are hard core 49er fans, if all of us reach out and get 5 people to comit to this we have our 1000 people.

Pledge as much as you can realistically expect to contribute. For example I am Pledging $500 for start up and $250 a year and I would buy season tickets.

This will allow us and the administration to see how serious we are about football. If no one signs up then we know this will probably never happen in our lifetime, but if we really want this as much as we say this will go a long way to proving it and actually doing something to make it happen.

Time for all of us to put our money where our mouth is. I think the website is a great idea and this can go hand in hand with it (weekly update of pledges and so forth) but I really think this is the only way to find out how serious we are.

I look forward to you response and I can be emailed at jimmyhat32@yahoo.com
[/QUOTE]

Actually, put me down for another season ticket. I ainā€™t sitting there by myself. :wink:

*figured this was better than sending a whole 'nother email/PM

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;168378]Update. After one full day of this, here we are:

33 people signed up

$20,900 in initial donations

$11,000 in yearly donations

82 Season tickets sold

Great start!![/QUOTE]

Over $20,000 in 24 hours just from this message board alone! Now, if Mike P. wanted to do a story outlining the 49er football drive, who knows what could happen???

Mike, what do you say?

[QUOTE=UpState49er;168386]Over $20,000 in 24 hours just from this message board alone! Now, if Mike P. wanted to do a story outlining the 49er football drive, who knows what could happen???

Mike, what do you say?[/QUOTE]

I support this (after the website is up :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=UpState49er;168386] Now, if Mike P. wanted to do a story outlining the 49er football drive, who knows what could happen???

Mike, what do you say?[/QUOTE]

canā€™t wait to hear the response to this one.

:biggrin:

Not a lot of activity todayā€¦Must be the weekend. If you have already pledged, thanks a lot, if you havenā€™t what are you waiting for??? And we need everyone to contact your fellow niners not on this board and get them to contribute.