If you want Football at Charlotte READ THIS!!!

Where is the link to the pledge list?

[QUOTE=JaMiNNiNeR;168496]Where is the link to the pledge list?[/QUOTE]

Hereā€™s Jimmyhatā€™s proposal for gathering info:

[QUOTE]So basically this all starts with us and here is my proposal: I am going to start a list of Football supporters and contributors. I will compile this list until I have 1000 names and then I will submit it to the administration. This is what I need from all of you:

1. PM or email me your Name and contact info, year of graduation, How much money would you contribute to the initial start up, How much would you give yearly and would you buy season tickets.

2. I need each of you to reach beyond this message board and give me a list of at list 5 people you graduated or attend school with the info I asked for in #1.

We have about 200 active posters here who are hard core 49er fans, if all of us reach out and get 5 people to comit to this we have our 1000 people.

Pledge as much as you can realistically expect to contribute. For example I am Pledging $500 for start up and $250 a year and I would buy season tickets.

This will allow us and the administration to see how serious we are about football. If no one signs up then we know this will probably never happen in our lifetime, but if we really want this as much as we say this will go a long way to proving it and actually doing something to make it happen.

Time for all of us to put our money where our mouth is. I think the website is a great idea and this can go hand in hand with it (weekly update of pledges and so forth) but I really think this is the only way to find out how serious we are.

I look forward to you response and I can be emailed at jimmyhat32@yahoo.com[/QUOTE]

Well, to say it was a slow weekend is a understatementā€¦ Here were we are:

35 people signed up

$21,900 in initial donations

$11,500 in yearly donations

88 Season tickets sold

Remember people if you want footall simply click here: www.jimmyhat32@yahoo.com or send me a PM and tell me 1. Who you are and how I can reach you? 2. How much you would contribute to the start up of football (Keeping in mind you will need to actually come up with this money in 3 to 5 years)? 3. How much would you contribure yearly(above and beyond, what you already give.)?
4. How many season tickets would you buy??

And please send a email out to ever niner you know to get them involved as well.
This will be a long process, or it might a short process. If we only have a 100 names after a month, then i guess weā€™ll all know that there really isnā€™t the interest in bringing football to Charlotte.

Jimmy, can we incorporate this into the website? I was thinking on the ā€œFinancial & Local Supportā€ sectionā€¦?

Jimmy, do you care if we give out your email address?

[QUOTE=C49er;168575]Jimmy, do you care if we give out your email address?[/QUOTE]

Nope, give it to everyoneā€¦Especially hot college chicksā€¦

[QUOTE=ninerqb;168382]Count me in for 5K initial and 2k a year along with 4 season tickets.

Let me know when and where to send my check.

But we must understand that if football is not in the mix in the next year or so, we will need to make a adjustment at the AD level. I think we need to start sending a message to ole JR. She doesnā€™t know anything about football so for her job security, she will never work hard for it. Get her out.[/QUOTE]

This is a awesome pledge, do me a favor and Pm or email me( jimmyhat32@yahoo.com ) your real name and contact info so I can put it on the list.
Thanks!!

As season tickets/donations are due soon, we should mail our checks directly to Judy, with a letter stating that we support football, and let her know how much we would increase our donations toward the new program.

Not a bad day today, some big money stepping up:

41 people signed up

$34,400 in initial donations

$20,100 in yearly donations

108 Season tickets sold

Remember people if you want footall simply click here: www.jimmyhat32@yahoo.com or send me a PM and tell me 1. Who you are and how I can reach you? 2. How much you would contribute to the start up of football (Keeping in mind you will need to actually come up with this money in 3 to 5 years)? 3. How much would you contribure yearly(above and beyond, what you already give.)?
4. How many season tickets would you buy??

And please send a email out to ever niner you know to get them involved as well.
This will be a long process, or it might a short process. If we only have a 100 names after a month, then i guess weā€™ll all know that there really isnā€™t the interest in bringing football to Charlotte.

How many basketball season ticket holders are there?

[QUOTE=C49er;168675]How many basketball season ticket holders are there?[/QUOTE]
I believe about 3 to 4 thousand. Iā€™ll find out for sure.

I found the article to the UNCC Football t-shirts:
[URL=http://www.nineronline.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/03/04/4047772c4e74a][U]Niner Online - Football Tā€™s[/U][/URL]

iā€™m wearin my football shirt right now

[QUOTE=beasley25;168689]iā€™m wearin my football shirt right now[/QUOTE]

I think I still have my green long sleeve Charlotte football T that I bought at Belk. It was nestled in nicely with the NCSU and UNC-CH shirts.

[QUOTE=C49er;168688]I found the article to the UNCC Football t-shirts:
[URL=http://www.nineronline.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/03/04/4047772c4e74a][U]Niner Online - Football Tā€™s[/U][/URL][/QUOTE]
Ok, lets steal their idea and make UNC Charlotte Football shirts (or better, Charlotte 49ers Football shirts) with the proceeds going to this fund.

Lets get a good design from somebody with graphic arts skills. You can get t-shirts made for around $4 a piece, sell them for $10. Reimburse those who fronted the money and youā€™ve still got a nice $5 or $6 per shirt towards the cause.

Thinking needlessly ahead, will be be able to get permission to sell these on campus? They were selling for a charity, can we get permission to sell for a non-existant football fund? Who do we talk to?

Iā€™ll try to get information on getting the shirts made, some quotes and stuff, tomorrow, anybody else who feels like it please feel free to start thinking of a design (one color designs, they are cheaper). If we are serious about it we can begin to discuss selling them on campus in front of the Bookstore or Belk Tower.

[QUOTE=CMack124;168691]Ok, lets steal their idea and make UNC Charlotte Football shirts (or better, Charlotte 49ers Football shirts) with the proceeds going to this fund.

Lets get a good design from somebody with graphic arts skills. You can get t-shirts made for around $4 a piece, sell them for $10. Reimburse those who fronted the money and youā€™ve still got a nice $5 or $6 per shirt towards the cause.

Thinking needlessly ahead, will be be able to get permission to sell these on campus? They were selling for a charity, can we get permission to sell for a non-existant football fund? Who do we talk to?

Iā€™ll try to get information on getting the shirts made, some quotes and stuff, tomorrow, anybody else who feels like it please feel free to start thinking of a design (one color designs, they are cheaper). If we are serious about it we can begin to discuss selling them on campus in front of the Bookstore or Belk Tower.[/QUOTE]

See what you can find out. Iā€™m all for it. Check on the permissions for selling on campus if you can - that will be our obstacle. I say we go for green shirts with white writingā€¦or whatever is cheap and works well (and still looks good). I wonā€™t be able to help sell them, but I can front some $$.

If anyone on here has some artistic ability, letā€™s use it. My brother-in-law in a graphic designer. He may be able to offer something if we need it.

[QUOTE=C49er;168692]See what you can find out. Iā€™m all for it. Check on the permissions for selling on campus if you can - that will be our obstacle. I say we go for green shirts with white writingā€¦or whatever is cheap and works well (and still looks good). I wonā€™t be able to help sell them, but I can front some $$.

If anyone on here has some artistic ability, letā€™s use it. My brother-in-law in a graphic designer. He may be able to offer something if we need it.[/QUOTE]
The school was against the Niner Nation shirts being sold on campus, but those were for straight profit (well, getting their money back first, then profit. And the greater cause of uniting students of course). Not sure if they will allow us to sell under the flag of a football fund. That frat had a legit cause (not that ours wouldnā€™t be legit, but as of now it is a non-existing fund with exactly $0.00 real dollars in it).

We will have to be careful. The design might not be allowed to have 49ers written on it, and almost certainlly will not be able to have the athletic logo. Please keep that in mind if you are taking a stab at designing something for this.

Anybody with any clue where to start talking to somebody about restrictions on this, please let me know.

[QUOTE=CMack124;168694]The school was against the Niner Nation shirts being sold on campus, but those were for straight profit (well, getting their money back first, then profit. And the greater cause of uniting students of course). Not sure if they will allow us to sell under the flag of a football fund. That frat had a legit cause (not that ours wouldnā€™t be legit, but as of now it is a non-existing fund with exactly $0.00 real dollars in it).

We will have to be careful. The design might not be allowed to have 49ers written on it, and almost certainlly will not be able to have the athletic logo. Please keep that in mind if you are taking a stab at designing something for this.

Anybody with any clue where to start talking to somebody about restrictions on this, please let me know.[/QUOTE]

I think the big obstacle for getting this approved for selling on campus is the fact that the bookstore (Barnes and Nobles) most likely doesnā€™t allow competition.

[QUOTE=C49er;168695]I think the big obstacle for getting this approved for selling on campus is the fact that the bookstore (Barnes and Nobles) most likely doesnā€™t allow competition.[/QUOTE]
Iā€™m hoping that it, being a fundraiser, will slide past that obstacle. If not it can still be done, but in a much smaller scale than if we could get 100 shirts and sit outside of the Bookstore.

It may be something that has to wait until after the website is up and the pledge drive is a little further along in order to get a little more push behind it.

But any ideas as to who to talk to? Dan Devos would be my starting point, but I donā€™t think he has anything to do with the copyright issues that may be involved.

[QUOTE=CMack124;168698]Iā€™m hoping that it, being a fundraiser, will slide past that obstacle. If not it can still be done, but in a much smaller scale than if we could get 100 shirts and sit outside of the Bookstore.

It may be something that has to wait until after the website is up and the pledge drive is a little further along in order to get a little more push behind it.

But any ideas as to who to talk to? Dan Devos would be my starting point, but I donā€™t think he has anything to do with the copyright issues that may be involved.[/QUOTE]

As far as who to talk to about sellingā€¦I donā€™t have a clue right now. Dan might be able to help there.

As far as the copyright issue, I think that goes a lot higher than Dan.

I just emailed my brother-in-law to see if he has any good ideas for a shirt (he should, thatā€™s his job)ā€¦but weā€™ll see.