Ilija Ivankovic - Center - JUCO - Signed LOI

Ivankovic is a 6’10 Center from Sante Fe College that will have 2 years left with Charlotte. Played his HS ball at United Faith Christian Academy in Charlotte.

I’m sure we’ll learn some more about him shortly.

just heard he may not have signed his LOI yet, if he hasn’t, plans on being done very soon.

Averaged 10 pts and 10 rebounds as a senior at United Faith. Apparently he can run the floor and pass well, and has a jumper out to 15 feet or so.

A lot of that sounds like Skodyhype. But, hopefully he can board. We need rebounds.

http://www.flccaa.org/stepping-stones.HTML

Ive toned down my hype in recent years. Just reporting what I’ve read.

Mike Thorne 6’10
Ilija Ivankovic 6’10
Chris Braswell 6’9

When was the last time we had this much height?

Sweet. Just glad we got a center with just a touch of experience. Hopefully, he can produce given some minutes. I was having nightmares of Bras at center for 40 mins a game.

Ive toned down my hype in recent years. Just reporting what I’ve read.

Mike Thorne 6’10
Ilija Ivankovic 6’10
Chris Braswell 6’9

When was the last time we had this much height?[/quote]

Yeah, that is a decent sized front line. I’m guessing Ivankovic gets the nod at C to start the season? We’re also going to have two 6’7" wing forwards.

Ivankovic will have just 2 yrs left. Leaves us with Braz, KJ & Ivankovic heading out at the same time. Look for us to shoot for at least 1 big next year.

this probably concludes our chances of landing Uchebo

Universal, that was my immediate reaction too. Prob don’t stand a chance there now.

Agree. Thinking Uchebo won’t be headed here. Only way I see it still happening is if we know he’s a partial and will give us no minutes this season. I can see us getting this kid as a filler in that situation. But odds are we’ve lost out on Uchebo.

This guy averaged like 3 points per game in JUCO. He only made 32 FG all season (29 games) and shot 57% from the FT line. :-\

I hope we’re not out of the running for Uchebo just yet.

[quote=“Niner National, post:13, topic:25400”]This guy averaged like 3 points per game in JUCO. He only made 32 FG all season (29 games) and shot 57% from the FT line. :-\

I hope we’re not out of the running for Uchebo just yet.[/quote]

About how many minutes per game did he play?

[quote=“Niner National, post:13, topic:25400”]This guy averaged like 3 points per game in JUCO. He only made 32 FG all season (29 games) and shot 57% from the FT line. :-\

Oof. How many boards a game?

Yeah, he looks like he would be a 6’10’’ body that will give us some fouls. We do need depth in that regard. Could also strengthen our ties to United Faith, which never hurts. Only ties up a schollie for 2 years.

Not sure this is definitive news on Uchebo yet. Could just be insurance.

Those may have been freshman year statistics because this page shows a little different numbers: http://www.njcaa.org/colleges_college_player.cfm?sid=4&collegeid=1371&category=Roster&slid=2&teamid=108397&athleteid=308152

They’re still fairly low though.

Yeah, this is the least exciting signing of our new class. I hope he can help though. We definitely need the support in the paint.

This!!! I’m actually very excited about this signing. Not because I expect big numbers from him but because we so desperately needed more post players off the bench. Now maybe Braz and KJ can get a breather and the team not be super-small. I didnt want to have to count on Thorne for that.

This!!! I’m actually very excited about this signing. Not because I expect big numbers from him but because we so desperately needed more post players off the bench. Now maybe Braz and KJ can get a breather and the team not be super-small. I didnt want to have to count on Thorne for that.[/quote]

I agree that it helps us with a big body. You can’t teach size, etc. But, I am nervous that he is just 5 fouls.