I'll be the one to say it. Good job Judy

[quote=“punchdrunk, post:37, topic:31271”][quote=“amnesiac, post:36, topic:31271”]in other 49er Coaching news, former coach that is.

Did you see where Jeremy Gunn won his 3rd NCAA championship in a row!!! last week @ Stanford…

Who does that?? is he the best coach in the ncaa’s 1) Gunn 2) Saban ??? :D[/quote]half the ncaa doesnt play soccer, its why usc is in cusa. moves needle 0.0 on macro scale[/quote] Two hundred five schools play D1 soccer. Way more than play FBS football.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:41, topic:31271”][quote=“punchdrunk, post:37, topic:31271”][quote=“amnesiac, post:36, topic:31271”]in other 49er Coaching news, former coach that is.

Did you see where Jeremy Gunn won his 3rd NCAA championship in a row!!! last week @ Stanford…

Who does that?? is he the best coach in the ncaa’s 1) Gunn 2) Saban ??? :D[/quote]half the ncaa doesnt play soccer, its why usc is in cusa. moves needle 0.0 on macro scale[/quote] Two hundred five schools play D1 soccer. Way more than play FCS football.[/quote]

WTF? Why did you bring FCS football into the discussion? We do NOT play FCS football.

Or were you trying to point out that close to 50 FCS football teams are rated ahead of us and our AD retained the coach anyway?

[quote=“49r9r, post:42, topic:31271”][quote=“4ever niner, post:41, topic:31271”][quote=“punchdrunk, post:37, topic:31271”][quote=“amnesiac, post:36, topic:31271”]in other 49er Coaching news, former coach that is.

Who does that?? is he the best coach in the ncaa’s 1) Gunn 2) Saban ??? :D[/quote]half the ncaa doesnt play soccer, its why usc is in cusa. moves needle 0.0 on macro scale[/quote] Two hundred five schools play D1 soccer. Way more than play FCS football.[/quote]

WTF? Why did you bring FCS football into the discussion? We do NOT play FCS football.

Or were you trying to point out that close to 50 FCS football teams are rated ahead of us and our AD retained the coach anyway?[/quote] LOL. This is why I’d like to go back to D1 and 1A. Meant FBS. Thanks for noticing.

Gunn coaches D1 soccer and Saban FBS football, to clarify the comparison. Way over half the NCAA plays soccer.
I’m impressed with Stanford’s three peat.

[quote=“ninerrbl, post:32, topic:31271”]Don’t tell me he was left nothing. Price inherited a very good roster when he was name the head coach. The fact that no one wanted to stay and play for him says a lot about Price. You tell me he couldn’t convince the kids that he could build on the little success that they had the year before.

And he couldn’t keep a top notch recruit. Look at NC State they hired a new coach and none of their players ran out of town. The same happens at other programs that hire new coaches. One or two may leave but not a whole roster.[/quote]
Not sure NC State is the best example, which had a revolving door during Mark Gottfried’s tenure with over a dozen players he recruited departing early by either transferring out or declaring for the NBA.

Discounting Dennis Smith, who was a one and done for the Pack - as well as Terry Henderson, who was denied a 6th year by the NCAA - new coach Kevin Keatts also lost Ted Kapita and Maverick Rowan after he took over. Add in Omer Yertseven’s “testing the NBA waters” and it wasn’t exactly clear cut who was going to still be in Raleigh in 2017-18.

The fact that Keatts cobbled together a six player 2017 recruiting class is proof that the Pack was in need of bodies. And the irony that five of the six are transfers isn’t lost on me. Nor the fact that freshman Lavar Batts had originally signed with VCU and asked for and received his release following a coaching change there.

Plus Keatt’s first 2018 recruit Jamie Lewis decommitted and ended up signing with Wake. Not that the Pack’s 2018 recruiting class turned out too shabby in the end!

And lest I forget, there was the indefinite suspension of State starting PG Markell Johnson, announced just before yesterday’s game vs UNCG. Would think the Pack would have won if he’d been available, though also interesting that Keatts didn’t play Batts at all against the Spartans. Hmm…