I'm tired of the officiating and the "agenda"

Get me out of this conference PLEASE!!! These officials SUCK!! 33 FT’s to 11??? Buddy at the game said it was blatantly obvious and that they were letting St Joes play extremely aggressive in the second half, particularly on the boards. While calling ticky-tack fouls on the Niners, especially Mack. I’m so sick of this Sh*t!! We’ve been taken out of too many games this year by the officials…Not sure how Bobby keeps his cool these days???

F- this sh*t

[QUOTE=EJNiner;391072]Get me out of this conference PLEASE!!! These officials SUCK!! 33 FT’s to 11??? Buddy at the game said it was blatantly obvious and that they were letting St Joes play extremely aggressive in the second half, particularly on the boards. While calling ticky-tack fouls on the Niners, especially Mack. I’m so sick of this Sh*t!! We’ve been taken out of too many games this year by the officials…Not sure how Bobby keeps his cool these days???

F- this sh*t[/QUOTE]

fyi, officials are not employed by a league. they are regional and assigned to different conferences regularly.

the real solution is having them work 4-5 days a week instead of 6-7. i feel like if the refs were fresher, they’d be better.

[QUOTE=jfickett;391077]fyi, officials are not employed by a league. they are regional and assigned to different conferences regularly.

the real solution is having them work 4-5 days a week instead of 6-7. i feel like if the refs were fresher, they’d be better.[/QUOTE]

Yup…Refs are not employed by the leagues.

I am unemployed, so I will apply to be a ref, maybe I can relieve them a bit.

Officiating is horrible but there is no changing that. I agree with Jfickett

The LP manager at the store I work at is a college ref. As far as I know, he hasnt reffed one of our games, thank god.

He covers the ACC, SEC, Big East, SoCon, MEAC, and Big South

As said already, in college basketball, referees are regional (like the Observer :biggrin:). The difference is what the leagues put up with. Last year the ACC suspended a ref and during his suspension he was officiating games elsewhere. In fact, I believe he even did a Clt game during that period. Anyways, this complaint falls on the shoulders of the A10 office.

The officials weren’t great, but then again, it isn’t like it cost us the game. We couldn’t rebound or defend in the 2nd half.

[QUOTE=EJNiner;391072]Get me out of this conference PLEASE!!! These officials SUCK!! 33 FT’s to 11??? Buddy at the game said it was blatantly obvious and that they were letting St Joes play extremely aggressive in the second half, particularly on the boards. While calling ticky-tack fouls on the Niners, especially Mack. I’m so sick of this Sh*t!! We’ve been taken out of too many games this year by the officials…Not sure how Bobby keeps his cool these days???

F- this sh*t[/QUOTE]

Dude the refs had NOTHING to do with our loss. Its called bad coaching and not knowing how to hold a lead. There is no excuse for blowing a 12 point lead and losing by 10. PATHETIC

We can’t play physical. Good thing we didn’t get invited to the Big East.

Nivins got a lot of calls for sure, but I’d love to hear another team whining about how physical we are for a change.

Nivins got a lot of calls for sure, but I'd love to hear another team whining about how physical we are for a change.

I could not agree more! How often did we drive to the whole and post up with authority? Not very often, and that is a problem.

What made Eddie Basden good? He drove and made shots. He was physical! We just aren’t, enough said.

[QUOTE=Mike Niner Hunt;391101]We can’t play physical. Good thing we didn’t get invited to the Big East.[/QUOTE]

I’d be willing to bet we’d be able to recruit one or two “physical players” IF we were in the Big East.

I could not agree more! How often did we drive to the whole and post up with authority? Not very often, and that is a problem.

What made Eddie Basden good? He drove and made shots. He was physical! We just aren’t, enough said.

I don’t think [B]THIS /B will be quite as big an issue for us next season…paging Mr. Spears, party of one!

I don't think [B]THIS [/B](atleast) will be quite as big an issue for us next season.....paging Mr. Spears, party of one!

I’m hoping, but not going to say he is our savior.

I remember sitting behind Jarvis Lang at one of the December games (when they give you the option to sit in the lower level) and I did not realize how frickin’ huge he is!! If we had players in the post his size I couldn’t see us ever being manhandled!

agreed, we have two strong big guys coming in, whom both should be good and able to score immediately, but I think we also need to add another physical JC player, whom can come in and rebound and defend for about 20 mins a game, that would really help our two new guys.

Good thing scholarships are renewable on an annual basis.

That is the difference between a team that takes it to the hole down low versus a team who jacks up 3’s. It’s hard to foul someone when they are shooting a 3…

[QUOTE=UNCCShannon;391118]I’m hoping, but not going to say he is our savior.

I remember sitting behind Jarvis Lang at one of the December games (when they give you the option to sit in the lower level) and I did not realize how frickin’ huge he is!! If we had players in the post his size I couldn’t see us ever being manhandled![/QUOTE]

Jarvis was big in college, but not as muscular massive as he is now. He was a chisled, lean, mean dunking machine then. He could be a professional wrestler now. That’s not a slam on him, he’s just that freakin’ massive now. Of course, if he’s still lifting like he once was without all of the running, you gain that kind of mass.

[QUOTE=UNCCShannon;391118]I’m hoping, but not going to say he is our savior.

I remember sitting behind Jarvis Lang at one of the December games (when they give you the option to sit in the lower level) and I did not realize how frickin’ huge he is!! If we had players in the post his size I couldn’t see us ever being manhandled![/QUOTE]

Jarvis has put on a good 40 pounds much of it muscle since his playing days. He is huge now. Looks like a defensive end.

I don't think THIS(atleast) will be quite as big an issue for us next season.....[B]paging Mr. Spears, party of one![/B]

more like…paging Mr. Spears, party of five!

[QUOTE=j2thak49er;391239]more like…paging Mr. Spears, party of five![/QUOTE]i can’t wait to see spears in a niner uniform. but i’m holding off on too much optimism until he’s played a few games. we should be better next year. the question is how much better.