I'm tired of the officiating and the "agenda"

You can have success shooting 3's, Pitino certainly loves that shot, and made a living off of it. But you must have several very efficient shooters and/or great rebounding to pull it off.

Oh, and nice threadjack :tongue:

Haha, it was a reasonable tangent.

Louisville averages 22 3 point attempts a game, which is reasonable if you play defense and get easy baskets.

I don’t know if it is the new 3 point line or what, but not 1 power house program is in the top 50 for 3 point attempts. The only top 25 team in the top 50 for attempts is Butler.

Pitino really relied on the 3 when he was at Providence & Kentucky, until he won an NC or two and could recruit anyone he wanted. Remember the way kentucky games were described? They’d launch it darn near everytime down the court.

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;391427]Haha, it was a reasonable tangent.

Louisville averages 22 3 point attempts a game, which is reasonable if you play defense and get easy baskets.

I don’t know if it is the new 3 point line or what, but not 1 power house program is in the top 50 for 3 point attempts. The only top 25 team in the top 50 for attempts is Butler.[/QUOTE]

I see no problem shooting 15-20 3’s per game if they are open looks and you have the personnel to shoot them. Again if you shoot 35% or better you come out way ahead of the equation. Your rebounding argument is actually a little weak since most long rebounds will end up in the hands of the offense, assuming the defense has proper rebounding position. Occasionally you’ll have a fast break the other way. If Bowden were healthy and played as advertised it might have been a different season. I thought our looks from 3 this year were significantly better than years past, but we don’t have the talent. If Charlie could play defense hit a 5 foot jump shot and rebound as well as he dunks this conversation might not be happening either. Next year may be a different story.

Pitino’s disciple at Florida has fared well using the 3, also. Florida was in the Top 20 in 3-pt attempts the season of their first national title, and were in the Top 40 in 3-pt attempts their second season. The key is the efficiency, which they ranked 9th in both of those seasons. They are in the Top 50 in attempts this season, but the efficiency is not as high (53rd). The bigs they had to clean up the misses during those two Championship seasons helped, also.

If you have the shooters, by all means shoot, but when you don’t you have to adjust, which is something we didn’t do this season.

We needed to play more of a ground it out attack the basket offense with this team, we didn’t have the shooters or the players to run and gun.

If you have the shooters, by all means shoot, but when you don't you have to adjust, which is something we didn't do this season.

We needed to play more of a ground it out attack the basket offense with this team, we didn’t have the shooters or the players to run and gun.

We were just out classed. Lutz’s teams have always been a 3-pt shooting team first and since Bowden went out we didn’t have that threat. Mack and Ian pulled it off at times but Mack should be playing his position not Ian’s. With Ian not being able to stop and shoot like Plavich or Goldwire we had no chance of playing.

Now I agree adjustments should have been made but was this team really built to take those adjustments? Next year I could see us possibly making those adjustments but with who we had on the floor we just couldn’t pull it off.

I have not seen a game all year where in the second half three “big men” get more fouls called on them then 99.9% of games in college basketball.

The officials weren't great, but then again, it isn't like it cost us the game. We couldn't rebound or defend in the 2nd half.

If we tried to rebound or defend in the second half, the whistle would blow. Imagine if gaby, phil, and mack got fouled out a whole lot earlier? Not saying that we weren’t terrible at those things before anyway, but still, the desparity was blatently obvious.

In the end, it’s simple economics. A10 needed to keep butts in the arena in a ****y economy, and keep interest in order to get more gate reciepts from the phily area.

fyi, officials are not employed by a league. they are regional and assigned to different conferences regularly.

They still are employed by the NCAA, right? They can control who goes into the tournament and those that can’t. I will tell you guys now, if Davidson gets into the tourney, then “there’s your sign!”

I am shocked that a team that shoots a lot of outside jumpers, has no solid post player and can’t rebound the basketball, doesn’t shoot as many free throws as the opponent.