Imagine the term "support"

It’s been a tough season for the Seahawks but the troops are supporting their coach.

[URL=http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20090305/ARTICLES/903052985/1045/SPORTS0701?Title=Benny-Moss-not-on-hot-seat-of-AD-backers][B][U]Benny Moss not on hot seat of AD, backers[/U][/B][/URL], Wilmington Star-News

Do the Seahawks have a board like us? I wonder if they have been hanging their coach before he is even convicted like what happens on here on occasion.

I hope their support pays off b/c he deserves it, class act.

Well, if Bobby is still here in 3 more years, Benny may be back as an assistant.

“on occasion” :lmao::lmao::lmao:

[QUOTE]He likes that Moss has been involved in the community, someone who will “get out and try and raise money to help UNCW.”[/QUOTE]

Involved in the community, get out and try to raise money? Sound like good qualities for a coach. If Lutz does this, its a pretty well kept secret.

Talked to him on the way to Charlotte yesterday afternoon. Had a Seahawk Club breakfast this morning and will attend a fund-raising event for the University in town at lunch. Yes, he’s being out in the public.

[QUOTE=Jim Utter;389927]“on occasion” :lmao::lmao::lmao:[/QUOTE]

Sort of like the Regional Observer covering its hometown college

[QUOTE=UNCCShannon;389920]Do the Seahawks have a board like us? I wonder if they have been hanging their coach before he is even convicted like what happens on here on occasion.

I hope their support pays off b/c he deserves it, class act.[/QUOTE]

I was 100% for a Lutz ext but if you make the $ he’s made you must perform. Period. That means ncaa every 3 yrs and top 75 rpi consistently- which we’ve yet done in A10 play

I think niner fans have been rather forgiving this year

I was 100% for a Lutz ext but if you make the $ he's made you must perform. Period. [B]That means ncaa every 3 yrs and top 75 rpi consistently- which we've yet done in A10 play[/B]

I think niner fans have been rather forgiving this year

We went 7 times in 9 years across two coaches. Going from 78% to 33% is a pretty tough pill to swallow. Yeah that beats 0% but we’re lowering the bar too much. :unhappy:

[QUOTE=NLP;390631]We went 7 times in 9 years across two coaches. Going from 78% to 33% is a pretty tough pill to swallow. Yeah that beats 0% but we’re lowering the bar too much. :unhappy:[/QUOTE]

I agree, I was being gracious to prove the bar for Lutz is not huge for those like Utter who think nnn is too “harsh”

Sadly I think that next year it’ll be something else…injuries,tough schedule…etc. He’ll say “look at how much we have improved”…from 1 of our worst year’s ever! I recall a number of posts when previous women’s coach left,“how will we replace her?”…Shazam…a head coach that was a strong ass’t came in and look where we are.Same thing could happen in mens,although i’m sure many on here will say that replacing a mens head coach is totally different than womens.I happen to disagree…I was not for Bobby’s extension,nor do I think he can get this program into the ncaa’s fairly consistently…Good guy…mediocre coach. Fire away lads!

I think UNCW will bounce back next year, as well as us. The difference is Benny has been there only a few years, whereas Bobby has been here a while, has seen better days, received a big contract extension off of a NIT appearance and then rewards us with one of the worst seasons since the 80s.

On a side note, I take back any praise I gave Chad Tomko back earlier in the season. He is an ok player, but since watching him play a few times I can see why we passed on him.

I think UNCW will bounce back next year, as well as us. The difference is Benny has been there only a few years, whereas Bobby has been here a while, has seen better days, received a big contract extension off of a NIT appearance and then rewards us with one of the worst seasons since the 80s.

On a side note, I take back any praise I gave Chad Tomko back earlier in the season. He is an ok player, but since watching him play a few times I can see why we passed on him.

Too funny. “Lutz is terrible, he’s been here long enough to know what to do”. Next sentence, “Coaching staff knows what they’re doing by passing on Tomko”.

Looks like UNCW has their own section in the Wilmington paper, complete with schedule, scores, standings, game articles, and a blog. Didn’t we used to have something like that in our local paper?

Involved in the community, get out and try to raise money? Sound like good qualities for a coach. If Lutz does this, its a pretty well kept secret.

Lutz has been at the fall fundraiser for at least the past 10 years while I’ve attended. I believe he’s also made the uptown kick off the season at the Wachovia and BoA atrium’s for as long as he’s been head coach.

[QUOTE=Normmm;390663]Lutz has been at the fall fundraiser for at least the past 10 years while I’ve attended. I believe he’s also made the uptown kick off the season at the Wachovia and BoA atrium’s for as long as he’s been head coach.[/QUOTE]

True…but one of the key points of Bobbys new deal was being more interactive in public appearances etc. It does not come natural to him IMHO.

I hate Calipari but he has mastered the fund raising angle- see Fed Ex

[QUOTE=metro;390664]
I hate Calipari but he has mastered the fund raising angle- see Fed Ex[/QUOTE]

He was even going to wear FedEx unis for a game this season until the right people caught wind of it.

True...but one of the key points of Bobbys new deal was being more interactive in public appearances etc. It does not come natural to him IMHO.

I hate Calipari but he has mastered the fund raising angle- see Fed Ex

I’ve posted this before, but it’s worth re-posting. What could we be if we had people who did this? And IMHO, this should NOT only fall on the shoulders of the head men’s bball coach.

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2007/1210/060.html

[QUOTE=spartyniner;390704]I’ve posted this before, but it’s worth re-posting. What could we be if we had people who did this? And IMHO, this should NOT only fall on the shoulders of the head men’s bball coach.

[URL]http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2007/1210/060.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

Yep- I linked that story last year. Its nuts

Too funny. "Lutz is terrible, he's been here long enough to know what to do". Next sentence, "Coaching staff knows what they're doing by passing on Tomko".

Unlike you I can admit when I am wrong…its difficult for you to do that with Bobby’s shlong down your throat.