Imagine the term "support"

Unlike you I can admit when I am wrong...its difficult for you to do that with Bobby's shlong down your throat.

That’s usually the first tactic used when you were wrong, name calling. Hope that doesn’t get you banned. Very classy though.

That's usually the first tactic used when you were wrong, name calling. Hope that doesn't get you banned. Very classy though.

Maybe it was inappropriate, but it isn’t name calling and there has been much worse on this board. Anyway I can admit my mistakes whereas you, no matter the situation, always defend the coach.

You call me out, I can do the same.

And besides does being right about Tomko cancel out being wrong about Curry or being wrong about Jerrell Lewis or Carlos Williams, etc. etc.?

:popcorn:

He said shlong

True...but one of the key points of Bobbys new deal was being more interactive in public appearances etc. It does not come natural to him IMHO.

I hate Calipari but he has mastered the fund raising angle- see Fed Ex

Agreed. I definitely do not think he likes it either. That’s always been my biggest concern, if he’s truly able to sell the program to recruits and fans.

:popcorn:

He said shlong

So saying giving oral sex to the coach isn’t offensive? OK.

So saying giving oral sex to the coach isn't offensive? OK.

Its more of an expression than you doing the actual act.

Maybe it was inappropriate, but it isn't name calling and there has been much worse on this board. Anyway I can admit my mistakes whereas you, no matter the situation, always defend the coach.

You call me out, I can do the same.

And besides does being right about Tomko cancel out being wrong about Curry or being wrong about Jerrell Lewis or Carlos Williams, etc. etc.?

I pointed out what I thought was irony in your post. I didn’t make any reference to your sexual orientation or preferences.

I think because we are on the opposite ends of the Lutz spectrum we only see each other always being on one side. But the fact is I have been critical of Lutz. Just did it in this thread by saying that I don’t think he always does a great job selling the program.

I pointed out what I thought was irony in your post. I didn't make any reference to your sexual orientation or preferences.

I think because we are on the opposite ends of the Lutz spectrum we only see each other always being on one side. But the fact is I have been critical of Lutz. Just did it in this thread by saying that I don’t think he always does a great job selling the program.

I am not anti-Lutz, but I am of the opinion that his time at Charlotte had come and gone and we needed to move on, basically we have seen his best and I have no confidence in him achieving that or any thing further in the A-10. I personally love watching his style a play, but I do question some of his coaching moves and strategies.

[QUOTE=Normmm;390749]So saying giving oral sex to the coach isn’t offensive? OK.[/QUOTE]

Lol I don’t think he was serious

And I was sort of thinking about Beavis and Butthead

[QUOTE=Normmm;390663]Lutz has been at the fall fundraiser for at least the past 10 years while I’ve attended. I believe he’s also made the uptown kick off the season at the Wachovia and BoA atrium’s for as long as he’s been head coach.[/QUOTE]

Fall Fundraiser? are you talking about the thing at the Childress Winery? Hope Not. That is an audience that knows him. No new exposure is achieved at that event.

Uptown Kickoff? Thats good. That’s one event for him. I’ve been to most of those as well.

I have seen him in past years (although he did not at the start of this season) speak to the University Chapter of the Charlotte Chamber. That’s nice. But there are 7-8 different chapters of the Chamber around the city. Why always go only to the one closest to home? It shouldn’t be an occasional thing. Get out and press the flesh all around town EVERY YEAR. Also, he should arrive early and network with the others in attendance.

My kids have outgrown rec sports programs. But this would be a great inroads for Coach Lutz. I’ve heard and seen where the school has given tickets or sold discounted tickets for various rec sports programs around Charlotte. By why not take it a step further…make sure at least one team each year has the Niners logo on their uniforms (boys and girls), plus have Coach Lutz and player(s) actually make an appearance in front of those kids during a practice.
Would be a valuable thing for Coach Aston, as well.

Actually put a mens or womens division I coach in front of some portion of the kids and it will be a stronger memory.

I know of, at least, 5-6 different rec programs around this city and each one has several hundred kids in them. I know he has a busy schedule, but have trouble believing he can’t do this once or twice a season.

Again, if Coach Lutz does this or something like it…WONDERFUL.

But I would be surprised that he or the school would keep it such a secret. If they are keeping it secret, then shame on them. Marketing is supposed to increase name recognition, not decrease it.

Of course, Coach Lutz could singlehandedly find a cure for cancer and AIDS while coaching his mens team to an undefeated season and the Observer might mention it on page 6 or 7.

[QUOTE=spartyniner;390704]I’ve posted this before, but it’s worth re-posting. What could we be if we had people who did this? And IMHO, this should NOT only fall on the shoulders of the head men’s bball coach.

[URL]http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2007/1210/060.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

I can’t stand Cal either, but it is amazing what a little leadership can do for you.

[QUOTE]“When you’re building a basketball program, you’re trying to create a love affair,” [/QUOTE]

Calipari is a GRADE A asshole, but Lutz would benefit from embracing this statement.

Maintaining a connection to students, alums, the 3-4 other people who buy season tickets is important…but making a connection to total strangers is invaluable.

[QUOTE]But his tireless marketing of the Memphis program to players, recruits, fans and corporate boosters is another part of the team’s revival.[/QUOTE]

Tireless? I don’t Lutz ever has to worry about his marketing efforts of the Charlotte program being called this.

first off, there are several differences here. first off, benny just took over the program a few years ago. lutz has been here and instead of getting better we are getting worse. second and most importantly, that is wilmington, this is charlotte. we may not be in college basketballs elite yet, but this is a much bigger stage and therefore, there is more pressure and higher expectations. lutz is given a lot more to work with here than moss is at wilmington. trust me, if benny doesnt turn it around soon, they wont be so supportive.

Its more of an expression than you doing the actual act.
Lol I don't think he was serious

And I was sort of thinking about Beavis and Butthead

Slippery slope. By using that logic you can pretty much say anything and justify it by saying it’s just an expression.

If it wasn’t offensive you wouldn’t have posted the pop corn bucket.

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;390763]Fall Fundraiser? are you talking about the thing at the Childress Winery? Hope Not. That is an audience that knows him. No new exposure is achieved at that event.

Uptown Kickoff? Thats good. That’s one event for him. I’ve been to most of those as well.

I have seen him in past years (although he did not at the start of this season) speak to the University Chapter of the Charlotte Chamber. That’s nice. But there are 7-8 different chapters of the Chamber around the city. Why always go only to the one closest to home? It shouldn’t be an occasional thing. Get out and press the flesh all around town EVERY YEAR. Also, he should arrive early and network with the others in attendance.

My kids have outgrown rec sports programs. But this would be a great inroads for Coach Lutz. I’ve heard and seen where the school has given tickets or sold discounted tickets for various rec sports programs around Charlotte. By why not take it a step further…make sure at least one team each year has the Niners logo on their uniforms (boys and girls), plus have Coach Lutz and player(s) actually make an appearance in front of those kids during a practice.
Would be a valuable thing for Coach Aston, as well.

Actually put a mens or womens division I coach in front of some portion of the kids and it will be a stronger memory.

I know of, at least, 5-6 different rec programs around this city and each one has several hundred kids in them. I know he has a busy schedule, but have trouble believing he can’t do this once or twice a season.

Again, if Coach Lutz does this or something like it…WONDERFUL.

But I would be surprised that he or the school would keep it such a secret. If they are keeping it secret, then shame on them. Marketing is supposed to increase name recognition, not decrease it.

Of course, Coach Lutz could singlehandedly find a cure for cancer and AIDS while coaching his mens team to an undefeated season and the Observer might mention it on page 6 or 7.[/QUOTE]

Was going to post something but this is right on. Same for the love affair quote from Calipari. We either need new blood or Lutz to have an awakening.

Fall Fundraiser? are you talking about the thing at the Childress Winery? Hope Not. That is an audience that knows him. No new exposure is achieved at that event.

I do think he should do more too. Just mentioned some of the events I know he attends because I thought you asked if he did any fund raising.

[QUOTE=Normmm;390795]Slippery slope. By using that logic you can pretty much say anything and justify it by saying it’s just an expression.

If it wasn’t offensive you wouldn’t have posted the pop corn bucket.[/QUOTE]

Dude, lighten up. It was a joke. Don’t get offended by a message board.

[QUOTE=metro;390637]I agree, I was being gracious to prove the bar for Lutz is not huge for those like Utter who think nnn is too “harsh”[/QUOTE]

Glad you cleared that up- scared me, thought you were going soft for a minute.

My goal and expectation is NCAA at least 2 of 4. Not every other- I’d rather go with a mostly Jr team and make noise the next year with a Sweet 16 or better run. I can stand rebuilding the next couple if that is truly what we are doing.

Dude, lighten up. It was a joke. Don't get offended by a message board.

If I was offended I would have called him a name back, I would have informed a moderator of the post, I would have asked him to be banned. I did none of that. Instead I said I hope it doesn’t get him banned.

But I’ll ask you the same thing I asked Metro. If it wasn’t offensive then why post the popcorn bucket?

For the record…it’s s-C-h-l-o-n-g…