Insert Foot in Mouth

http://boards.kusports.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=618172&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

Cornbread is an idiot.

LOL thanks for posting this! I didnt know they had changed your name hahahaha! Im very glad they did, this one makes a lot more sense.

How’s that double-secret probation going?

I’ll agree with this one…

Cornbread really says some stupid things. He often tries too hard to be a “shock jock” and drum up listeners/attention to himself. I think he says a lot of things he doesn’t believe just to be controversial.

Some modesty might better suit him in these post-NBA days.

[QUOTE=jayhawkwannabe;221497]http://boards.kusports.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=618172&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

Cornbread is an idiot.[/QUOTE]

Be careful about getting your news from “Primetime with the Packman”, as for Cornbread, well this is the same guy who said we should never get football and made fun of the effort, so his intelligence is questionable at best.

I wish he wouldn’t apologize. He needs to be real with it. Stick to what you say, son. Unless it was truely an honest mistake which he is sorry for, but I completely doubt that.

I heard Dan P. & Keith O. talking about this today on Dan’s show. They were somehow audibly shaking their heads and though they cracked a couple of jokes, they were mostly just bewildered cause they said the female ref is just as bad/good as the other refs to the point they’d almost forgotten about her.

I think Cedric does try the shock jock routine. Not what you’d typically want from your most recognizable hoops alum.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;221505]I think Cedric does try the shock jock routine. Not what you’d typically want from your most recognizable hoops alum.[/QUOTE]

Thats ok… we still have Clay Aiken.

Cornbread probably says the dumpest shit ever. My favorite comment all time from him:

“JJ Redick is an average college player”. I hated JJ, but give me a break. The guy seemed to drop 30 every night, as least against the Terps.

Thats ok... we still have Clay Aiken.

I wish I could see Clay play basketball. That has the possibility of stomach hurting laughs.

This is going to be a stupid question, but what exactly does a Jayhawk fan have against the Niners? Do we have some huge rivalry with Kansas that I’m unaware of? Why is he coming onto our board talking trash when we have nothing to do with his team, which is playing well enough on its own that you think he’d have better stuff to do? Sorry for my rookie question.

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;221551]This is going to be a stupid question, but what exactly does a Jayhawk fan have against the Niners? Do we have some huge rivalry with Kansas that I’m unaware of? Why is he coming onto our board talking trash when we have nothing to do with his team, which is playing well enough on its own that you think he’d have better stuff to do? Sorry for my rookie question.[/QUOTE]

There are two things I could think of:

• The little “unc” on top of our logo reminded the "wannabe’ the departure of “his” basketball coach a few years ago.

• Just because he was labeled “wannabe” or Wal-Mart “chickenhawk” is enough for him to hold the grude agaist us Niners.

Other than those reason above the only thing I could think of is " he follows goat boy here". You could entertain yourself by picking one or any of the combination.

I wasn’t offended by his post.

Story via Yahoo.

[URL=http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-celtics-maxwellapology&prov=ap&type=lgns]http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-celtics-maxwellapology&prov=ap&type=lgns[/URL]

Call me sexist if you want, but I’ve felt like saying the same thing before.

You have to be a big idiot to make a comment like that. That’s something you joke about to friends(maybe), not hundreds of strangers.

[URL=http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-celtics-maxwellapology&prov=ap&type=lgns][/URL] Call me sexist if you want, but I've felt like saying the same thing before.

FN right man. Be real. Thats awsome. F these people who try and keep you from saying what you want cause they are overly sensitive. Dont let the system hold you down!

[QUOTE=49or bust;221504]I wish he wouldn’t apologize. He needs to be real with it. Stick to what you say, son. Unless it was truely an honest mistake which he is sorry for, but I completely doubt that.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree… An apology would only make him into a liar. Its sounds pretty obvious that he truly feels this way… and if not it has been called to his attention so he should make the call. It shows the sickness of Business… The money men tell him to say he’s sorry and go on because they know thats the least way to hurt the bottom line. They really could care less how he really feels or who he really is as long as there making a buck. Forcing someone’s apology only perpetuates a superficial society.

[QUOTE] You have to be a big idiot to make a comment like that. That’s something you joke about to friends(maybe), not hundreds of strangers. [/QUOTE]

…So your suggesting not being your true self? How can you be a confident person if you know inside you feel a certain way but fear the ridicule of 100’s of thousands of people? There seems to be no sense of originality with that logic.

Myself… I think Cornbread is a sell out. I think he will say whatever he can to try to please someone and bring light to himself. When discussing sports, bb, school, etc I used to mention him playing for us and our final 4. Now I dont’ even mention it. Its time to move on and develop some new role models for our school.

I totally agree... An apology would only make him into a liar. Its sounds pretty obvious that he truly feels this way... and if not it has been called to his attention so he should make the call. It shows the sickness of Business... The money men tell him to say he's sorry and go on because they know thats the least way to hurt the bottom line. They really could care less how he really feels or who he really is as long as there making a buck. Forcing someone's apology only perpetuates a superficial society.

…So your suggesting not being your true self? How can you be a confident person if you know inside you feel a certain way but fear the ridicule of 100’s of thousands of people? There seems to be no sense of originality with that logic.

Myself… I think Cornbread is a sell out. I think he will say whatever he can to try to please someone and bring light to himself. When discussing sports, bb, school, etc I used to mention him playing for us and our final 4. Now I dont’ even mention it. Its time to move on and develop some new role models for our school.

No, sometimes you can’t be your true self, for instance when you are a famous person and hundreds, thousands of people look up to you. Take the Tim Hardaway comment. He made a comment about gays. Hey, I agree with the guy. But was he stupid to make that comment? Hell yes he was. You just don’t say things like that. It’s not acceptable in today’s world. Maybe you’re one of those old men who thinks it is ok to speak your mind, but times have changed. The media, and what we see on tv, hear on the radio, has become a big influential part of our lives and the youth in this world. For the guy to make a comment about women in that regard to hundreds of people is stupid. What did he think was going to happen? Everyone was going to laugh? Whether what he said was true or not, is not the issue. Take it from a job perspective. If you were working at your job, you couldn’t make fun of a woman in that regard. Why should he be able to at his job?

[QUOTE=TheNinerAlchemist;221551]This is going to be a stupid question, but what exactly does a Jayhawk fan have against the Niners? Do we have some huge rivalry with Kansas that I’m unaware of? Why is he coming onto our board talking trash when we have nothing to do with his team, which is playing well enough on its own that you think he’d have better stuff to do? Sorry for my rookie question.[/QUOTE]

He is a Huggy bear and KSU fan. The mods changed his user name. NEWBIE!!!

lol jk!

The hypocracy of our society is laughable. The standard is set from the time you are born that a woman is inferior to a man, then when someone comments on it publicly, they are ostracized. Ultimately people are free to believe whatever the hell they want, and i’m sure every guy in this country has said or at least thought something similar to what Cornbread said, weather they actually believe it or not. At the same time, he has an obligation to uphold the standards of his employer. Not saying I agree with what he said, but people just need to get a damn life. If you dont like what someone says dont listen to them.