Is the observer going to cover us this year???

[size=3]Highlights [font=mcclatchy sans]Charlotte kicks off football season on the road Friday at Georgia State[/font] [font=mcclatchy sans]Game will mark 49ersā€™ first as member of Football Bowl Subdivision[/font] [font=mcclatchy sans]Georgia State will try to end 11-game losing streak against 49ers[/font][/size]

I like how we have an 11 game winning streak against a team weā€™ve never played.

[quote=ā€œMr. Bojangles, post:37, topic:29793ā€][quote=ā€œninermike, post:35, topic:29793ā€]Look! New GameDay content from the O. One click gives them about $.015 in ad revenue. Not clicking furthers their demise. Choose wisely.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/football/article33750417.html[/quote]

That was breathtakingā€¦[/quote] Well, I did hold my breath to combat the stench.

Wow. Truly ignorant about the program. Has no clue. Justā€¦wow.

[quote=ā€œninermike, post:24, topic:29793ā€][quote=ā€œ49r9r, post:21, topic:29793ā€]I think Iā€™ve noticed an observer apologist in this thread finally acknowledging there is a problem.

What message does it send the community when games like ETSU/Kinnesaw get coverage and we do not?[/quote]

Arguments that ETSU gets coverage and we donā€™t are pure sensationalism and not true.

Only a problem for McClatchey employees and stockholders unless you think the Observerā€™s coverage has been an asset for us. Iā€™m not an Observer apologist but have found it humorous how our fans will marginalize them and say they donā€™t matter yet the Observer is probably the biggest discussion on NNN.

Here we are before our opening FBS game and look what the primary topic of discussion is.[/quote]

Thatā€™s because their coverage has sucked and continues to suck. And we are going to continue to complain about it. Sorry but when your local paper has their noses so stuck up the asses of the Panthers, Tarheels and Hornets to the detriment of coverage for the HUGE LOCAL UNIVERSITY WITH THOUSANDS OF ALUMNI AND STUDENTS IN THE MARKET your going to get complaints. I used to subscribe to the observer and finally just gave up because of the lack of coverage.

Take a look at the coverage given to ODU by their local paper. Itā€™s light years ahead. And they are a smaller paper and market.

Iā€™m sorry but it appears to be a lack of effort.

We supposedly had a beat writer and I saw him at lots of games but he hardly ever put anything out.

Not even on the web.

And I didnā€™t see much from him on other teams either.

They just simply donā€™t seem to put out a lot of content.

I mean how much are these people working? Are they just enjoying the good life with lots of free tickets and putting out the bare minimum to keep their positions?

Sure as hell seems like it.

Compare what they do to the Crown Town soccer blog. The kid running that blog has a full time job and still puts out more content than these full time professional writers do. AND he puts out a f***ing podcast.

It appears to me that the staff of the observer is stuck in the old days and hasnā€™t adjusted to the reality of the rest of the business world. Which is you have to work your ass off to keep your job and move up.

But oh no, if our AD does something without letting them know first they get their panties in a wad?? ( I am referring g dorect to the sorenson column that seemed to indicate a hissy fit and made no sense).

Iā€™ve said it before and I will say it again. They are beside the point now. They havenā€™t done much for us in the way of coverage in the past and I donā€™t expect them to now.

But I brought up this subject because I found it shocking, just absolutely shocking that I couldnā€™t find any content on our upcoming game on their site. I mean geez they claim to be a sports department and they are barely covering the local team transitioning to FBS!

I mean we had a new professional sports team in town this year. The Charlotte independence, with all kinds of story lines, but did they cover them. Did they dig deep. Nope. They just keep writing more regurgitated pablum about the ACC NFL and NBA.

They wonā€™t be getting my $ until they change their tune.

[quote=ā€œninermike, post:35, topic:29793ā€]Look! New GameDay content from the O. One click gives them about $.015 in ad revenue. Not clicking furthers their demise. Choose wisely.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/football/article33750417.html[/quote]

Frankly that wasnā€™t worth the $.015 I just gave them.

clt says enjoys the post game coverage: http://www.charlotteobserver.com

ā€¦cricketsā€¦

just trying to be helpful!

Few college fanbases rely on their local paper for following a football or basketball program. Itā€™s the message boardsā€¦like this one that provide the inside info. Also I have noticed that Patrick Oā€™Brien is putting out some great info about our program on his site.

clt agrees. clt also says that most papers would get the name of the head coach correct.