Iti's transferring

Story upcoming on charlotte.com.

Shocker.

I’m so devastated I may actually throw a party.

I am sad he’s leaving, I think he could have been really good coming off the bench.

He sucks. A swing-and-a-miss by Lutz. Maybe Bobby will think twice before shaking his finger at us and promising us what he can’t deliver.

WOOHOO

Well, it looks to be true. Who are we gonna plug in at center?
Martin Iti to Transfer from Charlotte

Why do I get the idea noone tried to stop him from leaving? :rolleyes:

[i]Originally posted by austinniner[/i]@May 3 2005, 06:03 PM [b] Why do I get the idea noone tried to stop him from leaving? :rolleyes: [/b]
Why do I get the idea everyone convinced him to leave? :bball:

Nothing personal towards Martin, but the team has already gained 1-2 additional wins next season.

[b]Who are we gonna plug in at center?[/b]

What difference does it make? The team won in spite of ole’ whatshisname for the last 2 years.

Coach Lutz convinced me by midseason that he is well versed in game planning without a legit center.

Good riddance. Now, perhaps Lutz can quickly go sign yet another juco transfer to take his place.

Iti made a lot of people angry by not performing up to the scouting sites’ expectations. While I was disappointed, I was hoping he would still stick around and keep improving. It took Jermaine Parker four years to become good, and Iti was on a similar track. He improved somewhat on the defensive end this season, and I was hoping to see similar improvement next season. I don’t see this move helping him in any way. It will make all of his naysayers happy, but if he steadily improved the next two offseasons he could have helped us in his senior season.

It’d be nice to see someone at least 6-10 fill that space.

[i]Originally posted by franchise49er[/i]@May 3 2005, 06:25 PM [b] Good riddance. Now, perhaps Lutz can quickly go sign yet another juco transfer to take his place. [/b]
I don't feel that way. Unless his attitude is bad and he is a cancer to the team, he is an assett, not a liability. He showed promise. Too bad not more often.

If he does transfer to another school (instead of the Australian League), he could be a real force in 3 years. A program with a good big man coach working with him for a season might do wonders.

However, I think the handlers got to him once again.

Best of luck to Martin Iti. Hope it works out for him. Our State Moto comes to mind as I think of him “Esse Quam Vederi” (close enough) meaning “To Be
Rather Than to Seem” Hope he can find a place to be all he can be. Seems some teams with two guards and three forwards went pretty deep into the tourneyment. Note the word TEAMS.

In three years?

He’ll lose a year of eligibility, he will only be playing 1 more year.

Why would he lose a year, he hasn’t redshirted? He only has to sit out the transfer year.

From Jena…

Iti to transfer from Charlotte; next stop unknown.

Hallejuh! Praise the Lord! Glory be to Jesus!
We finally got rid of old suck boy. Here’s a Quarter, go by yourself some talent.