Its official

Im a US citizen today.

Some interesting bits from the ceremony.

150 people swore an oath today, from 58 different countries. The biggest group of people were from India. Ironically it seemed like I was the only Canadian. There may have been one more, but he could of just been taking his time to standup when they called out Cambodia or maybe it was Cameroon.

1 man was named Osama. They made fun of him.

6th grade classes were in attendance, to view history and civics in action. Best question asked by 6th grader: “When you become a citizen, do you get a house?” Followed by another 6th grader: “I thought the government promised everyone new a mule and a farm?”

Best question from the people swearing in: “Does this mean I have to start paying taxes?”

Coincidence? The amount of older white men in the ‘audience’ side and the amount of extremely hot asian, eastern european and african women swearing in today.

Shock: The emotion after the guy says “Congratulations, you are now an American citizen.” Followed by the thunderous applause.

:49ers:

Congratulations! That is awesome. Hooray for hot foreign chicks too! :lol:

That’s awesome, man. Congratulations.

That’s great, bud! Welcome aboard!

I’m sure I speak for us all when I say you will always be a no good Canadian in our hearts. :tongue:

[QUOTE=Gill2003;400499] Coincidence? The amount of older white men in the ‘audience’ side and the amount of extremely hot asian, eastern european and african women swearing in today.[/QUOTE]

Mail order, baby!!! Gotta love it.

Congrats Gill!!!

This brings the amount of friends I have that are Canadian citizens down to 1. moving in the right direction.

That's great, bud! Welcome aboard!

I’m sure I speak for us all when I say you will always be a no good Canadian in our hearts. :tongue:

He’s an Indian-Canadian. Remember that.

Which begs the question… what is the PC term for black people in Canada? Do they call them African-Canadians? And also… if a group of black people walk into a toronto restaurant, does the staff refer to them as “Americans”?

Congratulations Gill!

[QUOTE=thelew1014;400510]Which begs the question… what is the PC term for black people in Canada? Do they call them African-Canadians? And also… if a group of black people walk into a toronto restaurant, does the staff refer to them as “Americans”?[/QUOTE]

I think African-American would still be the term to use. Canada is a part of North America, afterall.

Nice, Gillderness!

Congrats.

Congrats! Now you can’t point at any of us and say it is all our fault. You are in on it now too. :thumbsup:

Looks like two of my friends will be shedding their Canadian citizenship for the ol’ red, white and blue this year. Congrats!

Congrats!! Did you get your welcome letter from Obama?

Welcome home!! We are glad to have you! :slight_smile:

Congrats man! Sounds like yours was about twice as big a ceremony as mine.

So does Canada allow dual citizenship or are you just American now?

Congrats, Gill!

[URL=http://unambig.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/south_park.jpg]http://unambig.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/south_park.jpg[/URL]

THEY TOOK ERRR JERRRRRRRBS!

congratulations, gill!

Ha ha thanks guys!

As for the dual citizenship questions. The American gov doesnt accept nor reject dual citizenship status. As long as you say your an American in the country and at the borders, there ok with it. As for Canada, I may have to register or something.

Congrats!! Did you get your welcome letter from Obama?

Had no idea it was from Obama… LoL

Congrats

Mail Order Brides are real?