Jake Delhomme

I think the common factor in good defenses is bringing pressure, when the Panthers did that tonight they forced long downs but then went soft again on the next play.

[IMG]http://www.swampland.com/img/Image/spf/blog/delhomme.jpg[/IMG]

Must of had some bad bo’rounds.

His jersey is clean. Offensive line did their part.

alright, this is probably a terrible idea, but who here thinks he deserves to get cut?

i don’t. yeah, people have ripped jake every season since the superbowl. i don’t see why. okay, one terrible post season game. if you look at the other two losses he’s had in the playoffs, 1.) was against a good patriots team that had excellent field position from a kasay mess up on a kick off, and 2.) a nfc championship game when we were on our fourth running back, so they triple covered the only guys who could catch the ball, steve smith (moose was in chicago).

i agree, jake doesn’t needs to manage the game, until it gets to that 2 minute drill. in the last 2 min of the game, he either knees the ball because we’re up, or he goes to work and gets us down the field for a last second field goal or touchdown. jake didn’t show up, i could hardly watch after the 3rd pick, but i think it’s b.s. that people think he should be gone.

They shouldn’t cut him if there is no suitable replacement [flashback 2007].

They certainly need to draft a QB.

Cut Lucas.

Fire the DB coach.

agreed. 1 bad playoff game. jake deserves more support.

At least Queen City TV will stay in business.

Not to take away from his poor performance, but the play calling in this game was absolutely horrible. It was complete garbage. Some of those passes should have been running plays. I mean, we only had the best RB combo in the league, and they ran straight down on the field on the first drive and scored. What do we do next? We don’t give them the ball anymore and try to pass every play. We have the ball 1st and 5, and throw two straight passes 15+ yards down the field! Great play calling. The entire coaching staff needs to go in the offseason.

I just got home from the game. Not a good day. First the Niners play like crap and than the Panthers play even worse.

I’m blaming our defensive coverage almost as much as Jake.

Not to take away from his poor performance, but the play calling in this game was absolutely horrible.
Agreed.
They shouldn't cut him if there is no suitable replacement [flashback 2007].

They certainly need to draft a QB.

Cut Lucas.

Fire the DB coach.

i completely agree. lucas has been terrible this season. he couldn’t cover a rat in a wool sock.

i quit watching because i couldn’t stand it, so did we start double covering fitzgerald effectively? it looked like they tried in the first half, but couldn’t.

[IMG]http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/j_delhomme_070923_IA.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://nbcsportsmedia1.msnbc.com/j/apmegasports/200709231955717528924-pf.hmedium.jpg[/IMG]

thats not from tonight…they had black jerseys on didn’t they? maybe it was the booze?

It certainly doesn’t help that Godfrey just isn’t very good, and it is certainly making Lucas look a lot worse when his safety help b-l-o-w-s.

It certainly doesn't help that Godfrey just isn't very good, and it is certainly making Lucas look a lot worse when his safety help b-l-o-w-s.

i agree with that too, but gofrey is a rookie so that’s expected of him. lucas is a veteran that just didn’t show up this year. especially in one on one coverage.

i agree with that too, but gofrey is a rookie so that's expected of him. lucas is a veteran that just didn't show up this year. especially in one on one coverage.
Agreed, I think Marshall has really gone down hill, as well.

I think firing the defensive backs coach would be a very good idea. Seems like we bring in guys, they do well the first year or two, then they start stinking it up. Seems the coaching makes them worse!

Agreed, I think Marshall has really gone down hill, as well.

I think firing the defensive backs coach would be a very good idea. Seems like we bring in guys, they do well the first year or two, then they start stinking it up. Seems the coaching makes them worse!

Marshall had some shining moments last year that made me think he would be pretty good. but i sure as hell don’t know what happened there.

I think getting rid of the DB coach is a great idea. look what happened tonight. the new orleans game was pretty bad too. i can’t think of other off the top of my head, but i know our DB got burned a lot this year…mostly due to being out of position a lot.

[QUOTE=j2thak49er;376060]Marshall had some shining moments last year that made me think he would be pretty good. but i sure as hell don’t know what happened there.

I think getting rid of the DB coach is a great idea. look what happened tonight. the new orleans game was pretty bad too. i can’t think of other off the top of my head, but i know our DB got burned a lot this year…mostly due to being out of position a lot.[/QUOTE]

Don’t forget about the second Tampa Bay game, Bryant had over 200 yards. We’ve got some serious secondary issues.

Don't forget about the second Tampa Bay game, Bryant had over 200 yards. We've got some serious secondary issues.

We seriously need to get a CB in the draft this year, maybe even a DT too. We definitely lack depth there. I think we also need to look at a QB at some point too, whether we get him from the draft or free agency.

…and i did not realize that we didn’t have a pick until pick number 60 of the draft.

In the draft they should focus on defensive back field, CB or safety, doesn’t matter which but perfer both. Also need to bring in good veterans at BOTH positions, pay them whatever you have to. There won’t be a lot of talent at QB left at pick 60 and outside of Peppers and Smith we don’t have anything to trade to move up that anyone would want. Fire the DB coach and PAY for an expert there too! The Lines on both sides of the ball were relative bright spots. Neither really breaking down till late (tired defense) or when Jake held the ball too long. Although the D-Line looked like they didn’t understand how to pass rush. Did I even hear Peppers or Beason mentioned in the game after the start?

Jake is not a gun slingger like Warner. 2 running plays, 1 pass, that’s Panther football. Its irritating and leads to close games with opponents that they are clearly not as good, but it works with the current crew. When they went down 21 to 7 I started cleaning up and listening only. I knew they’d start throwing and I knew Jake was done. Had the D-backs stopped the Fitzgerald Show on their 2nd and 3rd drives we would have been able to establish the run and forced them to run more too, our game, not theirs. That’s the Panther’s game, instead we went into a none-hurry-up version of Jake’s 2 minute drill for 3 and 3/4s quarters. Who didn’t see this coming after the first turn over?

Like I said 2002, neither does Delhomme.