Jake Delhomme

Shouldn’t have cut Jovan Haye.

Lot of fair-weather hating going on for Jake in this thread. Where was all this criticism when he helped lead the team to a first-round bye and undefeated home record?

If you want to blame anyone for this loss, blame coaching for not doing a better job of containing Fitzgerald when Boldin was out and his backup being nothing more than a “decent” replacement option. The Panthers didn’t make a definitive effort to shut down Fitz until the 2nd half and by then it was too late.

Jake was involuntarily placed into a position where he had to to throw far more often and earlier than he would have liked to. With the defense allowing Warner/Fitz to abuse them, Carolina was not able to get the running game going which has been their strength this season.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Jake made some poor throws early on that certainly helped put Arizona in a position where Warner/Fitz could hurt them, but it started with our DB’s/coaching letting Fitz have a field day, falling behind early and forcing a passing war that very few QB’s are going to win against a gun slinger like Warner.

Jake isnt as bad as he was ast night. Yes, I thought he lost the game for us, but he wasn’t the only one. He’s an average NFL qb. Thats it. We need to win by controlling the lines of scrimmages, and except for the first drive, we didn’t really do that. We do need to get some young talent at the QB position though.

clt calls for vick in 09!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNO6On7cK1M

[QUOTE=NinerNation Inc.;376044]

Cut Lucas.

[/QUOTE]

That is unfair. I think he still has vision problems from being punched in the face by Smith…

Jake isnt as bad as he was ast night. Yes, I thought he lost the game for us, but he wasn't the only one. He's an average NFL qb. Thats it. We need to win by controlling the lines of scrimmages, and except for the first drive, we didn't really do that. We do need to get some young talent at the QB position though.

Teams can win Super Bowls with “average” QB’s. Ask Baltimore. We came close to being able to ask Carolina if not for some special teams miscues a few years back. I think that if you have a sound running game and stellar defense, you can go all the way if you are average at QB. Unfortunately, in the playoffs, you cannot have one of your worst games ever or it’s see ya next year.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;376134] I think that if you have a sound running game and stellar defense, you can go all the way if you are average at QB. [/QUOTE]

Yep, and the Panthers have 2 of the 3.

Sound running game = check

average QB who didn’t play well yesterday = check

stellar defense = well, uh. Lets just say the defense has some very good players, but with their pass defense, they don’t have to worry about trying to use “stellar” in a sentence anytime soon.

Who knows what next season’s roster will look like…but please, please, please do something to upgrade the secondary.

Unfortunately, in the playoffs, you cannot have one of your worst games ever or it's see ya next year.
I thought the team had their worst game of the year; and individually, Jake did too..... although as already stated, some of the interceptions took place down the stretch when Arizona knew Jake had to throw.

Jake was horrible, but the defense was just as bad. Boldin was out yet Fitzgerald was still getting wide open the entire first half? He had that one crazy catch over two guys, but he was open for all the rest. Terrible gameplan and/or execution for the Panthers D last night.

Jake had a bad game. Defense had a crappy first half but i thought played well in the second half. i think cardinals defense knew something about jake’s tendencies hence the reason every pass he threw was close to an interception. I wonder what will go on during the offseason and hopefully we can re-sign Peppers

“Coach Fox” discusses last night’s game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tie0tz7jGDI

You’re as bad as you play, and Jake Delhomme is that bad.

Anyone that didn’t know our secondary sucked this year obviously hasn’t watched many games.

Jake is one of the worst ever...pure and simple.

riiiiiiiiiiight…coming into the game he had the BEST playoff QB rating of all 12 playoff QBs…He was ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE yesteday (no doubt)…however, it was one game, no way is he one the worst ever. Geez, talk about knee-jerk OVER-reactions!

Trgovac needs to be fired with that soft cover 2. Throw the best defensive players in the league in that terrible scheme, and, well, we've all seen the results since losing Del Rio before the 03 season.

WINNER!!!

[B]You're as bad as you play, and Jake Delhomme is that bad.[/B]

Anyone that didn’t know our secondary sucked this year obviously hasn’t watched many games.

wow, nice contribution…:huh:

I thought the team had their worst game of the year; and individually, Jake did too..... although as already stated, some of the interceptions took place down the stretch when Arizona knew Jake had to throw.
You forgot about Tampa Bay the first time.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;376020]Trgovac needs to be fired with that soft cover 2. Throw the best defensive players in the league in that terrible scheme, and, well, we’ve all seen the results since losing Del Rio before the 03 season.[/QUOTE]

Trgo and Davidson were both uneblievably awful against AZ, but Davidson hasnt been that bad all year. He just gotd ared to throw by Arizona feinting with 8 men in the box, and thought because Jake did it against a pathetic Broncos D, he could do it against the Cards. Big mistake. Cards also faked that 8 man front a lot, since they know Jake wont audible except for that quick line of scrimmage pass.

Trgo was awful all season. Is it his philosophy, our personnel or both. Probably both. We lack shutdown corners, and our safeties were a rook & a hitter. I would never get rid of Chris Harris, but coverage aint his thing. He’ll kill a RB in support or a QB on a blitz though. We have to have a hitter back there. Godfrey needs to get better. We have to replace Lucas witha shutdown CB, not a project. Marshall got much worse this year. I can’t explain why.

But Trgo---- oh man do I hate his insistence to play Cover 2 or 3 against a fuggin passing team with an inmobile QB and never apply pressure up the middle because he doesn’t trust his CBs. I have been very worriedly suggesting for a week that AZ was built to beat our non agreesive style and almost did once already. Screw that East Coast crap. Those teams werent the Panthers - they blitz and get him out of the pocket. We don’t. Our front 4 arent dominant. Our best pressures all day long were effort plays by D. Lewis (who later committed a bad penalty), and the one time Trgo finally blitzed Harris up the middle (huge sack of Warner - thought Harris might have hurt him), which I had been screaming for in the bar for the previous 15 minutes.

Playing that wait and give up the middle and short passes crap against a passing team with a vet gunslinger like Warner is like Lutz playing our horrendous 2-3 zone against a shooting team with no post. It’s like allowing your opponent to call the defenses they’d prefer to see for the most success. ARGHHH. Getting worked up just thinking about it. Why are these guys so stubborn?

Fantastic game plan by AZ though. They knew we’d never pressure them, so they called slow developing route after slow developing route and just watched it come wide open with tons of time for Warner. They owned our coaching staff like a bunch of cheap prostitutes.

How many turnovers does it take for Fox to yank you? 10, 20, 100.