Jamar Briscoe - Guard - 2010

assists only happen when you have teammates that can put the ball in the basket. TO’s happen a lot when you are the only person your team can count on. I imagine those #'s will improve quite a bit.

Wow. I’m not surprised we got him, but a little surprised that we got him when he has to pay his own way the first (transfer) year. So we have Harris, Ian, and Coleman leaving after next year and one of those scholarships filled, so two more to go…I gotta say, I want to see results on the floor, but I think our recruiting is starting to really turn around, I’ll temper my excitement though.

I have no idea how good he’ll be here, but he does seem to at least have some scoring talent. We seem to be in pretty decent shape for when Harris leaves with Jamar, Parks, and Green all will have at least 1 year of D1 experience by then.

Welcome to Charlotte! Glad to have you, Jamar.

[QUOTE=N1NER;412763]My friend is the play-by-play man for NCCU. He says Briscoe can play, but has a little bit of an attitude problem.[/QUOTE]

Some attitude is good. I’d be pissed off all the time too if my team lost every game it played.

Some attitude is good. I'd be pissed off all the time too if my team lost every game it played.

QFT - I like sore losers

radio guys don’t know jack half the time- they are usually sports ignorant

Best case scenario - Leemire Goldwire?

[QUOTE=punkrockcowboy;412762]MPG:33.33
PPG: 17.833
FG%: 39.1
3FG%: 35.3
FT%: 77.5
APG: 2.433
RPG: 2.433
SPG: 1.767
[/QUOTE]

Comparison stats:

MPG: 36.486
PPG: 20.257
FG: 41.8
3PT: 34.7
FT: 83.2
A: 2.257
R: 4.371
S: 1.371

Briscoe stacks up pretty well to a slightly more hyped freshman transfer.

A player that hates to lose. I’ll take him on my team any day of the week.

assists only happen when you have teammates that can put the ball in the basket. TO's happen a lot when you are the only person your team can count on. I imagine those #'s will improve quite a bit.

True, I suspect we’ll see a slight decline in points from him, a sharp decline in turnovers, and a huge rise in assists.

Best case scenario - Leemire Goldwire?

Best case scenario- Allen Iverson. Great case scenario - Leemire Goldwire. :biggrin:

[QUOTE=ninerfan55;412764]that scares me. we dont need any bad attitudes ruining our chemistry.[/QUOTE]

I say who cares about his attitude, right now good attitude and hard work isnt doing jack for us. Maybe we need a little attitude.

[QUOTE=4t9er;412973]I say who cares about his attitude, right now good attitude and hard work isnt doing jack for us. Maybe we need a little attitude.[/QUOTE]

His “attitude” won’t even matter this year.

[QUOTE=4t9er;412973]I say who cares about his attitude, right now good attitude and hard work isnt doing jack for us. Maybe we need a little attitude.[/QUOTE]

That’s a great point. The team the last 2 years has been a bunch of nice guys who played hard. This new group has some attitude and intensity to them, along with some skills. Shamari will lead the way. He’ll get all the big guys going. We just need some killer instinct among the guards. We were good when Diego, Demon, Cam, Eddie refused to lose and took over games or hit big shots.

From the A10 boards:

Originally Posted by [B]survivor[/B] [I]Question for Duquesne fans:[/I]

Did Briscoe seem like an exceptional player to you? Did he pad his stats during NCCU’s blowout loss? What kind of point guard are we getting?

survivor, James Briscoe is a very good player; one of the better players that came into Palumbo last year. From what I saw last year, if given a choice, I would take Briscoe over Jio Fontan. They both have similar styles, quick, like to beat their man off of the dribble and create. I think Jio is a better passer, but Briscoe is a much, much better shooter who I think will continue to improve. He also seemed like a very nice young man.

In the Dukes game, his stats were not padded. The Dukes got up early, led by 20+ in the middle of the first half, and then lost some intensity, especially on defense. Briscoe led his team back into this game, helping to cut the Dukes lead down to 10 with about 7 minutes left. Briscoe didn’t really stand out while running NC Central’s offensive sets. But he may have been the best player on the floor when the game disintegrated into a pickup game.

It will be up to the 49ers’ coaching staff to develop and get the most out of Briscoe’s talent. Congratulations!

well if it’s up to the coaching staff to develop him then oh well…

well if it's up to the coaching staff to develop him then oh well...

Right, because Dijuan hasn’t developed into much of a pg. And Leemire never really developed into much after his freshman year.

:rolleyes:

Eddie didn’t develop either…

Dijuan, Leemire, Eddie…all hard workers from the get go. The problem with coaching stuff is not development of players but they target players that are too big of projects that don’t want to do the work required. (i.e. Dumptruck & Phil)

Phil Jones is awesome, what is wrong with you?

I think that Phil has definitely improved in his time here. Big men take time, so have some patience with him.

[QUOTE=moss2k;413031]I think that Phil has definitely improved in his time here. Big men take time, so have some patience with him.[/QUOTE]

I agree, he wasn’t a star last year, but if he makes the same kind of jump he did from his first to second year, he will be very, very good for us next year.