Jamelle Barrett PG - 2010 JUCO

PG from Consumnes River C.C. by way of Mt. Zion Prep (NC). he would have 2 yrs left and was all state this year.

Rivals Profile

Roster profile

link to his stats -> said link

averaged almost 18 ppg & 10apg

[quote=“moss2k, post:2, topic:23246”]link to his stats -> said link

averaged almost 18 ppg & 10apg[/quote]

If he comes to Charlotte, I hope he works on his FT%. 67% for a PG is not very stellar. :slight_smile:

Jamelle’s rivals.com page lists Houston, however Houston just inked a PG from Chicago for next year. Might help us out, if we are pushing hard for him. My guess is we are waiting to hear from Salter…

whether he has two years or three, this guy would seem to be a good backup in case we dont get salter. i just wanted to see a little more of a jump shot in that highlight but it looks as if he can penetrate and pass.

I’m all for filling some roster spots right now.

Ditto. Get some depth for next year and unload his scholarship the year after next. I’m ok with that. I’d rather take on a dead weight 2 year JUCO then a dead weight 4 year HS kid. Of course if we can find some project/quality 4 year players that would be great, but it’s a bit late for that.

[quote=“moss2k, post:5, topic:23246”]Jamelle’s rivals.com page lists Houston, however Houston just inked a PG from Chicago for next year.[/quote]Yes, just reading that former SMU-commit Fabyon Harris (ESPN rated 89) is headed to Houston, choosing UH over DePaul and Creighton. The Cougs get a 4-year player while we might end up with a JUCO. Why am I not surprised?

Barrett’s favorite food is pizza. Kid has potential.

the kid is a two star. i dont think we want to invest in a four year player is a two star. its better to have a mediocre two year player, and this kid looks like he has potential.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:11, topic:23246”]the kid is a two star. i dont think we want to invest in a four year player is a two star. its better to have a mediocre two year player, and this kid looks like he has potential.[/quote]55, didn’t mean to imply we were recruiting a player that Creigthon, DePaul, and Houston had offered and Cincy and K-State were showing interest following his decommitment from SMU. Just that we seem to be targeting transfers - be they JUCOs or from 4-year programs like UGa - and writing off 2010 for going after 4-year players.

Is this kid coming from a JUCO affiliated with NJCAA? Cant find Consumnes River Community College on any of the official NJCAA roster of schools. If not what type of conference was he playing in and who was he playing against? Did he play at Mt Zion in N.C.? How did he do there?

gotcha. i misread your post. i think that, for the most part, we shouldnt look at any 2010 four year players because they will most likely not be a10 quality players or we will have to deal with another transfer a year or two down the road.

It seems like he plays for a lower level juco. edit he’s had a teammate go to E Tenn St and one go to Sacramento St (both forwards), though he seemed to be the best player on the team. He transferred to the current juco from College of Southern Idaho, which is a very well known juco…seems like he followed his coach to the new school.

Seems like a point guard who likes to shoot alot. Creative passes, but turns the ball over too. Originally from Cali, but did go to Mt Zion.

I’d take him. But, hell, I’d take just about anyone at this point. We need bodies.

Sometimes I wonder just how much better these guys are than Trevin Parks. We have 4 scholarships open and Bowden is not coming back. We didn’t see much of Parks last year, but when we did he was good. He looked really good against Saint Joes. I know they sucked last year, but he easily scored 5 or 6 points against their starters. Perhaps we should give him a scholarship.
Ultimately, I trust Coach Major, and whatever we do I think it will be for the best.

If Parks is willing to play here without a scholarship, why give him one? If he did play this year and looked good then I’d be in favor of giving him one to keep him from transferring, but to give him one now would be foolish.

[quote=“punkrockcowboy, post:16, topic:23246”]Sometimes I wonder just how much better these guys are than Trevin Parks. We have 4 scholarships open and Bowden is not coming back. We didn’t see much of Parks last year, but when we did he was good. He looked really good against Saint Joes. I know they sucked last year, but he easily scored 5 or 6 points against their starters. Perhaps we should give him a scholarship.
Ultimately, I trust Coach Major, and whatever we do I think it will be for the best.[/quote]
i thought parks played well when he went in. he was certainly better than your typical walk on but i dont think he deserves a scholarship, maybe even less so than colby lewis who i think has more upside. with the four remaining scholarships for next year we are going to need two big men, probably a power forward and a center, a small forward and maybe another shooting guard or point guard.

They’re out there, though not quite as many with each passing day. Just figured with a new head coach from the Midwest and assistants from the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Southeast, we’d be going after some 4-year players for 2010 as well. Hmmm…

They’re out there, though not quite as many with each passing day. Just figured with a new head coach from the Midwest and assistants from the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Southeast, we’d be going after some 4-year players for 2010 as well. Hmmm…[/quote]

They are? Where? Bottom line is we already have 9 players right now that everyone on here wants to see get minutes, all we need is a backup gaurd and we are set. I don’t think you are going to get a stud this late. I’d rather have 8 or at the worst 9 man rotation of.

Briscoe
Green
Wilderness
Spears
Braswell

Jones
Sirin
Barnett
Sherrill

We ran into too many players and not enough minutes last year. let’s give the coach a chance and see what he does.