Jeff Jones Decommits!!!!

[B]H.S. guard reneges on commitment to Maryland[/B]

Jones was recruited by Terps assistant who left program
By Heather A. Dinich
Sun Reporter
Originally published May 23, 2006, 5:06 PM EDT
Jeff Jones, a standout high school shooting guard from Drexel Hill, Pa., reneged today on an oral commitment he gave to play at Maryland, his high school coach confirmed.

Jones, a 6-foot-4 junior at Monsignor Bonner High School, called a Maryland assistant today to inform him of his decision, Monsignor Bonner coach Brian Daly said. He did not call Maryland coach Gary Williams, who is overseas touring the Persian Gulf region as part of “Operation Hardwood II,” a goodwill tour sponsored by the USO and Armed Forces Entertainment.

Jones was recruited by former Maryland assistant Rob Moxley, who left the Terps for a position as associate head coach at UNC-Charlotte.

“I don’t know if it was anything in particular, but a lot of it had to do with relationships,” Daly said. “He was very comfortable with Rob Moxley. What was left was a void he wasn’t sure would be filled. He clearly said he was not ruling out Maryland at all, but thought it would be in his best interest to look around again.”

Jones is rated a four-starrecruit from Rivals.com and also received offers from Virginia, North Carolina State, and Georgia Tech, among others.

I hope Bobby and Gary Williams survive this trip. Wow!!! Glad we’re on this side of it…this time.

Bobby: Hit me with your best shot!
GW : Fire away

I wish they were roomies on the trip, it’d be fun listening in on the dinner convos.

they could have a contest see who sweats more

[QUOTE=49erFan1;174732]I think this is more than worthy of its own thread. This is much more important to Niner sports than Jordan v. Lebron, 24, etc. This is HUGE News.[/QUOTE]

you’re damn right it deserve its own thread.

this is great news. and i also agree that i had rather have jones for 4 years instead of beasley for one year.

They think their program is so much better than ours just because they are in the ACC. Gahhhhh. First off they lost to 2 A-10 teams, GW and Temple. Second it seems to me that we went just as far in the NIT as they did this year :biggrin:.

[QUOTE=ebncrdr49er;174744]They think their program is so much better than ours just because they are in the ACC. Gahhhhh. First off they lost to 2 A-10 teams, GW and Temple. Second it seems to me that we went just as far in the NIT as they did this year :biggrin:.[/QUOTE]

true. but half their fans don’t even realize this. they have been watching/listening to billy packer way too much.

I can’t stop checking this thread again and again!! OMG!!! JEFF JONES!!

cant get too excited, we know how this has turned out before…player hype never ends well. expect nothing and you will usually end up pleasantly surprised.

cant get too excited, we know how this has turned out before...player hype never ends well. expect nothing and you will usually end up pleasantly surprised.
Too late.

Jones comes here… Huggins recruits coach Moxley

Jones comes here... Huggins recruits coach Moxley

HAHAHA. Nice. Although…I have a sickening sense that you’re not completely joking.

[B]H.S. guard reneges on commitment to Maryland[/B]

Jones was recruited by Terps assistant who left program
By Heather A. Dinich

Jones was recruited by former Maryland assistant Rob Moxley, who left the Terps for a position as associate head coach at Charlotte.

Fixed.

This would be sooo sweet. I too would rather have a 4yr than a 1yr. But I dont want to think about it. Better to be surprised than let down.

but I'm too used to losing the Top Tier recruits to bigger "named" programs.

I guess the Terps are going to have to get used to this… :clap:

[QUOTE=gotLutz;174751]Too late.

[/QUOTE]
Glad you posted the pic. I thought it was the white 2G from Virginia.

[QUOTE=49or bust;174754]Fixed.

This would be sooo sweet. I too would rather have a 4yr than a 1yr. But I dont want to think about it. Better to be surprised than let down.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but it’s gonna be a little difficult to not think about this possibility on occasion.

One thing is certain. Nothing is official until November.

Sure brightens up the place a bit though, doesn’t it?

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;174770]Sure brightens up the place a bit though, doesn’t it?[/QUOTE]

Yes sir. It sure does.

good grief…you guys are jumping to conclusions again…or insinutating…

Reading the Maryland Board reminds me of a day we had not to long ago…

I almost feel bad for them…