Jeff Jones Decommits!!!!

...If you people on this board don't think Moxley was hired at least in part because of this Jones connection, you're a pack of fools... ...But, don't fool yourself into thinking that he didn't drop a hint that "Hey, I know this Jones kid pretty well". Most of you seem a little smarter than this. However, some of you are young so I'll let you slide.

If the Truth Revolution was still in business, this statement would have been vigorously endorsed by the Truth Revolution.

Take me to the river and wash me 'cause I'm dirty, dirty, dirty.

If you people on this board donā€™t think Moxley was hired at least in part because of this Jones connection, youā€™re a pack of fools. Yes Moxley is ā€œComing back homeā€. Yes, he has a good track record at this school. And yes, he was promised to get high consideration for the head job when the time comes.

But, donā€™t fool yourself into thinking that he didnā€™t drop a hint that ā€œHey, I know this Jones kid pretty wellā€. Most of you seem a little smarter than this. However, some of you are young so Iā€™ll let you slide.

The thing is, Moxley probably would have been hired whether he knew Jones or not. From what I hear Moxley is the man. Who wouldnt want to hire a coach people think is the man? Hiring Mox and getting Jones is just an added bonus. Huggins basically hired Beasley by getting Hill. We did nothing of the sort. We wanted Mox for Mox.

Jones & Co will be playing in the TOC in Raleigh/Durham this weekend. Niner Nation needs to be there. Whoā€™s going?

The Northeast has a strong contingency of Rivals150 players. Other teams and players of note are the Pittsburgh JOTS (Dejuan Blair, Terrelle Pryor), Juice All Stars (Malcolm Grant, Triple Threat (Jeff Jones, Chris Braswell), Playaz Basketball Club (Corey Raji), New York Panthers (Sylvan Landesburg, Melquan Bolding), Team NJ Elite (Idris Hillard) and NY Elite (Teng Akool).

Jones & Co will be playing in the TOC in Raleigh/Durham this weekend. Niner Nation needs to be there. Who's going?

The Northeast has a strong contingency of Rivals150 players. Other teams and players of note are the Pittsburgh JOTS (Dejuan Blair, Terrelle Pryor), Juice All Stars (Malcolm Grant, Triple Threat (Jeff Jones, Chris Braswell), Playaz Basketball Club (Corey Raji), New York Panthers (Sylvan Landesburg, Melquan Bolding), Team NJ Elite (Idris Hillard) and NY Elite (Teng Akool).

Where will the tournament be held which gyms? Do you have any times for games Jones/Braswell will be in? Iā€™d only go to see those guys. From my understanding there will be many more highly touted recruits at this tourney.

I would love to go, but i am booked. It would be nice to get about 2 dozen there.

[QUOTE=hootie;174882]Take me to the river and wash me 'cause Iā€™m dirty, dirty, dirty.

If you people on this board donā€™t think Moxley was hired at least in part because of this Jones connection, youā€™re a pack of fools. Yes Moxley is ā€œComing back homeā€. Yes, he has a good track record at this school. And yes, he was promised to get high consideration for the head job when the time comes.

But, donā€™t fool yourself into thinking that he didnā€™t drop a hint that ā€œHey, I know this Jones kid pretty wellā€. Most of you seem a little smarter than this. However, some of you are young so Iā€™ll let you slide.[/QUOTE]

My opinion: Huggins wouldnā€™t have even considered Dalonte if he didnā€™t have strong ties to Beasley. We would have re-hired Moxley even if he had no connection to Jones. Sure, it is an added bonus, but it had no bearing on him getting the job. Different situationsā€¦

But, donā€™t fool yourself into thinking that he didnā€™t drop a hint that ā€œHey, I know this Jones kid pretty wellā€. Most of you seem a little smarter than this. However, some of you are young so Iā€™ll let you slide.

1. We would have hired Moxley anyway, without the ties to Jones.

2. Moxley did not leave a school he had history with for one he did not have any ties.

3. Iā€™ve never known Williams to be a friend of Lutz, or him going out of his way to do anything for Bobby.

The Huggins thing is different just by the things I mentioned above, along with things we probably donā€™t even know about.

Iā€™ll have to respectfully disagree with everything you said here. Moxley wanted to come back, heā€™s been here before and wants to be a head coach someday. He didnā€™t need to carry anyone along with him to get the position that he has here.

This is a four-star recruit weā€™re talking about here. Lutz would not hire a successor based on one four-star recruitā€¦much less ANYONE just for a four-star recruitā€¦or any star recruit. Huggins got greedy over Beasley because heā€™s the #2 recruit in the nation. Just because Huggins has done something unethical, that does not mean itā€™s cliche, much less that Lutz would do anything like it. Not to mention this guy hasnā€™t even mentioned Charlotte yet, weā€™re not even on his interest list as of now. Thatā€™s a pretty bizarre assumption, especially for a niners fan.

[QUOTE=ice_cold49er;174942]1. We would have hired Moxley anyway, without the ties to Jones.

1. Moxley did not leave a school he had history with for one he did not have any ties.

2. Iā€™ve never known Williams to be a friend of Lutz, or him going out of his way to do anything for Bobby.

The Huggins thing is different just by the things I mentioned above, along with things we probably donā€™t even know about.[/QUOTE]

I want to add number 4: Mox was with Bobby quite a few years before leaving for MD.

Alsoā€¦ I agree with everything you said, but this excerpt could be the most important:

[quote]
along with things we probably donā€™t even know about.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ninerID;174726]the same poster on maryland followed up withā€¦
[I]Speaking of Charlotte:[/I]
[I][B]Well wait to you see who commits there next, it will be quite a duo for sure.[/B][/I][/QUOTE]

Have we figured out who this guy is talking about? Who is the other commit that will make the duo?

Whats the word around there on the B-ball Director of ops??

Iā€™ll bet that if some Niners show up to his game, weā€™ll soon be on his radar.

[QUOTE=allie49er;174957]Iā€™ll bet that if some Niners show up to his game, weā€™ll soon be on his radar.[/QUOTE]

You gonna make the drive from Columbia to Raleigh?

I'll bet that if some Niners show up to his game, we'll soon be on his radar.
NO DOUBT!! Let's get a HUGE group out there drenched in GREEN!

[QUOTE=allie49er;174957]Iā€™ll bet that if some Niners show up to his game, weā€™ll soon be on his radar.[/QUOTE]

Just like with Beasley right?? :tongue:

Just like with Beasley right?? :tongue:

Oh damn, that burns.

Whats the word around there on the B-ball Director of ops??

what about jonesā€™ dad? wait now we are pulling a Kstate

Man im glad i saw a picture i thought we were recruiting the old virginia coach

[QUOTE=VA49er;174971]Just like with Beasley right?? :tongue:[/QUOTE]

Heā€™d probably think they were there to see him still.