Jerome Habel 6'10 PF 2006

Niners are hot on the trail of this JUCO PF. Coming out of high school verballed to FSU. Now attending San Bernardino Valley College. Rivals.com has FSU listed as the only team with interest (high). Trying to find out why he went to JUCO out of high school, assuming grade issues.

[URL=http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=17677]http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=17677[/URL]
Link shows that we were in the running for his services coming out of high school. Four start prospect coming out of high school

it shows that he already signed the LOI with FSU

Savio, that was his '04 HS recruitment.

On JucoJunction.com, he’s listed as unsigned.

http://jucojunction.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=42750

If this is recent update does this put the nail in the coffin concerning our chances of seeing Tatum in Charlotte uniform next year? Or means somebody is definitely transferring?

Sounds like a good player though, it would be big if we landed him. He would help more immediately next season than any HS player could. Let EJ play a little 3 at times, it would be good for our chances next year.

[QUOTE=CMack124;153068]If this is recent update does this put the nail in the coffin concerning our chances of seeing Tatum in Charlotte uniform next year? Or means somebody is definitely transferring?
[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing…

Oh my! This guy is ranked the #2 JUCO player in the country by JUCOJunction.

nm

Hill connection(I guess)… 1st team DC out of HS.

C Jerome Habel, Whitman, Sr., 6-9
Transfer transformed program that was 62-136 since last winning season (1992-93). Had six triple-doubles and averaged 20.1 points, 11.1 rebounds and 7.4 blocks for 18-5 Vikings.

I know we’ve talked about this guy before and this would definitely be HUGE! I’m gathering that JL is planning on transfering or CT will be a NQ, thereby making another schollie available. Unlike Williams or Coleman, this Juco seems like he could be the best JuCo forward we’ve gotten since Stephens. That is IF we can land him. It’ll be tough going up against Hamilton and the lure of the ACC. Let’s hope and pray that we do!

[QUOTE=max;154639]I know we’ve talked about this guy before and this would definitely be HUGE! I’m gathering that JL is planning on transfering or CT will be a NQ, thereby making another schollie available. Unlike Williams or Coleman, this Juco seems like he could be the best JuCo forward we’ve gotten since Stephens. That is IF we can land him. It’ll be tough going up against Hamilton and the lure of the ACC. Let’s hope and pray that we do![/QUOTE]

We wouldn’t be going up against FSU for him. They have no scholarships to give.

i don’t want to lose tatum. cam is extremely talented and will more than likely play 4 years here. we always complain about not having enough 4 year prospects why would you want to lose one of the best we are getting this year?

[QUOTE=the daxified one;154646]i don’t want to lose tatum. cam is extremely talented and will more than likely play 4 years here. we always complain about not having enough 4 year prospects why would you want to lose one of the best we are getting this year?[/QUOTE]
Nobody wants to lose him, but it appears as though he won’t be eligable to play D1 ball next semester, and a JUCO big man is a nice backup plan if Tatum can’t play for us. The hope is that Tatum will still sign with us, but he probably won’t be here until 2007.

6-9 and 196 pounds? Is that right?? Is this kid going to be able to hold his own down low? Also, does anybody know what schools we are competing with for him?

He’s bulked up some since HS, forD. Think Ive seen him listed at 220 on more recent lists, which makes sense.

Im guessing he’ll be KenKay Jones, with maybe a little more o-ffense (as Rick Majerus would say).

Habel’s 2006 profile on Rivals lists him at 6-10, 215 with 6 teams in the hunt, Charlotte being one of them.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=42750

There’s a new story up on Rivals.com as well.

[QUOTE]He actively defends, rebounds and blocks shots. Plus he has a soft touch for a big man and in high school Jerome averaged 20.1 points, 11.1rebounds and 7.4 blocks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys!!

There was some talk earlier that Bennett could get another year of eligibility… if that were to happen, would that take the scholarship that we would offer to Habel/Tatum?

I’ve added him to the 2006 thread.

[QUOTE=Max Power;154923]There was some talk earlier that Bennett could get another year of eligibility… if that were to happen, would that take the scholarship that we would offer to Habel/Tatum?[/QUOTE]

looks like that has went down the drain, Looks like this is Bennett’s last year. Sad how he got screwed by the NCAA. He has a lot of talent.

Do we have a connection to Southern California JUCOs? Fullerton College and San Bernardino are less than an hour apart. I also think we were looking at someone from Chaffey College last year which is in between Fullerton and San Berardino. There is some good talent out here in the JUCO system.