Jerome Habel 6'10 PF 2006

looks like that has went down the drain, Looks like this is Bennett's last year. Sad how he got screwed by the NCAA. He has a lot of talent.

and randolph morris is still playing and gets what another 2?

What’s the latest on J Habel?

His team lost in the cali juco tourney, but he had a good game…

Getting closer.

Getting Closer?

Hope we are closer. This kid was a top 60 ranked prospect coming out of high school 2 yrs ago. If we could ink him for next year, I’d be alot more excited about our team.

Getting closer.
Okay now, quit teasing. What do you know?

Come on Lefty…spill the beans.Will we get a verbal soon?

[QUOTE=K-Town-Niner;162525]Come on Lefty…spill the beans.Will we get a verbal soon?[/QUOTE]

I heard we were getting closer to a commitment. That’s about the extent of it. I really hope it happens.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;162555]I heard we were getting closer to a commitment. That’s about the extent of it. I really hope it happens.[/QUOTE]

So that would make it certain that J Lewis was transferring or Tatum would be waiting a year. That would mean one of them would have to happen right?

I think so. I would’nt be to sad to see Jerrell go. I don’t see him getting many minutes next year, we already go about 8 deep.

Well If Tatum doesn’t come here next year then it’s 07. Either way this is good news.

Imagine this lineup in '07

PG Carrlos, J Lewis
SG Goldwire, Tatum, Anderson
SF Wilderness, Dewhurst
PF Beasley, Phaler, Harmon
C Habel, Beasley, Phaler

[QUOTE=Basden05;162565]I think so. I would’nt be to sad to see Jerrell go. I don’t see him getting many minutes next year, we already go about 8 deep.

Well If Tatum doesn’t come here next year then it’s 07. Either way this is good news.

Imagine this lineup in '07

PG Carrlos, J Lewis
SG Goldwire, Tatum, Anderson
SF Wilderness, Dewhurst
PF Beasley, Phaler, Harmon
C Habel, Beasley, Phaler[/QUOTE]

And remember we still have a schollie available for possibly another big (hopefully). Adding another Top 100 recruit to that lineup would be nice.

And remember we still have a schollie available for possibly another big (hopefully). Adding another Top 100 recruit to that lineup would be nice.
I would rather have one of the point guards (Holmes or Harris) that we are looking at than a big in 07.

Habel would be a huge get for us. Obviously we are very thin up front next year, except for Dump truck.

[QUOTE=max;162604]Habel would be a huge get for us. Obviously we are very thin up front next year, except for Dump truck.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I REALLY hope we land this guy. Coleman is solid when he plays, but he gets winded quickly and is prone to foul trouble, and Courtney just isnt big enough to handle some of the big bangers down low. Both Twon and Courtney are very solid centers, but we do need one more big man BAD

Not good news

[URL=http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=525914]http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=525914[/URL]

Hopefully we can pull it out.

Looks like we can possibly chalk this up to our extensive list of close but no cigar.

We have been recruiting this kid for a long time (high school) so this is frustrating.

It is never ink till it is ink no matter how good it looks for you when you are dealing with kids this age and all the influences that go into recruiting this day and time.

Not so fast pessimistic ones. According to Jerome, he hasnt set up a visit with Oklahoma, and hasnt even really talked with any of the OU coaches at all. Apparently the only people saying he was interested were his uncle and high school coach, NOT Jerome. He says his recruitment is still very wide open, and wants to see who all is really interested in him before he makes his decision, which could come a long time from now…

[QUOTE=Chisox17;163314]Not so fast pessimistic ones. According to Jerome, he hasnt set up a visit with Oklahoma, and hasnt even really talked with any of the OU coaches at all. Apparently the only people saying he was interested were his uncle and high school coach, NOT Jerome. He says his recruitment is still very wide open, and wants to see who all is really interested in him before he makes his decision, which could come a long time from now…[/QUOTE]

And this information came from here:

[URL=http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=526215]http://charlotte.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=526215[/URL]

The Sooner Rivals writer talked to Habel directly and Habel knew nothing about the visit to OU. Recruiting is a crazy business.

Lutz earns his money just dealing with the recruiting end of things. Recruit is leaning enough our way that we start posting we are close to a commitment and then a recruiting source says he is close to a commitment at another school in a couple of hours then the recruit says he has not even talked to the coaches of that team but his uncle and high school coach have. In the meantime the recruit says the process is still wide open and will not commit anytime soon which means he will sign with somebody in the next couple of days.

I would hate to be the boosters of these schools, too many voided checks and I would never know who to make the check out to.