Jerome Habel 6'10 PF 2006

According to rivals, he visited San Diego State University.
No future visits elsewhere have been lined up.

Edit: has he visited us?

I hate to say it, but someone may need to make a withdrawal from the ATM. Desparate times call for desparate measuresā€¦if you know what I mean.

I hate to say it, but someone may need to make a withdrawal from the ATM. Desparate times call for desparate measures.....if you know what I mean.

Not even funnyā€¦:confused:

Is he still a target for us with the Booker signing and Tatumā€™s status seemingly still up in the air? It would be nice to get him and have a center for 2007, but if Tatum gets eligable that last scholarship is his.

Hey man, Iā€™ll kick in a couple Gā€™s, you chip in a couple gā€™s, next thing you know, we got fitty gā€™s. Just ask Lane, it works.

Thereā€™s a good possiblity Habel will be a Bearcat. It came down between UC and FSU out of HS and now Cronin is hot on his trail.

Heard a rumor about one time Bearcat Roy Bright signing with UNCC, not a flame, but just a rumor floating aroundā€¦Thought you would want to know.

I heard that about Roy at the beginning of the season, but I thought it turned out untrue.

comitted to San Diego State.

Thatā€™s a very BIG disappointment. Once again, we missed out on a much needed big man target. Damn!

Not having any scholarships left probably had something to do with it.

[QUOTE=max;167962]Thatā€™s a very BIG disappointment. Once again, we missed out on a much needed big man target. Damn![/QUOTE]

Booker was our big man target and we got him. Now you donā€™t have to be disappointedā€¦

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;167965]Not having any scholarships left probably had something to do with it.[/QUOTE]

Is this assuming Tatum Signs?

Quote:ā€œBooker was our big man target and we got him. Now you donā€™t have to be disappointedā€¦ā€-Jimmyhatniner

Last time I checked, Booker was quoted as saying he ā€œloved playing out on the perimeter and thatā€™s why he came here.ā€ He said he basically had Lutzā€™s blessing on that. Besides, the guy is 6-6 according to Scout and only weighs 215 lbs. You call that a ā€œBig Manā€? I guess this means Deangelo is going to be a power forward now :slight_smile:

I also thought Lutz said he had two schollies left prior to signing small forward Michael Booker? That would tell me that he should have one more left to giveā€¦unless something has changed??

No one has announced they are leaving so I am assuming Booker will take the last scholarship for next year. It is the one Tatum was penciled in for BUT he is not eligible and/or has dropped us.

oops

[QUOTE=ninerball49;168004]Habel signed LOI with Florida State

[URL=http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=17677]http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=17677[/URL][URL=http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=17677][/URL][/QUOTE]

That was out of HS 2 years ago.

Quote:"Booker was our big man target and we got him. Now you don't have to be disappointed...."-Jimmyhatniner

Last time I checked, Booker was quoted as saying he ā€œloved playing out on the perimeter and thatā€™s why he came here.ā€ He said he basically had Lutzā€™s blessing on that. Besides, the guy is 6-6 according to Scout and only weighs 215 lbs. You call that a ā€œBig Manā€? I guess this means Deangelo is going to be a power forward now :slight_smile:

Habel weighed under 200lbs coming out of high school. That recent newspaper article has Booker as a ā€œbulkyā€ 6-7, 230. Booker can rebound and block shots. I also understand he can score a little bit.:smile:

Booker > Habel. Lutz done good.

Those numbers (6ā€™-7", 230 lbs) sound questionable. Iā€™ve also heard 6-8 215 and 6-6 215. Regardless, the guy said he likes to play out on the perimeter and thatā€™s why he came here. He sounds like he could be a good small forward, but again, NOT a big man. We need guys who want to play in the post and who are capable of doing so. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m disappointed we didnā€™t sign Habelā€¦thatā€™s all.