Jesse Pistokache - 2015 PG/SG - decommitted from Charlotte

6’3 combo guard from Mission, TX, playing now at Johnson Ferry Christian Academy in GA, played some last year at Blair Academy (NJ) before returning back to Texas. Coached by former Duke guard Roshown Mcleod.

Rivals - no stars

Scout -

ESPN - 3 stars, 75 rating

247 - no profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BjG2YeElcM

go on youtube and check “jesse pistokache’s sophomore speech”. an amazing young man! half native american. seriously, watch this! it’s as amazing as his highlights!

Will be taking an official visit here this weekend, would imagine he’s at the ODU game.

Good shooter, pretty good passing highlights. His handle seemed a little loose for a pg, but he got it done against that comp. Looks intriguing, if a little overlooked so far. Wonder why?

He’s bounced around some in HS; from HS in TX, to Blair Academy in NJ, back to same HS in TX and now at prep school in GA. Could be a reason he’s been overlooked.

Comes from a top AAU program in the Texas Titans.

From what I can tell, only other offer is UMBC.

RT @AILopez23: Congrats to one of my childhood boys @JessePisto30 on verbally committing to play Basketball at UNC-Charlotte! Big time! #TxBoysInNC

interesting. i am not sure what to think about this.

i am going to trust the staff’s judgement but the kid’s only other offer was from umbc. i know he changed schools a lot but that should not affect his recruiting too much if he is a good player. i’m hoping this isn’t like a “settle for” player.

Okay, he is a bit of a goofball, but maybe they are bringing him in to host the coaches show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWUQoVG1Utw

Welcome to Charlotte!

From the video he seems to use both hands shooting and dribbling. Being 6'4"I was kind of impressed with what I call a dropback crossover. Only the more elite players at that height develop that kind of move.  It almost always freezes the defender and allows an uncontested shot or further penetration.   Video highlights can be deceiving but the guy looks intriguing.  Could be a shooter and lord knows we need more of those.  IMO worth a scholie.

I heard that Chapel Hill was interested, but realized he would destroy the grade curve.

Welcome Mr. Pistokache.

He seems like he might be able to play some SG, depending on who he is paired with. Wonder if we still go after another pg in this class, or if Pistokache is it.

We need at least one wing player, hopefully Johnson. What would we get with the final slot? I’d like to see us start bringing in more balanced classes, so maybe a PF / C?

not sure of mr. pistokache’s linage, but “hau, kola!

[quote=“earlyniner, post:15, topic:29178”]not sure of mr. pistokache’s linage, but “hau, kola!”[/quote]in one of the videos where he is giving a speech, he says he is half native american and half mexican.

FWIW, David Scott compared his game to Keyshawn Woods.

[quote=“moss2k, post:17, topic:29178”]FWIW, David Scott compared his game to Keyshawn Woods.[/quote]FWIW, I seriously doubt DS has ever seen him play.

[quote=“Niner National, post:18, topic:29178”][quote=“moss2k, post:17, topic:29178”]FWIW, David Scott compared his game to Keyshawn Woods.[/quote]FWIW, I seriously doubt DS has ever seen him play.[/quote]I’m certain he hasn’t, I’m sure he has connections to the staff and they’ve probably told him more about him than we know from a highlight film.

Welcome, Jesse! Don’t know much about him, but glad to have a commit at guard. Trust the talent evaluation and like his size.