JMU postgame

You were drunk, its understandable. Iā€™m just glad you didnā€™t land on me cause we would have taken out 24 rows of folks on the way down.

Iā€™m just glad youā€™re alive.

The profanity etc. happens in a lot of gamesā€¦ Not just our gamesā€¦ Some pro levels are worse yetā€¦
Lets look into the positives and negatives of the game and experienceā€¦

Looking at JMU and their stadium as they no doubt have something to look up to as our program will hopefully be there in a few years.
Maybe the drum line will expend some to become a more of a marching bandā€¦ Having them that close to the field was HUGE when we were in that end of the fieldā€¦
Seemed the scoreboard graphics did a great job of keeping the crowd cheering at the right times (even though there were NOT a lot of fans there)ā€¦

Keeping things in check of where we are with the program in a few years this will be a much different game, as our offensive playbook will be much bigger and our prayers much betterā€¦

Have to say that most of the fans and families that made the trip had a good time considering and I know the team appreicated the fact that so MANY made the trip and sat through all the rain to see them playā€¦

Completely agree. Had many JMU fans/students nearby. Most were fineā€¦just cheering for their team. A couple of people (probably studentsā€¦just judging by age) liked to throw some extra language out there. But I have heard far worse at many other sports venues.

What did surprise me was some of their fans lack of knowledge of the opponent. Heard on more than one occasion where a student looked at our fans and said ā€œUNC sucksā€ and also heard some question why we were cheering for the ā€œForty Ninersā€.

[quote=ā€œCrusader, post:44, topic:28268ā€]Completely agree. Had many JMU fans/students nearby. Most were fineā€¦just cheering for their team. A couple of people (probably studentsā€¦just judging by age) liked to throw some extra language out there. But I have heard far worse at many other sports venues.

What did surprise me was some of their fans lack of knowledge of the opponent
. Heard on more than one occasion where a student looked at our fans and said ā€œUNC sucksā€ and also heard some question why we were cheering for the ā€œForty Ninersā€.[/quote]
Have to love an uneducated sports fanā€¦ But at least they go the UNC part right :)) :))
Guess they missed the video graphic of their dog Duke, and Norm just before the gameā€¦

Was not you! Yes you were drunk but after we pointed out where the cops were you quieted down. Just glad you are alive!

Despite the awful traffic on 77N and the weather, we had a great trip.

Fastest offensive touchdown in school history?

Definitely enjoyed the evening after the game as well. Niner fans + Irish Pub = good time. Always.

[size=18px][font=georgia]Pile-Up in Dense Fog on I-77 Kills One, Injures Two[/font][/size]

[size=18px][font=georgia]http://www.wset.com/story/23492863/update-all-lanes-of-i-77-in-carroll-co-reopened-after-crash[/font][/size]

[font=arial][size=small]The Normbulance was not far behind this accident. [/size][/font]

Sorry about the 1 dead. Although I guess itā€™s a miracle more didnā€™t die.

6 total vehicles? Some guy on our bus claimed he saw on the 'net it was 50.

JMUā€™s claimed attendance was 18,302. Looked closer to 302 on the feed.

Iā€™d say maybe 4-5k total. There were more in the lots, but while we were tearing down our spot to go to the game, Iā€™d say 1/2 to 2/3 of our lot balled out. It was the free lot, so most were students.

We decided to travel up the other way through Winston once I saw the forecast, and that area is notorious for wrecks when the weather is badā€¦

Thoughts and prayers do go out to all of those that were involvedā€¦

I was very happy to see that we played much better than we did against Central. The defense really stepped it up after the first quarter. We had plenty of opportunities to get it within one score, but we just could not make the play offensively when we had the chance. Still, there are a lot of positives to take away from the first four games. The future is bright.

Probably all those season ticket holders that were afrad of the rain.

One thing we have learned is that there is a big talent (on-field and coaching) difference between FCS non-scholarship and full scholarship squads.

Remember, its our 19 year olds playing their 22 year olds.

[quote=ā€œninerball49, post:10, topic:28268ā€]Our roadies look great. Very clean.

Loved that we came out with a spark and got a fast start. Obviously were overmatched and showed our youth but that was nice to see especially after last week.

Keep on keepin on. We have football.[/quote]

Curious that we wear white unis in a night game and dark unis four our hot and humid day games.

[quote=ā€œSteauA, post:56, topic:28268ā€][quote=ā€œninerball49, post:10, topic:28268ā€]Our roadies look great. Very clean.

Loved that we came out with a spark and got a fast start. Obviously were overmatched and showed our youth but that was nice to see especially after last week.

Curious that we wear white unis in a night game and dark unis four our hot and humid day games.[/quote]

College is a bit more serious about colored jerseys for home games and whites on the road. Not sure if thatā€™s an official rule; but unlike the NFL teams rarely break the trend. I did notice VT wore white at home Saturday, but I think that was because of the military appreciation special uniform.

[quote=ā€œ49RFootballNow, post:57, topic:28268ā€][quote=ā€œSteauA, post:56, topic:28268ā€][quote=ā€œninerball49, post:10, topic:28268ā€]Our roadies look great. Very clean.

Curious that we wear white unis in a night game and dark unis four our hot and humid day games.[/quote]

College is a bit more serious about colored jerseys for home games and whites on the road. Not sure if thatā€™s an official rule; but unlike the NFL teams rarely break the trend. I did notice VT wore white at home Saturday, but I think that was because of the military appreciation special uniform.[/quote]

Someone posted on here (with NCAA reg) that if I recall correctly - it is at the home teams discretion. They choose visitors do the opposite.

At end of last home game, I remember hearing that Oct 5th is a whiteoutā€¦so I would hope the team is wearing white unis for that game

[quote=ā€œNinerWupAss, post:58, topic:28268ā€][quote=ā€œ49RFootballNow, post:57, topic:28268ā€][quote=ā€œSteauA, post:56, topic:28268ā€][quote=ā€œninerball49, post:10, topic:28268ā€]Our roadies look great. Very clean.

College is a bit more serious about colored jerseys for home games and whites on the road. Not sure if thatā€™s an official rule; but unlike the NFL teams rarely break the trend. I did notice VT wore white at home Saturday, but I think that was because of the military appreciation special uniform.[/quote]

Someone posted on here (with NCAA reg) that if I recall correctly - it is at the home teams discretion. They choose visitors do the opposite.[/quote]

Guess Coach L just likes to keep the guys hot then.