jodan's hof speech

clt says it revealed just how big of an ass this guy is.

Who is Jodan?

I watched it. I was very surprised by his arrogance. He lost lots of what little respect he had.

[QUOTE=woodniner;431381]I watched it. I was very surprised by his arrogance. He lost lots of what little respect he had.[/QUOTE]

If he was sober he’d have won some points back.:lol:

I thought Jodan Hof was some arab politician and this was the wrong forum

Didn’t see or hear it. What’d he say?

[QUOTE=lucky57;431405]Didn’t see or hear it. What’d he say?[/QUOTE]

“Everyone around me who ever disagreed with me was wrong, because I’m freakin’ awesome. Na na na na poo, poo.”

"Everyone around me who ever disagreed with me was wrong, because I'm freakin' awesome. Na na na na poo, poo."

He said, “David Thompson was shocked as **** when I called him.”

It went unbleeped.

Typical Chapel Hill arrogant piece of sh!t

He was pretty arrogant, but at the same time, this is a guy who wanted to be the best and beat all those naysayers or people he felt slighted him throughout his life. I think he could have had the same message, just not as crude and uncut as he put it. It seemed as if he had a hit list like steve buschemi in Billy Madison.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;431421]He was pretty arrogant, but at the same time, this is a guy who wanted to be the best and beat all those naysayers or people he felt slighted him throughout his life. I think he could have had the same message, just not as crude and uncut as he put it. It seemed as if he had a hit list like steve buschemi in Billy Madison.[/QUOTE]

You (and everybody) should watch the HBO show on The US Open at Cherry Hills in 1960. It juxtaposes Palmer vrs Nicklaus and especially Hogan, who Palmer thought was a total a$$hole. He’s too classy to come out and say it, but it’s pretty evident.

To paraphrase Palmer, you can be great and not be a jerk is how he thought of Hogan.

There have been tons of super athletes who weren’t pr!cks, at least not in public.

Good response article.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-jordanhall091209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

“Jordan wasn’t crying over sentimentality on Friday night as much as he was the loss of a life that he returned from two retirements to have again. The finality of his basketball genius hit him at the induction ceremony, hit him hard. Jordan showed little poise and less grace.”

Not even Jordan could outscore mother nature.

my favorite line… “there is no I in team…but there is in win”…there was a lot of truth to that and still is in a lot of sports. Time and time again we see an individual make a team better, or sometimes even carry a team all on their own…Jordan was one of those players. He will forever in my mind be one of the best…its too difficult to compare people of different generations and different styles of play/rules to say that he is the best all time. But he is definitely among the best.

If I had his accolades I would probably be cocky and arrogant too. I don’t mind his speech because that attitude is what makes you a better player…as long as you can back it up on/off the court. Confidence goes a long ways in sports.

my favorite line... [B]"there is no I in team...but there is in win"[/B]....there was a lot of truth to that and still is in a lot of sports. Time and time again we see an individual make a team better, or sometimes even carry a team all on their own...Jordan was one of those players. He will forever in my mind be one of the best...its too difficult to compare people of different generations and different styles of play/rules to say that he is the best all time. But he is definitely among the best.

If that was the truth then Lebron James would have already won a championship.

Jordan never wins those championships without the great team around him. He was the best, and made the team better. But he was allowed to be the BEST because of the people around him as well.

[QUOTE=J Felt;431448]If that was the truth then Lebron James would have already won a championship.

Jordan never wins those championships without the great team around him. He was the best, and made the team better. But he was allowed to be the BEST because of the people around him as well.[/QUOTE]

excellent! even we who happen to be superior human beings should remember that!!

[QUOTE=hootie;431419]Typical Chapel Hill arrogant piece of sh!t[/QUOTE]

He’s arrogant for Chapel Hill standards.

Threadjack: I was listening to the Dan Patrick podcast and they were discussing Jordan along with Robinson and Stockton. Patrick said Robinson was one of the greatest human beings he had ever met. His story on Stockton was about Stockton and his 8-year-old son after they lost Game 6 of the Finals. Stockton’s kid was as mad as anyone else who saw Jordan get away with the shove of Russell. After the game, his kid was on his way into the the locker room and spouted “we got ripped off. That was a foul”. Stockton pulled him aside, told him that “we don’t act like that”, and made the kid go apologize to the media members waiting outside of the locker room. Patrick said he thought that was great that Stockton did that moments after losing the biggest game of his life.

[QUOTE=hootie;431419]Typical Chapel Hill arrogant piece of sh!t[/QUOTE]I made a similar statement to someone and the dumbass asked me how I could talk bad about “UNC” since it was my school too. He was being serious too.

[QUOTE=J Felt;431448]If that was the truth then Lebron James would have already won a championship.

Jordan never wins those championships without the great team around him. He was the best, and made the team better. But he was allowed to be the BEST because of the people around him as well.[/QUOTE]

You’ve forgot this one . . . this was the reason and got [B]nothing[/B] to do with the arrogant hole at all. :shades:

[QUOTE=brentrob55;363410]I doubt that percentage is anywhere near accurate. I bet there are more fans of UNC on here than there are who hate them…I for one bleed green, but [B]cry carolina blue[/B]. Its just never worth the argument to say anything about them. You guys who get off by discriminating against people liking other schools are probably the same ones sitting at home on Friday nights playing World of Warcraft with your group of nerdy friends. You won’t see me wearing baby blue to Halton arena (thats just dumb, and I support my niner gear everywhere I can) but come March if we’re not in the dance…[B]I’ll be pulling for those Heels[/B]. Until then…hope we stomp Clemson tomorrow and regain some credibility.[/QUOTE]

doesn’t bother me… ummm it’s freakin Michael Jordan